• The Windows Firewall
    • Kaspersky
    • Other (State Below)

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 149
  • Views 150.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

none :frusty: (only the windowsshit :angry: )

the firewalls slowing down my internet :fear:

and most of the time i'm using Linux (virusfree :P )

Damn BitDefender blocked alll serials! :P going to have to start using Outpost... I think- if not lazy :angry:

• 2 months later...
Just interested in w hat is out there and why OR why not you use or will never use :(

Outpost, fer me. :frusty: I think it's important to have a firewall, its AV Software that's not needed IMO.

• 1 month later...

For now I use Comodo PF pro, but I tried ZA 7 and that's a nice one too.

So both are nice.

I used Sygate for a while it was good but since its development stopped I switched to comodo, comodo is just tooo much, finally I fed up configuring it, so I switched to Outpost, Outpost is fine esp after disabling all those extra plugins

• 9 months later...

i use to use none.i read the tests on firewalls and tried KIS and have used it so far,it has found a lot of malware etc. that other programs have obviously missed

No problem, but you should know that there are out there better firewalls than KIS's. Outpost an Zonealarm used to be among them, but Sygate, Jetico, Look'n'Stop look better in my opinion. Although as integrated solution, KIS is far better, fighting malware on many other fronts. Comodo emerged as a good free solution also.

Does Sygate firewall update anymore? With Zone alarm, I read it can be a problem for bittorrent and p2p programs and ever since I heard that it could be spying on it's users, I just gave up on that firewall.

I'm currently using Outpost and have no problems with it, can't remember the last time I had a virus, or someone hacking my computer,lol. Spyware is a bitch though.. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a question, i have Windows XP on my laptop with windows firewall and i work from behind a router(with proper firewall) would Eset's firewall do a better job then Windows firewall? I mean would it make any difference? I'm thinking in performance for the greatest part because i'm behind a router so nothing gets in unwanted. So which one would use the least resources, but still give me effective security?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I've got a question, i have Windows XP on my laptop with windows firewall and i work from behind a router(with proper firewall) would Eset's firewall do a better job then Windows firewall? I mean would it make any difference? I'm thinking in performance for the greatest part because i'm behind a router so nothing gets in unwanted. So which one would use the least resources, but still give me effective security?

Eset's firewall is a good packet filter and with NAT it should be a great protection.

I don't know if Eset's firewall is better, but it atleast will give you less problems then Windows Firewall.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Ive found that between my netgear routers firewall and just regular windows firewall, I am protected from a majority of the threats.

• 1 month later...

Archived