Which defragment program you all use?

AeonFulx

Still O&O Defrag 10 here but i've heard only good things about Raxco PerfectDisk 2008

------------------------------------------

"Raxco PerfectDisk 2008 Build 9.00 Build 44" last version sense 4th /Mar / 2008 . If crack or key needed, PM me !

My Pleasure to help people here .... :dance2:

cheers

Jofre

• Replies 121
  • Views 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tried out Ultimate Defrag 1.72 today, took 10 mins to read the pdf, took me 5 min to decide on the configuration, took me 2 hours to defrag and consolidate and 2 min to reboot.

After that........WOW. This is awsome. Doesn't defrag during idle, all my program run faster.

I had the same results after i first used it, but don't expect it to keep boosting up your speed :P It won't, fast won't get faster ;)

:dance2: I would be real surprise if it keep on boosting my speed. As long as it is what I want then its OK! I think UD will stay in my computer for a while, had removed the rest.

Well, I'm very disappointed with the last UD v1.72. :angry:

From v1.69 there is a bug in the UI: on some XP PC's, the windows "volume information" is not showed and then the UD is freezing).

And the v1.72 add one bug more : in mode "Consolidate" or in mode" Folder/File Name" the UD1.72 can staying hours on a same file named something as : "....:$INDEX_ALLOCATION" ! :fear:

But in mode "Fragmented File" Only UD v1.72 is normally working (going through)!

Also very surprising is that V1.72 is out on begin November 2007 and since there are no visible activities on the UD site !

In absence of new of beter version, my only solution was to downgrade to V1.64 :wacko: :frusty:

For your information:

About a year ago, I was trying a few of the then latest defrag programs, some of the defrag program cause my computer to freeze or reboot (which is very dangerous) during

defragmention. At that time, I had finally decide on OO defrag because of these glitches.

Finally, I found out that most of these defrag programs had conflict with my firewall (I am using Outpost then).

Later, I removed my Outpost firewall and all (those that I had tested and try) defrag programs works fine with Comodo firewall (which I am currently using).

Now, I am happily settle with UD 1.72 for the time being (unless something unique comes along)

Note: I found that Outpost tried to protects it files from being moved or defrag, as such, freezing or rebooting my computer!

Hope this little bit of information helps!

FYI : :blink:

Dear PC User

You are receiving this e-mail because you have previously tried or purchased UltimateDefrag.

We're pleased to announce the next major version of our leading edge defrag and hard drive optimization product - UltimateDefrag 2008.

Come and check it out at http://www.disktrix.com/ud2008.htm :sneaky:

UltimateDefrag is not just a defragger - it's a hard drive optimizer.

There's no other product like it in the world today. No other product does what it does to improve your hard drive and PC performance.

Please note that it is not quite ready yet, however we strongly suggest that you come and check out what's coming in the new release. Plus there's answers to questions for current owners of UltimateDefrag.

If you haven't yet purchased UltimateDefrag, you can save 25% off the current version and enjoy a free upgrade to the new version.

Again, click on over to http://www.disktrix.com/ud2008.htm to see what's in store.

Regards

The UltimateDefrag Team

http://www.disktrix.com

Thanks for the update, Prius - based on the info. posted by Shought & kotaxor, I've just downloaded Ultimate Defrag 1.72 and will post back with my feedback.

Well, lets wait till April and see whether the new UD2008 is any better!

Their improvements list is similar to my requests list :rolleyes: So i guys it'll be awesome!

BTW - Nothing in life is free or will remain free for long.

Only if we set a price! If we can, in a friendly vegetable or fruit region, the only responsibility is taking care of the plants/trees. Which is funny how some laws (our perception anyway) dictates to people what they can grow (non vegetables or fruits)... Let see how new generations fix old farts weaknesses of arrogant limitations or simply greed.

Anyway Obit SmartDefrag is free and it claims defraging (and also defroging:) automatically in the background. I try to use what ever has worked best for a particular disk setup (it freaking takes time to test:(, and read the plenty of good advace here and elsewhere. I hope someday a newer File-System can take care of its own or probably a future OS can anrrange the files wisely. In a way XP already does defrag certains files while in iddle, try searching for OptimalLayout.

Well I have to defrag my stomach with pizza...

Guys, have a good.

Been trying out 'Ultimate Defrag 1.72' extensively over the past 5 days and find it to be quite promising - personally, I rate it slightly more than even 'Diskeeper 2008 Pro Premier 12.0.758.0' due to the following 2 points:-

1) One can customize to perfection which files, folders and extensions will be placed always within the 'high performance band' (outer circumference.)

2) The setup file is one of the smallest amongst Defragmenters - just 2,656 KBs (uncompressed.)

I did notice, however - 'Ultimate Defrag 1.72' took more time in doing its task, in my system. Also, the defragmenting process in 'auto' needs to be improved.

