Post them desktops!

Guest Gir489

Unlike what those n00bs are commenting at the Windows 8 threads (without even having used it over some period of time,) this new OS is nothing but a Windows 7 under the hood with a lot of trash removed (crap, which we were anyways writing long, boring tutorials, on how to disable - but, not to remove.)

Now, you need to change the system file and the missing function is back (the only challenge is that this kernel is much more robust with extra security built all around it) - have been beta-testing the translucency that my Developer friend is introducing. But, honestly - I'm not sure I want it back, anymore (looks actually ugly on these darker themes - have experienced this first hand.)

• Administrator

Thanks. :)

Quite a lot of coding there. Would be more happy if some utility added it to their list of abilities. :)

@Rocketman: Everyone is entitled to their opinions. We see many members still using and supporting XP. No I'm not comparing Windows 7 to XP, as Windows 7 is, and will remain the most solid OS out there. But, looking at Windows 8's negativity, you will see more Windows 8 haters than Mac OS haters. So a better thing would to ignore them cause convincing them or fighting them is not going to help anyone. On the other hand, if you do something for Windows 8 and share it openly, it's only going to help the lovers.

Personally, I'm not fond of dark themes. ;)

@Rocketman: Everyone is entitled to their opinions. We see many members still using and supporting XP. No I'm not comparing Windows 7 to XP, as Windows 7 is, and will remain the most solid OS out there. But, looking at Windows 8's negativity, you will see more Windows 8 haters than Mac OS haters. So a better thing would to ignore them cause convincing them or fighting them is not going to help anyone. On the other hand, if you do something for Windows 8 and share it openly, it's only going to help the lovers.

I never have an issue with difference of opinion as long as one qualifies it with solid substantiation - here, we read remarks from those who have not even used the freakin' OS for a decent period of time. :huh:

• Administrator

I never have an issue with difference of opinion as long as one qualifies it with solid substantiation - here, we read remarks from those who have not even used the freakin' OS for a decent period of time. :huh:

Nothing out of the ordinary. How many critics do you see out there who haven't fully tried the current version of software and still bash it fully? A lot. Nothing to be frustrated or angry about. Specially don't let users' opinion prevent you from doing the good deed.

Specially don't let users' opinion prevent you from doing the good deed.

Right, you've got a point, there - can you delete this account of mine?

• Administrator

can you delete this account of mine?

Why? :unsure:

I wish to return as dcs18 - my account though is screwed up. :)

PM shought or Lite. We'll see what we can do. ;)

can you delete this account of mine?

Why? :unsure:

I wish to return as dcs18 - my account though is screwed up. :)

Yeah cool, shall be back after a siesta - have been humping away at Windows 8 (fagged out and suffering from a brain fart.) :P

• Administrator

Yeah cool, shall be back after a siesta - have been humping away at Windows 8 (fagged out and suffering from a brain fart.) :P

:lol:

Does Microsoft know you are humping it's product and posting it's pics here? :P

:lol:

Does Microsoft know you are humping it's product and posting it's pics here? :P

If M$ ever get to know this they will recruit him as their employee.. B)

Done. ;)

If M$ ever get to know this they will recruit him as their employee.. B)

LOL, the credit goes entirely to GRIM :)

(shall open a new thread that will really honor him.)

This is quite old screenshot, and actually I don't even have this computer anymore ;)

Posted Image

can you tell me about the theme?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...