Which defragment program you all use?

AeonFulx

UltimateDefrag 2008 v.2.0.0.47 is out with a crack by Mint that works.

I suppose it`s already here posted by "jfe".

I like Diskeeper Premier Pro 2008, now v.12.0.781 - because is faster - and speed that`s what we are always looking for...Working Patch by DeXter.

------------------------------------------

• Replies 121
  • Views 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kotaxor :

Each of us eats what we like.... :rolleyes:

cheers

Jofre

Hey jofre,

I am just commenting on UltimateDefrag new version.....NOT ASKING PPL to USE IT

Received a copy of ' UltimateDefrag 2008 2.0.0.47,' and installed it after uninstalling 'Diskeeper 2008 Pro Premier 12.0.781.'

Last night, after due customization of all files in the system - did a comprehensive overnight defrag and glad to note that this version is quicker than the previous version. The CPU cycles consumed were also minimal without any halt that was evident previously.

This release looks to be a promising one - will put it through the paces, soon (have to report to work, now.)

• 2 weeks later...

I think I saw latest UltimateDefrag 2008 Build V2.0.0.48 released somewhere.

I think I saw latest UltimateDefrag 2008 Build V2.0.0.48 released somewhere.

----------------------------------

Yes, you are right: V.2.0.0.48 is out.

Go to Softexia.com and there you can read comment done by DeXter , a guy who knows all about these kind of programs...

cheers

Jofre

Sub0Freeze

Is there some sort of consensus here? I've been using O&O Defrag and it seems to be okay, but nothing special. I have seen UltimateDefrag mentioned many times; should I switch over?

If anyone is using O&O Defrag and know how to keep it from starting up with my Windows, please let me know. It's annoying because every time I insert a USB drive, I have to kill the O&O Defrag background program in Windows Task Manager's processes or else the drive won't eject. Thanks.

Is there some sort of consensus here? I've been using O&O Defrag and it seems to be okay, but nothing special. I have seen UltimateDefrag mentioned many times; should I switch over?

If anyone is using O&O Defrag and know how to keep it from starting up with my Windows, please let me know. It's annoying because every time I insert a USB drive, I have to kill the O&O Defrag background program in Windows Task Manager's processes or else the drive won't eject. Thanks.

-----------------------------

Hi !

Try this :- Start / Run / (open) Msconfig / Startup - Take out the visa sign from O&O defrag / OK and restart then PC.

cheers

Jofre

Sub0Freeze

Thanks for the reply. I actually couldn't find O&O or Visa in the Startup tab, but I just went to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services and changed O&O from Automatic to Manual. That should be fine, right? Thanks.

Am trying out 'Raxco PerfectDisk 2008 9.00 Build 52 Professional Edition' and will post back on my feedback.

Thanks for the reply. I actually couldn't find O&O or Visa in the Startup tab, but I just went to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services and changed O&O from Automatic to Manual. That should be fine, right? Thanks.

---------------------------

Good to see you solve your problem.

Another way to get faster access to Services is : Start / Run / here write " Services.msc " and click OK.

cheers

jofre

Am trying out 'Raxco PerfectDisk 2008 9.00 Build 52 Professional Edition' and will post back on my feedback.

same with me :D, but i also use UD 2008, spectacular app

same with me :D , but i also use UD 2008, spectacular app

That's an interesting decsion, Marik (I mean, running 2 Defrags in the same system) and a bold one, too - do keep us updated. If beneficial, I'd like to go for it, too.

same with me :D , but i also use UD 2008, spectacular app

That's an interesting decsion, Marik (I mean, running 2 Defrags in the same system) and a bold one, too - do keep us updated. If beneficial, I'd like to go for it, too.

Running UD and PD will only cause your defragmenting jobs to take very long, because PD will probably try to put the files you put into Archive with UD back into the High Performance Area... And then again when you use UD it will put those files back into Archive around.

About performance after the defrag jobs: I think UD will give a better result, haven't really tried PD because i like UD so much, but PD will of course be better than the Windows defragmentation tool and give a good result too i guess...

inoesomestuff

ive tried O&O, Diskkeeper and PerfectDisk. Ive never tried ultimate defrag, maybe i will give it a try soon. I liked Diskkeeper and PerfectDisk tho PD kinda has problems doing the defrag before bootup thing, i think its because of antivirus or firewall.

Sub0Freeze

Good to see you solve your problem.

Another way to get faster access to Services is : Start / Run / here write " Services.msc " and click OK.

cheers

jofre

Thanks a lot! I just remembered that I used that keyword shortcut years ago but somewhere along the line completely forgot about it... haha. Thanks.

I haven't try PD before but I just got a copy of UD 2008 (yes I know i'm slower) and the function is awesome. Looks like they put in a lot of effort and the weird unmovable $$ files problem that occurred in the previous version seems to be fixed. Looking forward on latest update..

I agree with Shought about installing 2 defragment program. We will be waiting to hear the result of PD from Noddy. Anyhow XD both of the program have it's own strength.

FundamenTos

Hey guys!

I'm thinking about installing PD. But I've read it runs a background program called pd91agent.exe or something of the sort. Does anyone know if it can be turned off without it affecting the use of PD???

Thanks in advance.

you can turn it off but after that you cant do offline defragment ( defragmentation before windows start )

so our windows uses what? perfect disk or diskeeper :unsure:?

Archived