Which defragment program you all use?

AeonFulx

Several Defragment Tools .

Just PM me and I will send you the link from where you may download program (and crack) chosen :

Diskeeper 2008 12.0.758.0

UltimateDefrag 1.72

O&O Defrag 10.0 Build 1634 Professional/ Server Edition

Raxco PerfectDisk 2008 Build 9.00.039

Paragon Total Defrag 2007 Build 2265

mst Defrag 1.9.30.76

cheers

Jofre

• Replies 121
  • Views 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i was using perfectdisc 2007, and "upgrade" to the 2008 version.

the interface look much better, but i think the defragmenting is much slower.

after reading all the good comment about UltimateDefrag, and reading about it, on their website, i feel the need...to try it.

I used to use ultimate defrag and various others, for results, imo, ultimate defrag is the best (and the hardest to configure).

Lately i realized i was spending more time on defragmenting, (reg)cleaning up my drive and tweaking my os then actually using my computer. :frusty:

I recently dual booted to ubuntu and windows xp pro, all i use now for xp basicaly is ccleaner and jv16 powertools (i know, none of them are degragmenters) from time to time.

I no longer feel the need to defragment my disk for hours, for the gain of some startup seconds...

If you do, and you wonna do a real good job, i recommend ultimate defrag, take time to read the whole manual, and then sit back and enjoy the show :dance2: .

You know what you're talking about :rolleyes: Ultimatedefrag is the best if you spend some time configuring it. But if you're lazy, then it's certainly nothing for you!

I tried it and it's awsome. I read about the theory and also tried some config now my com boot up much better. What option you usually use? Care to share?

I tried it and it's awsome. I read about the theory and also tried some config now my com boot up much better. What option you usually use? Care to share?

I place folders like System32, Program Files and Games at High Performance. Folders like i386, MSOCache, Music/Video collections and filetypes .msi, .zip, .rar, .cab and .msp at Archive. I also use Automatic at both, but those options you really have to figure out for yourself because they differ from pc to pc. The technique is use is consolidate with all options selected. It works quite well for me, but haven't defragged for some time. I think i'll have to do it some time soon and then i'll see some improvements again.

Until recently, I was using Raxco PerfectDisk 8.0.67 Professional Edition (Retail) - I'm currently trying out Diskeeper 2008 Pro Premier 12.0.758.0 and personally, find it awesome.

Until recently, I was using Raxco PerfectDisk 8.0.67 Professional Edition (Retail) - I'm currently trying out Diskeeper 2008 Pro Premier 12.0.758.0 and personally, find it awesome.

I second that, no configuration necessary, as it defrag when pc is idle, there is no actual need to defrag manually at all. Its awesome indeed!

Did piriform make CCleaner or just buy it from the original developer?

So this thought really came into your mind? You really think that a company buys a program and then distributes it as freeware? Doesnt sound verry logical to me? so ofcourse piriform are the orignall developers!! >> http://www.piriform.com/about <<

Did piriform make CCleaner or just buy it from the original developer?

So this thought really came into your mind? You really think that a company buys a program and then distributes it as freeware? Doesnt sound verry logical to me? so ofcourse piriform are the orignall developers!! >> http://www.piriform.com/about <<

Yep like the title said what kind of it you use? I use JKDefrag I feel that it's easy and nice to use.

Y not use build in Disk Defragmenter :) works the same

-------------------------------

Noddy ,

There is a new version now,sense today : v.12.0.770.0 ( just as info...).

--------------------------------

Another version :- 12.0.781.0

( I have the crack and license for it...)

cheers

jofre

I use the one called Diskkeeper its good also our windows defragmentation program is not bad.

Ultimate defrag...

Well, I'm very disappointed with the last UD v1.72. :sneaky:

From v1.69 there is a bug in the UI: on some XP PC's, the windows "volume information" is not showed and then the UD is freezing).