Looking forward to the impending release of the all new 'Ultimate Defrag 2008'

Been trying out 'Ultimate Defrag 1.72' extensively over the past 5 days and find it to be quite promising - personally, I rate it slightly more than even 'Diskeeper 2008 Pro Premier 12.0.758.0' due to the following 2 points:-

1) One can customize to perfection which files, folders and extensions will be placed always within the 'high performance band' (outer circumference.)

2) The setup file is one of the smallest amongst Defragmenters - just 2,656 KBs (uncompressed.)

I did notice, however - 'Ultimate Defrag 1.72' took more time in doing its task, in my system. Also, the defragmenting process in 'auto' needs to be improved.

Looking forward to the impending release of the all new 'Ultimate Defrag 2008'

I begin to like it because of Point 1. The initial defrag took more than two hours even though I have use others defrag tools to defrag before hand, because it has to re-shuffle all

my request option. Subsequent defrag, about one week later, took only about 10 mins.

Me too, is looking forward to UD 2008

Switched from Diskeeper to PerfectDisk 2008 when I changed my os and it seems to be quite good.. Much slower than Diskeeper tho, but maybe more effective.. Not sure yet..

• 4 weeks later...

Latest Version Releases

Raxco PerfectDisk 2008 (Professional) Build 9.00 Build 52

Diskeeper 2008 (Pro Premier) 12.0.781

I use PerfectDisk Server version 9 build 52. It's now compatable with x64 bit OS's.

Works real well with my Windows Server 2008 x64.

I use Vopt 8. It's slow but very efficient. I like that it mas very small memory footprint and doesn't hog up the resources.

Have to mention here (with a lot regrets) have had to uninstall Ultimate Defrag 1.72 after enjoying it for more than a month. Been noticing that every time a manual defrag job was run to consolidate free space on my harddisk, the process would remain at 77% (not frozen, though.) The process would fail to progress even with the system left running over-night. However, I'm sure it's a condition peculiar to my system; probably due to some conflict or the other - other Users may/may not come across this issue.

Last week, I re-installed Diskeeper 2008 Pro Premier (the latest 12.0.781) but have been unable to test it out, yet - hope to write in again soon about the performance of the above version.

Am going to really miss Ultimate Defrag 1.72 - look forward to the next release.

Am going to really miss Ultimate Defrag 1.72 - look forward to the next release.

I've had problems like that in the past too... It's probably some error with moving (a) very large file(s). I hope the 2008 version will be out soon!!! Their page says mid April... We've passed that now so it should be out soon :cheers:

Have to mention here (with a lot regrets) have had to uninstall Ultimate Defrag 1.72 after enjoying it for more than a month. Been noticing that every time a manual defrag job was run to consolidate free space on my harddisk, the process would remain at 77% (not frozen, though.) The process would fail to progress even with the system left running over-night. However, I'm sure it's a condition peculiar to my system; probably due to some conflict or the other - other Users may/may not come across this issue.

Last week, I re-installed Diskeeper 2008 Pro Premier (the latest 12.0.781) but have been unable to test it out, yet - hope to write in again soon about the performance of the above version.

Could be the firewall, disable the firewall before defrag............most firewall does not allow it system files to be moved around!

Could be the firewall, disable the firewall before defrag............most firewall does not allow it system files to be moved around!

It's an interesting thought about the firewall - I did revisit that (the problem was something else as my ZoneAlarm was configured for unrestricted all around permissions to Ultimate Defrag 1.72)

I think UltimateDerag 2008 will be there when i wake up tomorrow. At the moment their servers are down, so they're probably making them ready for when everyone wants to download version 2008 or something. Maybe i'll even get it before i go to sleep, lucky me, would that be :)

I got the same problem it seems only when they move $Secure:$SDS:$Data and another time is some logfile of my Kaspersky. But UltimateDefrag 2008 is available now! I can't want to try it out! I hope it's awesome!

But UltimateDefrag 2008 is available now! I can't want to try it out! I hope it's awesome!

Yay, it's final out! But i can't locate a download link yet... Only paid customers are able to download it now. Might there be someone that could help me with that?

I got the same problem it seems only when they move $Secure:$SDS:$Data

Right AeonFulx - I noticed that $Secure:$SDS:$Data was one of the hurdles for Ultimate Defrag 1.72 in my system, too.

i have used auslogics, o&o, jkdefrag, ultimetdefrag, diskeeper, windows disk defrag( :) ) and defraggler...personal favorites auslogics, o&o, Windows and defraggler... somehow logic used by defraggler has pleased me a lot... so will be trying it for a few days... though i dont prefer wasting time on defragmenting :frusty: ..one more point on defraggler... it shows the files it couldnt defragment... so can sum1 check its honesty and try defragmenting some of those files with sum other defragmenter... that might just prove the king i suppose :P ..

Archived