Which defragment program you all use?

AeonFulx

• Replies 121
  • Views 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If your willing to spend half an hour configuring a defragmenting program and by that get GREAT results, then you should use Ultimatedefrag. It allows you to choose for yourself where to place files, but it also has an auto mode which will do the work for you(results of this should be the same as any other defragmenting program). I strongly recommend the mode in which you can choose for yourself where to place the files.

Just read the guide they included in with their program, figure out which type of computer mentioned in there you have, select the proper mode for that and your computer will be faster than ever.

For download: It is listed on the frontpage(http://www.nsanedown.com/?request=5113647).

If your willing to spend half an hour configuring a defragmenting program and by that get GREAT results, then you should use Ultimatedefrag.

I totally agree... but not sure about the hour.

I have the tut and use the app..takes me 5 minutes if that

to set it up.

Follow these steps

1. uninstall old version

2. run the bat file

3. reboot

5. install 1.72 but don't start it yet

6. run kgn and click generate

7. enjoy

Kgn won't work if you start UD before generating a key.

-----------------------------------

In this tutorial we teach you how to use UltimateDefrag to speed up the

launch of ALL your applications so that they launch with vastly increased speed.

All applications have the extension .EXE also associated with those applications

are files with the .DLL extension. EXE stands for executable – meaning this is

what executed. DLL is Dynamic Link Library and these are called upon a lot by

programs – either at launch or during use.

If you place both your EXE files and DLL files to the High Performance outer tracks

– you will be achieving fastest data transfer possible from these files and programs

will launch with rapidity and any use that calls on these DLL files will also occur

much faster.

In the previous Tutorial you learned to place an entire folder to the outer tracks.

If you want it to stay in place then ensure that you still keep that folder in the

exclude list. This procedure will make these particular files follow on immediately

after the folder you laid out for High performance in the previous lesson.

To do this – please follow this procedure:

1. Select Tools=>Options

2. Under High Performance, place a check next to “Include These File Types”

3. Select Add and scroll down and add .EXE

4. Then Select Add again and add .DLL

5. Select None immediately under High Performance

6. So all that is checked is the “Include These File Types” with EXE and DLL

extensions selected.

7. Select OK to go back to the main interface

8. Select Defrag Method Consolidate

9. Select Respect High Performance

10. Select Respect Archive

11. Select Put Directories Close To MFT

12. Select Start

This procedure will perform the Archive Routine and will then place .EXE and .DLL

files to the outer tracks. After these are laid out in position a regular consolidate

will be performed.

If you like, after you complete this routine, restart your computer and you should

immediately sense a far greater level of performance as you launch files. Even your

operating system will be more responsive.

Best thing about this is that it really works!!

If your willing to spend half an hour configuring a defragmenting program and by that get GREAT results, then you should use Ultimatedefrag.

I totally agree... but not sure about the hour.

I have the tut and use the app..takes me 5 minutes if that

to set it up.

Well i read the whole guide, that was like 20 minutes reading and after that i set it up to cover my needs and after that it took me like 30 minutes total. If you read the guide you'll understand why this is the best, the makers really know what they're doing!

If you need the :nono: for Ultimatedefrag 1.72 pm me ;)

I use Ultimatedefrag too, and by the way it's frontpaged here

Whoops my bad! I should've known that.

So now after all tools indicated here the best is......

is............ is............is ..........................is.........THE BEST IS :- ;)

...................DISKEEPER 2008 PRO PREMIER v. 12.0.758.0 ...... :nono:

cheers

Jofre

If your willing to spend half an hour configuring a defragmenting program and by that get GREAT results, then you should use Ultimatedefrag. It allows you to choose for yourself where to place files, but it also has an auto mode which will do the work for you(results of this should be the same as any other defragmenting program). I strongly recommend the mode in which you can choose for yourself where to place the files.

Just read the guide they included in with their program, figure out which type of computer mentioned in there you have, select the proper mode for that and your computer will be faster than ever.

If you need the :think: for Ultimatedefrag 1.72 pm me :nono:

bro can you give me a copy of ultimatedefrag... thanks ;)

If you need the :dance2: for Ultimatedefrag 1.72 pm me :dance2:

bro can you give me a copy of ultimatedefrag... thanks :dance2:

I pm'd you but for the others: Just look on the frontpage, Applications, System & Security, Ultimatedefrag 1.72. Crack is there too.

Start--->Programs-->Disktrix-->Ultimatedefrag-->Ultimatedefrag help or Open ultimatedefrag-->Help-->PDF help. Look through those, but as i told you might: might take some time so prepare to read.

Been using Diskeeper for few years.. Does the defrag @ background while the pc is idle, so it's unnoticeable and keeps disks defragged.. Best out there imo..

While UltimateDefrag fascinates me, I use Perfect Disk 2008 mostly.

I have a question about defraggler. It comes from the makers of CrapCleaner. Did piriform make CCleaner or just buy it from the original developer? If piriform created CCleaner, then I may give defraggler a shot. If not then, the fantastic-ness of CCleaner gives no indication of how good defraggler will work.

bearoninternet

I used to use ultimate defrag and various others, for results, imo, ultimate defrag is the best (and the hardest to configure).

Lately i realized i was spending more time on defragmenting, (reg)cleaning up my drive and tweaking my os then actually using my computer. :pirate:

I recently dual booted to ubuntu and windows xp pro, all i use now for xp basicaly is ccleaner and jv16 powertools (i know, none of them are degragmenters) from time to time.

I no longer feel the need to defragment my disk for hours, for the gain of some startup seconds...

If you do, and you wonna do a real good job, i recommend ultimate defrag, take time to read the whole manual, and then sit back and enjoy the show :eekout: .

I used to use ultimate defrag and various others, for results, imo, ultimate defrag is the best (and the hardest to configure).

Lately i realized i was spending more time on defragmenting, (reg)cleaning up my drive and tweaking my os then actually using my computer. :eekout:

I recently dual booted to ubuntu and windows xp pro, all i use now for xp basicaly is ccleaner and jv16 powertools (i know, none of them are degragmenters) from time to time.

I no longer feel the need to defragment my disk for hours, for the gain of some startup seconds...

If you do, and you wonna do a real good job, i recommend ultimate defrag, take time to read the whole manual, and then sit back and enjoy the show :P .

You know what you're talking about :pirate: Ultimatedefrag is the best if you spend some time configuring it. But if you're lazy, then it's certainly nothing for you!

Archived