And the v1.72 add one bug more : in mode "Consolidate" or in mode" Folder/File Name" the UD1.72 can staying hours on a same file named something as : "....:$INDEX_ALLOCATION" ! :dance2:

But in mode "Fragmented File" Only UD v1.72 is normally working (going through)!

Also very surprising is that V1.72 is out on begin November 2007 and since there are no visible activities on the UD site !

In absence of new version, my only solution was to downgrade to V1.64 :wacko: :frusty:

Ultimate defrag...

Well, I'm very disappointed with the last UD v1.72. :sneaky:

From v1.69 there is a bug in the UI: on some XP PC's, the windows "volume information" is not showed and then the UD is freezing).

And the v1.72 add one bug more : in mode "Consolidate" or in mode" Folder/File Name" the UD1.72 can staying hours on a same file named something as : "....:$INDEX_ALLOCATION" ! :dance2:

But in mode "Fragmented File" Only UD v1.72 is normally working (going through)!

Also very surprising is that V1.72 is out on begin November 2007 and since there are no visible activities on the UD site !

In absence of new version, my only solution was to downgrade to V1.64 :wacko: :frusty:

Yep that's right, but i don't use the volume information thing. and it still is the best defragger in my opinion.

Noddy ,

There is a new version now,sense today : v.12.0.770.0 ( just as info...).

cheers

jofre

Righto jofre - it's already been installed and runs like a charm - cheers.

Shought, it's a shame about the issues you pointed out regarding UD 1.72 - I was planning to try it out (guess that will have to wait, now.) Do keep us updated of the same.

Many ppl claims that constant defragmenting will wear out the hard disk faster, others claims that constant defragmenting will make the pc read faster and its healthy.

Well?

To have a healthy hard disk but die faster??? maybe Jkdefrag is better? That is my sole opinion!

Tried out Ultimate Defrag 1.72 today, took 10 mins to read the pdf, took me 5 min to decide on the configuration, took me 2 hours to defrag and consolidate and 2 min to reboot.

After that........WOW. This is awsome. Doesn't defrag during idle, all my program run faster.

Tried out Ultimate Defrag 1.72 today, took 10 mins to read the pdf, took me 5 min to decide on the configuration, took me 2 hours to defrag and consolidate and 2 min to reboot.

After that........WOW. This is awsome. Doesn't defrag during idle, all my program run faster.

I had the same results after i first used it, but don't expect it to keep boosting up your speed :) It won't, fast won't get faster :P

I had the same results after i first used it, but don't expect it to keep boosting up your speed :P It won't, fast won't get faster :dance2:

:( I would be real surprise if it keep on boosting my speed. As long as it is what I want then its OK! I think UD will stay in my computer for a while, had removed the rest.

I had the same results after i first used it, but don't expect it to keep boosting up your speed :P It won't, fast won't get faster ;)

;) I would be real surprise if it keep on boosting my speed. As long as it is what I want then its OK! I think UD will stay in my computer for a while, had removed the rest.

Well, I'm very disappointed with the last UD v1.72. ;)

And the v1.72 add one bug more : in mode "Consolidate" or in mode" Folder/File Name" the UD1.72 can staying hours on a same file named something as : "....:$INDEX_ALLOCATION" ! :fear:

In absence of new of beter version, my only solution was to downgrade to V1.64 :wacko: :frusty:

i just the defrag the TuneUP UT has since i'm to lazy to dl a new one ;)

Still O&O Defrag 10 here but i've heard only good things about Raxco PerfectDisk 2008

SacredCultivator

For me I use UltimateDefrag, but yeah I configured it to the knowledge I know and it does the trick, Defrags don't last that long.

Although it is true they haven't updated in quite somet ime, as I remember in the past it was like they did quite a few Updates within a short period of time.

STill open to try out others.

---

EDIT:

Defraggler: For those that have used/tried it... It is like the Built In one for Windows? Or well opinions I suppose =P

Archived