Post them desktops!

Guest Gir489

In my country, many girls really look like this (on the street etc.)... no joking, and no exaggeration. And there are LOTS of them.

They're also readily available if you have the fat wallet, nice sports car and beautiful villa. No need to be good looking, although it helps, of course.

^^ what he said! :yes:

• 1 month later...

Okay so I don't post Capture of hot girls.. but I have this anyway.. I could do something else.. but it may be too much... :P ( IMO its never enough.. ) This is with Fx7 at 50% Transparent ( CFi Shell Toys ) Smaller one without..

Edited by HX1

Please do not upload to Imageshacks.us, this will not work in the forum here. Post instead to Photobucket.com!

If your referring to me.. I use the forums for large images to take advantage of the lightbox feature.. :w00t: ..resize it to 800 x 500 and then post the attachment inside the post.. instead of just leaving it as an attachment...its optimal for page load... and if I host offsite I always use a photobucket account.. Strike two.. :thumbsup:

On the imageshack note.. it turned to crap somewhere around 2002/3 TRIED.. yes ATTEMPTED to use it once.. back then.. complete EPIC FAIL There are a couple of others as well that make sure that this placeholder is filled.

Edited by HX1

If your referring to me.. I use the forums for large images to take advantage of the lightbox feature.. :w00t: ..resize it to 800 x 500 and then post the attachment inside the post.. instead of just leaving it as an attachment...its optimal for page load... and if I host offsite I always use a photobucket account.. Strike two.. :thumbsup:

On the imageshack note.. it turned to crap somewhere around 2002/3 TRIED.. yes ATTEMPTED to use it once.. back then.. complete EPIC FAIL There are a couple of others as well that make sure that this placeholder is filled.

Thanks for the info. No, i am not referring to you. I meant to use photobucket.com instead of imageshacks.us in general.

Some people still use this: this would not work here on nsane. I was already "teached" about this.

Hmm. Lightbox feature? How to use it?

My current desktop:

Posted Image

...Hmm. Lightbox feature? How to use it?

Really simple.. it is a part of the code here at the forums and on several others.. You can upload an attachment or image.. using the Full Editor instead of 'Quick Reply' when posting. The site then resizes the thumbnail down to specific dimensions.. small like my two above.. Then when you click on them, your screen will get the black overlay and you will see the image come up full size or resized to fit the viewable area on your screen.. You can use your left and right arrows to shift between images if there are more than one..

To get the attachment out of the blue 'Attachments:' area.. you simply use the 'Post' button next to 'Delete' for the attachment and the LightBox Thumbnail image for the attachment will be added where your cursor is at in the post... Then you can add centering tags and so on.. :thumbsup: Should try it out.. :)

Edited by HX1

• Administrator

I think there's 10MB or something limit of total attachments allowed though.

Yeah.. I looked up earlier and noticed I had used 6MB.. :P Time for some housekeeping.. got it down to about 4 MB.. Some more I could remove but with some it would make the content.. well.. take away from the content and a few others absolutely require it.. I really couldn't believe it.. I think I may be able to optimize a few .. MAYBE. dunno yet.. Sometimes I know about maintenance and all but I seem to make some mistakes as they add up over time.. and cause myself alot more work than I really need.. :)

As you view the next couple of posts, please remember this....

the image you are viewing is in MOTION.

This is a snapshot of my active desktop with winamp and visualization

playing in the background.

The desktop itself is still useable while this vis is on. :)

I had to use photobucket due to file size.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I want the AVS file of the fist one.. wanna see it.. I have this collection of sorts that is in need of some maintenance and categorization... BUT I will add this one if I don't already have it and like it.. don't recognize it right off..

You can always add the Nsane.Avs too..

I may not have understood that request...

What you are viewing is a winamp plugin, not an avs file.

There are some 359 different presets which execute randomly

as certain bass or treble or mid-range freqs go thru the system.

As far as I know, there is not a stand alone version, at least not a developed one.

The file is called Milkdrop, however, the version I have I am no longer able to locate.

I have version 2.0d and the latest remaining version I can find is 1.04. Leads me to

believe its' further development has been scrubbed. Unfortunately, I do not have its' set up file.

But it is one of the best visual displays I have ever seen.

I may not have understood that request...

What you are viewing is a winamp plugin, not an avs file.

There are some 359 different presets which execute randomly....

As far as I know, there is not a stand alone version, at least not a developed one.

The file is called Milkdrop, ...

I have version 2.0d and the latest remaining version ...

