Forums Upgraded

Lite

• Replies 113
  • Views 22.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Its the reputation system. You vote on how good you think the post is. Each user is limited to giving 3 reputation votes in a 24 hour period.

• Administrator

What about 'Goto first unread post' in topics? It's missing. Can we get it back, since it's really useful?

Cheers ;)

Its still there. The Little read arrow next to the topic title it is ;)

So it's like the "thanks" or something? What does 'Goto first unread post' do? (since I haven't actually used it) And the forum's icon isn't the same with the front page's. (The icon you would see on your browser title, i think. I see it on the tabs on chrome.)

@manbotdbot:

The Goto first unread post is like a bookmark, it takes you to where you left off.

In cases where you haven't visited / read the thread, it will take you to the first page.

That one is easy.. in fact I could do it now.. LOL.. really though it doesn't look that bad and that version may want to be kept in case we get a darker skin..I don't think Lite did such a bad job on .. or whoever anyway..

Sorry to double post but thought I would offer this.. just slightly different..

I probably should have backed off the color overlay slightly.. and brightened up the NF circle.. but there is one..

EDIT: Changed the image outerglow and did Auto Contrast on Circle..and the Full Editor will not work with me to change it out.. so I embed..

ba.png

What about 'Goto first unread post' in topics? It's missing. Can we get it back, since it's really useful?

Cheers ;)

Its still there. The Little read arrow next to the topic title it is ;)

Well, I can't see it. Could you please post a screen shot? Thanks.

Cheers ;)

Okay it's Orange..

EDIT: I'm sad .. nobody said anything bout my logo..and it seems that this will be for posts that have not been read, and in forum view.. not like in the list for unread posts..because that would probably be stupid being that everything else has been read already. Once it has been read and you click on the thread.. It should open to the first post anyways..

No... shought said something about the logo needed fixing.. so I made one that is just slightly different and it looks better on the dark blue than it does on the white..( but still good I think..) The attachment was the first attempt.. the First one which is just put into the post is the one I think is closer to what I was going for.. BUT it was just for w/e to help or .. polish it a little I don't know.. and I don't know how this would look with the Front page for the guests.. cause there are different skins.. I started to do the gray like it was but I think it brings out more of a balance in the colors in the forum skin..( I won't really know how it looks though unless it goes up.. The shadow that shows up so bad on whit will only barely be there.. I think and to add a little depth.. or dimension..

Sorry to double post but thought I would offer this.. just slightly different..

I probably should have backed off the color overlay slightly.. and brightened up the NF circle.. but there is one..

EDIT: Changed the image outerglow and did Auto Contrast on Circle..and the Full Editor will not work with me to change it out.. so I embed..

1_logo.png

i like the first one with no background :D

The logo should be fixed indeed ;)

Just to checkyou weren't using Opera10 with TurboCharge enabled were you ..?

@K'dude - Thank You!.. Much Appreciated..

EDIT: Wait are you talking about my signature or the logo png.. I posted in the thread..

@heath

i was talkin bout the png one at post #58,the one with the white background.But i c u have tweaked ur signature al little ,cool grey shade strokes,really going with black,looks ossum :thumbsup: .

Hey and know nsane forums use ur design as the boards logo...many congrats on that too,forget every time to mention..u came u conqured :D

No.. hold off on congrats until someone decides that ...LOL This was just a .. thing I did to help out a little.. and I didn't make the one they are using right now.. so just to make sure that was clear..LOL .. I don't have the original resources used to make it..

I COULD NEVER TAKE CREDIT FOR SOMETHING I DID NOT DO..4REAL ( Caps for emphasis.. only )...LOL

If it is used for a little or they decide to then great its free.. no strings attached.. no biggie...:thumbsup:

No.. hold off on congrats until someone decides that ...LOL This was just a .. thing I did to help out a little.. and I didn't make the one they are using right now.. so just to make sure that was clear..LOL .. I don't have the original resources used to make it..

I COULD NEVER TAKE CREDIT FOR SOMETHING I DID NOT DO..4REAL ( Caps for emphasis.. only )...LOL

If it is used for a little or they decide to then great its free.. no strings attached.. no biggie...:thumbsup:

still keep up the gud and active work mate :)

Okay it's Orange..

EDIT: I'm sad .. nobody said anything bout my logo..and it seems that this will be for posts that have not been read, and in forum view.. not like in the list for unread posts..because that would probably be stupid being that everything else has been read already. Once it has been read and you click on the thread.. It should open to the first post anyways..

Thanks, I can see it now.

@Lite

I found the problem. I can see the arrow when I browse any of forum subsection, but when I press "View New Content" arrow is not there, and it existed before Forum Upgrade. Can anything be done here, Lite?

Cheers ;)

I am getting a little perturbed at the Full Editor .. The button is there but doesn't work.. It will not work when editing a post. I just spent 30 minutes posting an update for IE7Pro because the editor would not switch over.. it has been that way since the upgrade.. I can't edit anything but the few things allowed. No attachment editing.. ( I have to go to my profile to manage the attachments to get rid of it ) and then I have host an image elsewhere and come back, to insert it..

• Administrator

Yea same problem here. Full editor doesn't work. Well I noted it before. But it still remains the probelm.

Yea same problem here. Full editor doesn't work. Well I noted it before. But it still remains the probelm.

Well the only way I was able to chase down mis-coded errors was to go to my profile setting and turn off the RTFE...Now I can see code..BUT when I edit I still get the problem..

• Administrator

I found the problem. I can see the arrow when I browse any of forum subsection, but when I press "View New Content" arrow is not there, and it existed before Forum Upgrade. Can anything be done here, Lite?

Cheers ;)

The "View New Content" section automatically takes you to the last unread post.

I am getting a little perturbed at the Full Editor .. The button is there but doesn't work.. It will not work when editing a post. I just spent 30 minutes posting an update for IE7Pro because the editor would not switch over.. it has been that way since the upgrade.. I can't edit anything but the few things allowed. No attachment editing.. ( I have to go to my profile to manage the attachments to get rid of it ) and then I have host an image elsewhere and come back, to insert it..

Works fine here :unsure: . What web browser are you using?

Your logo looks fine, but i prefer the one we are using ;)

• Administrator

When I make a post and want to edit it, I cannot edit it in full editor. I mean if I click on the full editor button it doesn't work.

Usin FF latest stable.

Archived