HX1

• Replies 349
  • Views 439.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well yeah now that you mention it... You might can merge the first two.. the third won't go because of the size of the Temporary attachment... ( 303 kb at 800 x 500 ) too many slight gradient changes in the background.. though the black backgrounds are a bit smaller.. I still had 3 kb left.. I have the wall, possible avatard, and two small webbuttons to finish before I host off site and post it all up.. like my #2 post... I am thinking about using a color chart example however, because of all of the different versions I am going to include this time... I will also be consolidating the banners post into this as well... and getting rid of a few of them..

grouchysmurf

@grouchysmurf - I did try what you mentioned yet it however washed out in color wise.. Didn't really look good.. too much color for the idea present.. instead of a color pop.. it was just color..

It's that time again.... :P

Feedback on this design... ( yes packages is still being made.. :rolleyes: ) This is a more permanent redo.. of the Summer 2011 ( which was total crap IMHO... unless you had photoshop and could customize it for your particular need.. layout.. or gimp )..

This is resized to 800x500..original is a 2560 x 1600... color variations to go with the rest will be available when done. ( :rolleyes: oh the bandwidth :P ) Notations for layout, design, and for elements such as the plus.. This is meant to be the accent with a dark background.. ( made by me ).. Lighter version will be made as well when a layout is determined.. and inversion as well as PSD for customizing..

On the first part, yeah, I kinda played with it and it did wash out the effect. Was worth a try...

On the second part, I really like the 3rd wallpaper, the step fully extended.

Well.. finally some feedback on which one.... I have six colors and white and black variations for each to make... The 4th is going to be driven by personal preference and a PSD .. anyway thats a total of 24 Wallpapers @ 2560 x 1600 each...in ( a few almost a MB each ).. If I can narrow it down a little.. would be great ..LOL.. We'll see though so far looking like a hefty DL anyway..

grouchysmurf

Additional note,

I took another look at the black wash done as the background

of the wall paper and I like the wash, the tint or hue is separated just enough to see a difference with out

being too much.

The transparency of the blue step really works to bring out the logo.

Am I right in assuming that the step color can be modified to fit different

color schemes? (LOL, in other words, others made with different colors)

Yeah, there are the six colors I have been using in the palette... The PSD file is editable too...4 different versions, three made for those who do not have the programs or ability to make them their-selves but only for that color palette...

* it is strongly suggested that packages are downloaded and viewed in full, then mods and images hosted by each user. PSD's can be modified at will.

Download: nsanedown.WP.2011
This mediafire download folder contains ZIP packages of each one listed under 'what's included' on the Preview.
--------

*Hitting 'BACK' at the slideshow top right 'Nav' will allow you to get links for each image to post -OR- Right-click image in slideshow, ' View Image' and then 'Copy Link Location' or URL.
Each ZIP file includes...

----------

* THANK YOU - to all of the members who have given input and feedback over the past several months. Greatly appreciated!

nsanedownWP Post Changelog - 12.19.13

• nsane.wallpaper.WP uploaded
  • Added Slideshow Preview Per Image Type
  • Added access to Image Hosting
  • Added avatar ( messy PSD )

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to thank the nsane staff for managing to keep the site

up even when it is trying to go down.........

post-34822-0-13053200-1315889307_thumb.j

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Thinking with Portals.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Curved corners version:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yesterday morning, I was waiting for the final volume of Portal 2 OST to release, dunno, had a gut feeling it was the day. So I made it and few final touches were left to make. I start the computer on evening, open photoshop, feel like checking the the Portal music link, open it and bam, released. Gave the final touches while it was downloading.

ANW, I thought about cutting the edges but decided otherwise.

Also, the the "work" is mine, the rest isn't. The font is licensed, the O portal in middle and the guy, etc. are from the Portal guys and few things from Google. The credit goes to every respective right holder. I'm making a parody-like so it's fine. :P

• Administrator

Thanks. :)

Should have called curved instead, the one I always do. :P But yea you're right, corners. ^_^

Ah well, I'll post em anyway. Checkout my previous post.

Come to think of it, I could have added a inside 5px stroke with a good particular color to the curved ones. Would have look good. Ah well, will do it next time. :)

There are so many things that can be done to sigs. I need to get out of my normal way of doing them and explore more.

• Administrator

Nice one +1

can i get a licence to use one

Thanks. You mean the sigs? Sure, why not. :)

@D

very nice ...

looks cool ...

+1

suggestion - try changing the Blue O to a little more groovy style/font .

it looks fine , but some how i guess it can be a lil better in design/shape ...

(ps- how i wish i had some time to do some thing like this . designing and stuff .... )

• Administrator

@D

very nice ...

looks cool ...

+1

suggestion - try changing the Blue O to a little more groovy style/font .

it looks fine , but some how i guess it can be a lil better in design/shape ...

(ps- how i wish i had some time to do some thing like this . designing and stuff .... )

Thanks. :)

But I didn't design it. :P

But yes, it's a bit rough when minimized. Didn't wanted to modify it.

nsane.WP.Helloween.2011

Copy Image Location: These are created for the Month of October...Fall... Last two may appear to be the same but actually have transparent backgrounds to be more photogenic wherever they may be posted..

• Green, Grey, and Transparent...
  • Without gradient and border,
  • with both
  • without gradient...

Posted Image     Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

check out cadesart.com for original artwork used in final banner

• Administrator

Scary. :fear:

But nice work. :)

I couldn't bring myself to use some of the stock and resources I found.. had this creepy little doll too.. and was gonna go a little ' burton goth ' just wasn't looking right though.. More time and tools I could do it.. but.. yeah.. some worse stuff out there.. LOL :thumbsup:

Wasn't sure how to address this holiday with respect to international and broad scope holidays in this area.. A bunch of them ..

Archived