Forums Upgraded

Lite

This is just a point of curiosity... but I was wondering if we will be getting the 3.2.0 IPB Forums upgrade... and when that it may be happening... IF it's happening..

• Replies 113
  • Views 22.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well this is a big deal in 3.2.0 because there are several things that would be changing.. and themes would be one of them.. including being ale to change the colors of the default skins I believe.. For example if I want o change IPB Blue to IPB Black I could .. ( except some areas may still need inverting /access but you get the picture for most normal switches... )

• Administrator

Normally, we don't upgrade rightaway when a major new version is available. But don't worry, it will happen. ;)

Yeah... I sort of agree... I refreshed mine a bit.. if you notice in screenshots including the forum.. my clean theme is a little different.. :P They do have some great new skins and features going though.. picky in the ones I like right now though.. I would have to wear one in a dev server before I ever finalized it for myself.. I used to love one called Cethin.. but never installed IPB to use it.. started to drift way from script and databases about that time.. Not like I needed it really anyway.. only for knowledge purposes..

We'll not be updating for another few weeks ;)

(As in any time after that we could be upgrading :P)

IPB 3.2 has some more cons than pros imo. The last forum I ran used 3.2.1 & aesthetic wise it's sexy but some of the features that made 3.1 great are non existent. Say for instance the online now icon only shows up if you hover over a user's name (which sucks), Dynamic avatars are no longer allowed (though I don't think you guys use that here anyway). Topic descriptions were gone for a little while, I think they're back now.

I dunno, it just seems like IPS got lazy with the queries & instead of creating a more efficient way of running them they just tried to remove them completely.

I'm not happy with IPS due to this, but it is what it is -_-

Oh & +1 for more themes. Not that the current one is ugly, but it's been the same for over a year almost 2 years. Switch it up a bit ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

Finally an upgrade. About time an awesome site like this one would have an appropriate forum for all the members to get in touch with each other as well as help each other out.

Love nsanedown!

Archived