HX1

grouchysmurf

Okay one more.. a little cleaner and the start of that cleaner run.. up for feedback wit the others.. inspired by ..

:o ..LOL This is me playing around though..

Posted Image

Anyway.. hope to hear your opinions..

I really like the clean look. I also like the over-size ND in the background. The banner on the site fits very well.

• Replies 349
  • Views 439.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Looks very nice. Maybe the lower bar is a bit too green. But let me tell you, this reminds me of the time I used to play Half Life (1). The loading screen / developer console felt very similar. And Half Life was seemed to be designed by the topmost of the artists out there. :)

@HX1: Any reason why you did consider the wallpaper as "questionable materials" :lol: ?

LOL.. habits... :)

On HalfLife I never actually played it.. I had bosses who did .. at work in some of their free time.. but not me.. There have been a lot of influences out there over the years though... That bar to me was too colorful... When I add it and one of the textures.. it gets greener.. but it gave a color to a neutral feel.. was at first trying to stay away from or find a better color.. but this came out the way it did.. will be considered.. may use a different blending technique.. I think I had two I liked at the time..

EDIT: Could be the naughty steganography.. LOL.. j/k :P

Okay so Final Version of the Wallpaper S2011..is done... see Some Post #. One full test included example, color example, and light example is shown. Dark and Light versions of the Wallpaper is included as well as the PSD to create any of the many available versions possible with it.. Fonts needed have been included in previous projects.. Have Fun.. :)

• Administrator

Nice. :)

Will checkout the PDF later.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

This time I'm planning to do something special. Not outstanding, but special. For which I'm installing Inkscape. It involves fonts and editing them a bit. Hope that Inkscape allows to edit a written text. Doesn't matter if I got to rasterize it.

• Administrator

Vector graphics are so misunderstood...

What I want cannot be accomplished in Raster Graphics, so worth a shot. :)

Definitely worth trying indeed. Since I like the cleaner/scalable results, I tried to supply vectorial outputs to my clients many times, although I use the "needed tool" principle.

• Administrator

Definitely worth trying indeed. Since I like the cleaner/scalable results, I tried to supply vectorial outputs to my clients many times, although I use the "needed tool" principle.

Cleaner and scalable is the reason I'm using it. ATM I'm trying to draw a thick straight line and I'm trying to figure out how to do it. I have got the idea. But still.

Lemme know if you need help. I never worked in Inkscape, but I suppose it's just like Corel Draw/Illustrator/FreeHand (try to save in AI format, or EPS, or SVG, in this order :P ). If you have some space on HDD, it could really mean a lot for your style if you install CS5(.5). Many would say it's bloated and all kind of hate talk, but I worked with all Creative Suites and they are completely irreplaceable.

Yeah I thought you have CS5 DK? Ai does Vector.. ( really clean results too ) .. I would work more with it but my system.. is well.. EVERYBODY knows already..LOL... I wish I had HD capabilities.. :P

CS5 even allows collaboration on projects on a (almost) live level (or something...). It would be fun to have site-based graphic projects :P I think it would be necessary for everybody to have CS5/CS Live account. I'm too tired to look into this now, I know such features exists in some of the apps, and I always kept them hidden from my clients, since I never wanted people to see how lazy a designer I really was :ph34r:

• Administrator

Got what I wanted to do. Used a tool that draws points. Drew a rather rectangle (like a thick line) and filled it with color. Got a thick line. :D

Will do the rest tomorrow. :)

I only have Photoshop, disk space is no problem, but how much will I use those tools is something that I've considered and decided not to download whole suite.

There are a few "lesser" suites: Production, Web and Design CS, not only the Master Suite. However, having the Master is really nice. It took me a while, but now I used all the major apps in it and the whole thing is just designed to be well... a suite :) Communication between apps is helpful ;)

Got what I wanted to do. Used a tool that draws points. Drew a rather rectangle (like a thick line) and filled it with color. Got a thick line. :D

Will do the rest tomorrow. :)

I only have Photoshop, disk space is no problem, but how much will I use those tools is something that I've considered and decided not to download whole suite.

Same reason I haven't upgraded to 5.5 yet I have to buy DVD's.. I need to go buy a spindle.. I have waited long enough to need one..LOL

BTW - you can install all of that stuff separately.. if need be..

• Administrator

Downloading Illustrator now. Inkskape is like a turtle when zoomed and is always sticking to the grid. Felt very annoying. I wonder if Ai's ui would be similar to PS. :think:

Yes and no for the UI. Illustrator has a pretty limited zoom itself. Corel Draw does the zoom thing better. Snap to grid/objects/etc. can be modified in Preferences usually.

PS: You can do the vector thing nicely and then animate if you want in Adobe Flash.

PPS: Illustrator, top-right corner, where it should say "ESSENTIALS", click, select "Like Photoshop" (UI). Not recommended, why? You mess in Illustrator because of vector capabilities, not because raster. PS UI-->good for PS, AI UI-->good for AI.

Toyo is right.. the UI is exactly the same but different :P I think I need to get some experience in this are when I get the time.. I wanted to write Flash now for years... but there is just SO MUCH to do.. and so many tools to try to teach yourself to do them without any introduction to it is crazy.. PHP, JavaScript.. Flash... HTML.. CSS... blah blah blah... and then graphic talent... and a pen/tablet is but the best way to get to creative genius.. ( with the right tools ) LOL

I have played with some Vector based graphics in the past.. very nice ... but really thought that mounting some projects was just overkill.. but very.. professional..

• 3 weeks later...

Okay these are up for feedback...

This is part of the graduated adaption of the first square web button I did a long time ago.. ( found in the Share Section of nsanedown.. ) Next is the first attachment which looks similar with some changes.. Done about 6 months ago or maybe even longer than that - not to be considered only for example... Now I have evolved that into the current style I have been using with some changes... and would like to get some input on what is well liked and what is not.. All of the colors will be available in the usual color palette.. these are just done as examples ONLY... I show a few layout changes..the Green/Black version shows most all options I have created with this design on .. Then I flip to show a white example and slightly shifted color palette... After this will follow up with some more things like a customer user bar.. and small buttons as well.. to finish it all off...

I would like to know what aspects you dislike...like w/e.. :thumbsup:

• Logo
  • Slogan
  • Go
  • Plus
  • Ghosted Plus
  • CommBullets
  • Background
  • General Layout.... anything else..

EDIT: Edited to remove extra attachments..

Archived