Well.. the files in which make up the displays you are looking at while running the Advanced Visualization Studio Plugin are in fact called AVS Files.. each one of the files are comprised of code and equations. These equations dictate how the visualizations responds look and reacts.. so not randomly but by design.. I mean when yo create a basic scope it even will respond in a certain way depending on the APE file and several others as well as be shaped differently because of the written code.. The code of each one of these files can be accessed by opening the AVS Editor.. right-clicking the visual display.. This will show the file structure, code, and resources necessary for each one and allow for modifications.. or even understanding the code which is written...

Try 2005.. downloading and installing over 2000 presets to create and categorize a library as well as modding certain ones to render the desired results per design spec for myself.. Still an ongoing thing with me.. just haven't had time lately.. Some Windows 7 users will not be able to properly view the presets because of an old codec as well.. as some use AVI files which are resources for the AVS... So they have to find and install the Ligos codec for them (5.1 in fact ).. I actually should have realized it was Milkdrop because of the way it was drawn.. but the possibility was still there.. Though it looks simple... It could have had some good effects in one of my categories..

I really don't use Milkdrop.. and 2.81d of the Advanced Visualization Studio is not the best version out there. I would actually suggest that you go to the forums and look for the 2.81 b Mod that was written by some of the AVSer's there.. it runs much smoother with less crashes.. and will still process older AVS files..

SO.. if you were going to do that or install the one I have in the second post of nsane.graphics.. uhh hmm... LOL.. Then you woud open up the Program FIles directory for Winamp, Then go to Plugins, then avs.. You will find a number of different filetypes, BMP's, AVS, APE, SUP.. on and on.. also folders.. If its a resources then it must be in the main folder.. all other files can be placed in the folder of choice or even categorized.. Most packs do their own thing on install.. but you get the picture...

Anyway.. nevermind.. :)

Edited by HX1

You should patch it.. giving me flashbacks... of being infected... WAY back ... LOL.. last time I ever saw XP look that way... :lmao: ANYWAY then you can find some Styles to mod it with around.. pretty easy .. and a Desktop Background.. Blissss.... LOL.. I can't seem to forget that one either..

.....while running the Advanced Visualization Studio Plugin.........

I do not use this plugin...it never worked and kept freezing my system. And yes,

It happened with ALL versions.

Milkdrop is the only vis plugin that has ever run correctly with out any hassles.

And even when I screw up the settings, it still comes back. So, I will just stick

with what works. I am glad that it works for you.

I DID try your AVS file(s)...the first 2 seconds looked cool...after that my system froze.

So for me, AVS kinda sucks.

Again, the images are being controlled and rendered by Milkdrop. If I knew

which of the 365 presets rendered the first screen shot, I would send it to you.

Unfortunately, and I guess you could call this a limitation, there is no way for me to know,

unless I test each one separately and then find which combinations went to creating that morphed

image.

:)

I DID try your AVS file(s)...the first 2 seconds looked cool...after that my system froze.

So for me, AVS kinda sucks.

Again, the images are being controlled and rendered by Milkdrop....

If it is Milkdrop, then it probably one of the defaults so no big deal But on the AVS freezing up everything.. could be a couple of things..

This could be because of the settings in the window for it and/or your video card.. It will use quite a bit of the system resources... Winamp is like this in several areas, including skins rendering.. Alpha rendering for example and several other options will increase the CPU usage by like about 60%. On top of that you have the codecs at work...

Display, Fullscreen, and Beat Detection would probably be the areas to address... The first thing I would do is go for Pixel Doubling... This could help with overloading.. then use a smaller screen size that your own but something that is proportionate...could help... AVS to me is that better one... more variety and just better all around.. I think if I had a better system it would probably be a little easier on it... But yeah each system is different and you have to find settings that work best.. Odd though I find that my system will freeze for a little while when I close Winamp.. You could also look into minimizing your plugins and removing options you don't need from it.. by getting rid of the files or uninstalling them.. Better to remove the files ultimately in the end because they may still load up when you start the program but be disabled.. I always make sure I turn off the AVS before closing Winamp or doing multiple tasks..

The reason it would seem to be abandoned is that it almost is and there isn't much that can be done as to the dev or improvement of AVS due to what it is based on... been sort of a problem for years.. BUT the guys there hve made a few improvements over the years to it still..

My XP Pro is one of the MOST stable OS shells I have ever had.

Of course it took awhile and MANY patches to get it that way, so as I have said before,

when 7 has enough time in to have most all the important stuff patched then I might check it out.

But since Microsoft does not pay me to debug software, win XP will be the last OS that I

will test for them. ^_^