• Kerio
    • The Windows Firewall
    • Kaspersky
    • Other (State Below)

• Replies 149
  • Views 150.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you forget to make a poll? anyway, i use Sygate pro and i will NEVER go back to using ZoneAlarm Free. ZA is so obsolete to Sygate.

Another Sygate Pro user here, everything

that's offered in this site is very good

software, Thanks Nsane. ;)

LemonHead2089

added a poll

I use kaspersky anti-hacker... cuz when i used to use kaspersky antivirus I got anti-hacker as well. Kaspersky anitvirus died and I never got around to using a different firewall.

Sygate Personal Firewall Pro

Definately in my 'Top 5' software of all time :)

LemonHead2089

i use Outpost Firewall Pro. been using it for about and year and half now and i love it. easy to use and configure and it easy to understand, too, which is important to me

i use Outpost Firewall Pro. been using it for about and year and half now and i love it. easy to use and configure and it easy to understand, too, which is important to me

I really liked Outpost when i tried it, but the one thing that really bothered me was that it would randomly block my games from the internet and i couldnt figure out what was wrong.

LemonHead2089

randomly block your games? you sure you just didnt know which app controlled the game's access to the internet and you ended up accidently blocking it?

I knew, it was probably something like Game.exe and i allowed it, but it just decided it was going to block it. So i ended up using Sygate.

LemonHead2089

that's strange. i've only had two or three problems since the first time i used it and they weren't that major.

thanks for the poll lemmonhead...i was gojng to add it when i got home from work today but saw you had done it for me.... i use sygate too....

Sygate has decided its going to know bypass my advanced rules. Does anyone know whats going on?

EDIT: i make the advanced rule to allow a connection to the ip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx and in the traffic logs, it says connection to ip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx blocked?!

you tried rebooting?

Everything, im going to switch to another firewall. whats a good one? besides ZoneAlarm and Outpost.

EDIT: nvm, trying out Kerio.

The advanced rules are working fine for me, did you miss something?

-General

--Rule Description

---[ ]

--Action

---Allow This Traffic

---Block This Traffic

--Advanced Settings

---Apply Rule To Network Interface

Choose your card

-Hosts

--Apply this rule to IP Address

-Ports & Protocols

--ALL

Did you miss any of these?

Nope, went through every advanced rule over and over again to check for errors, everything was fine. I think im going to back to good ol ZoneAlarm.

LemonHead2089

why would you rarely use your firewall? its best to have it running up at all times when your connected to the internet. if you think it slows your computer down, maybe you should try and different firewall then

Archived