• Tiny
    • Panda
    • ZoneAlarm
    • Kerio
    • The Windows Firewall
    • Kaspersky
    • Other (State Below)

• Administrator

To bad the program contains many bugs at the moment. I don't reccomend installing it on a mission critical system.

• Replies 149
  • Views 150.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

true it is buggy and it is in pre beta as well.

if ppl in this forum likes kaspersky antivirus try thr new KIS and report bugs and ideas etc...

but i think when this new internet security suite comes to official version i think the firewall in KIS will be one of the best there are to date.

the kaspersky team has added so many features (BTW its not bloatware but has more features than norton)

its got a feature that no other internet security suite has and that is the feature PROACTIVE DEFENCE in in that feature that is many features in that feature.

that like Process Guard implemeneted in KIS and also many other features.

thats why i choose KAspersky above everything else. ;)

• Administrator

It was never a bug with port 80... rather a problem with the web scanner, AFIAK, the web scanner has many bugs fixed and its now useable.

loads of bugs have been fixed the issue with port 80 is fixed.

all i can say is test it and the bugs u find report it to the kaspersky forum it critical :)

how about the cpu usage?...coz the latest outpost rather high cpu usage compared with version 2.7. I think antispyware plugins makes it rather slow and cpu usage...or only happen to me.

i don't really like outpost coz the antispyware in it is not as good as other antispyware like spybot-search & destroy, adaware se, ewido, a-squared, spyware doctor.

if u have all the antispyware and antitrojans that i have posted u don't need the antispyware from outpost.

btw U should wait for KIS build 204 or higher than 203 and then test it and report all bugs u find and suggestion u got.

coz in the 204 they have already fixed quite a few known bugs.

check the forum evryday to find the new release of 204 i think it will be released very soon.

i find the firewall outpost to be a bit complecated to use.

the firewall in KIS is better i think and easier to use. it also got more features than any other firewall.

• Administrator

Theres firewalls with more features than the anti-hacker of KIS. Outpost and the KIS firewall are based on virtually the same concept - pre made rules for most applications + IDS system (and some other minor things), both are very similar in useability.

You can disable the anti-spyware feature of Outpost 3+ if you want, it will be like it was never there, so thats really not a problem.

true but the main feature of outpost 3.0 is the antispyware.

well i will test the next pre beta version of KIS and see how stable it is.

but i believe it very good.

look here these ar eall the features its go

ftp://ftp.kaspersky-labs.com/beta/kis2006...eature_list.htm

it will be update when the beta version comes out i think so there is still more things to put.

• Administrator

Outposts firewall covers all of the features of the anti-hacker componant of KIS. KIS as a suite has more features than outpost.

Outpost is a FIREWALL, its main feature is to be a FIREWALL. The anti-spyware is an additional, value-added, feature.

Your name on the KAV forums, is VirusRemover, right?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

i use Kerio Personal Firewall.. seems to work.. i dont like ZoneAlarm.. ZoneAlarm tends to piss me off for some reason..

I use ZoneAlarm,

A question for experts: I read some where that ZoneAlarm firewall ( the company zone labs ) has been acused by some one that they use the firewall so they can spy on people. By spy they mean send data to the company.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest alex626av

Zonelabs is the best i never get anything bad even though there have many attempts to get my system

infected

• 2 months later...

i use KIS 2006, and its a VERY GOOD package. i suggest u all at least try this thingie. in short time, u will know every app on ur comp, when it goes 2 take a piss or goes 2 bed :dance2: or everything else. i think thats good, coz u got 2 know better the mechs behind the op system and critical apps.

I still use Sygate Pro, I tried others but I don't like firewalls that run on definitions.

I like to set up everything myself.

Thanks. :dance2:

Archived