Forums Upgraded

Lite

One quick question: If I vote a post up is it the same as thanking someone? Or is it like a rep system (which I doubt). Just wondering. I haven't seen anything to the vote effect on another forum...

The vote is for reputation if I'm not mistaken, not for thanks. If you check user profiles now you will see there is a new field called reputation. Unless I just never noticed it on the old forum :hehe:

• Replies 113
  • Views 22.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The vote is for reputation if I'm not mistaken, not for thanks. If you check user profiles now you will see there is a new field called reputation. Unless I just never noticed it on the old forum :hehe:

Ah ok, so should I give you rep for giving me an answer? :P

I remember someone saying in my thank you button thread that a rep system wouldn't work here. Guess they decided things were to the contrary...

its cool but gonna have to get used to it...

one req though..PLEASE get sum darker skins...i always dug how the old one was..never bothered my eyes late at night.. ;)

cheers

:)

one req though..PLEASE get sum darker skins...i always dug how the old one was..never bothered my eyes late at night.. ;)

I (the Night Owl ;) ) also find this new skin quite bright for reading late at night, uh very very early in the morning.

Otherwise, I like what I have seen so far.

I like the new look. Oh yeah, a darker skin would be great.

Yes Sir Very Nice

for myself , i was having problem with the Quotes , i couldnt quote at all

now it better and it's working

Great Improvements

ThanQ for making this betta

cheers

:)

Yep! +!! missing Blue solution bad!

I remember someone saying in my thank you button thread that a rep system wouldn't work here. Guess they decided things were to the contrary...

No it really would not have worked before, IPB v2.0 did not have this feature natively and to implement it at a large scale by a duct tape mod could break the entire forum. The same issue for the thanks button. You can check some of the main new features of IPB v3.0 over here.

Sadly IPB v3.0 still has no native "thank you" features and I would have liked to see that feature so hopefully there will be a reliable and secure mod to add a thanks button for this version. What happens too is when you add a thanks button you have to manually make the button match the style of all the themes you have installed, else if a user switches themes the thanks button would look out of place, :lol:. I setup a forum once and added a thanks button but I ended up locking the forum to 1 theme because I said screw it, I wasn't going to change the colour/style of those buttons with my lousy photoshop skills. ;) It's alot of work I think so I don't know if Lite will consider it in future...

No it really would not have worked before, IPB v2.0 did not have this feature natively and to implement it at a large scale by a duct tape mod could break the entire forum. The same issue for the thanks button. You can check some of the main new features of IPB v3.0 over here.

Sadly IPB v3.0 still has no native "thank you" features and I would have liked to see that feature so hopefully there will be a reliable and secure mod to add a thanks button for this version. What happens too is when you add a thanks button you have to manually make the button match the style of all the themes you have installed, else if a user switches themes the thanks button would look out of place, lol. I setup a forum once and added a thanks button but I ended up locking the forum to 1 theme because I said screw it, I wasn't going to change the colour/style of those buttons with my lousy photoshop skills. ;) It's alot of work I think so I don't know if Lite will consider it in future...

OMFG we've been on about it in so many ways and times

I'd put my 2 cents as for one, but don't find it to be necessary- simply as the forum is getting older members do recognize who is contributing/helping out more , who less, but at the end of a day most of nSane'rs are great contributors/very valued members already! (even occasional visitors are most welcome)- I'd say its not worth a sweat to get board swamping with features any more- it is effective as it is!

Sadly IPB v3.0 still has no native "thank you" features and I would have liked to see that feature so hopefully there will be a reliable and secure mod to add a thanks button for this version. What happens too is when you add a thanks button you have to manually make the button match the style of all the themes you have installed, else if a user switches themes the thanks button would look out of place, lol. I setup a forum once and added a thanks button but I ended up locking the forum to 1 theme because I said screw it, I wasn't going to change the colour/style of those buttons with my lousy photoshop skills. ;) It's alot of work I think so I don't know if Lite will consider it in future...

OMFG we've been on about it in so many ways and times

I'd put my 2 cents as for one, but don't find it to be necessary- simply as the forum is getting older members do recognize who is contributing/helping out more , who less, but at the end of a day most of nSane'rs are great contributors/very valued members already! (even occasional visitors are most welcome)- I'd say its not worth a sweat to get board swamping with features any more- it is effective as it is!

Okay yeah big huge quote..

I think this feature is a part of the forum by default, while we go on about it. So there really is not point to bring it up as a point to disagree its just going to be there.

Besides I like features..

The reputation system has been enabled, each member has the ability to make 3 positive or negative votes in a 24 hour period. If this is abused, it maybe disabled again. ;)

forums are looking nice. its always exciting to see new things on the nsane forums/project. great work

• Administrator

Leetpirate mentioned English (UK) version. But I cannot see it.

• Administrator

Yea that is what I thought. Well if there is any more change between US and UK language on nsaneforums. Even I recommend it.

Yea that is what I thought. Well if there is any more change between US and UK language on nsaneforums. Even I recommend it.

I'm sure there's a translation somewhere, but there's not too much of a difference in language :P

Nah joos da bludy chang'o .. wuat mour wood you want.. mary.. jeez... :lmao:

We could even include the South African British English translations too.. LOL

• Administrator

Well in India, basically the English spoken here is a sort of evolved British English that is not very related( the evolved British English) to US English. So........

Archived