Forums Upgraded

Lite

• Replies 113
  • Views 22.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just tried in everything I had with these results..

FireFox 3.5.3 - When I hit the button Error Console gives this line as the reason, and tags it as an error..

Error: $("post_edit_reason") is null

Source file: http://www.nsaneforums.com/public/min/index.php?charset=ISO-8859-1&f=public/js/ipb.js,public/js/ips.quickpm.js,public/js/ips.editor.js,public/js/ips.topic.js,public/js/ips.rating.js,cache/lang_cache/1/ipb.lang.js

Line: 1105

reason.value=$('post_edit_reason').value;form.insert(md5check).insert(textarea).insert(reason).hide();$$('body')[0].insert(form);form.submit();},ajaxEditSave:function(e)

Internet Explorer 8 - When the page loaded, it loaded with errors. Stated that the problem was shown in Line 1105, Char 1. Also I noticed that the drop down box for HTML showed up, would not drop down, and was empty..( this was specific to IE )

Chrome 3 Stable - Full Editor did not work, did not bother to look at the error..

Safari 4 - Also did not work, did not bother using the Developer bar here either..

Opera 10 - Also did not work..

I also did not check the pages in W3C Validator to see if there were any other rendered errors..

Yeah thats what I was kind of thinking that maybe the edit reason was either readable or used with admin but is not with regular members therefore rendering the error which causes the Full Editor issue.. I also noticed when validating the page.. and I don't know if this is even something that can be fixed.. but the pages meta-tagged as XHTML Strict, and there are several tags that are being used ( HTML base <div="center> ..<ul> .. several of these ) that are shown by W3C as invalid for Strict but valid for Transitional .. this can have an effect of efficient loading of the page by several browsers.. This sometimes can have other ill effects on proper page functionality.

• Administrator

I have been facin this <div="center> ..<ul> or similar issue when I try to make a thread with Big heading in the center.

• Administrator

Now these are some problems I have been facin after the upgrade -

1) When clickin on the download link or similar links, the link opens in the same page, before the upgrade it didn't happen like that. I have config FF to open links in new tabs but still it's the same.

2) I have selected an animated .gif file for my avatar. But animation doesn't work. I have seen other avatars to work animated.

3) When I select and copy/paste any font from anywhere else to here, I cannot re-size/change the font or make it italic or bold etc.

These are some really small problems that are annoyin me from sometime. There are more but I cannot remember it now. ;)

You must use BBCode for this.. it will work. I did notice that in most cases conversion from BBCode to HTML was successful however conversion from HTML to BBCode was not.

For now I would suggest using BBCode until this is worked out. This could also be a side effect of the issue. I didn't look into the source code for the exact point of reference for the problem of the tag formatting, BUT this could be coming fro the format of the code used in our Avatar/Id section on the left..of each post, and could possible be coming from code used in the older version of the forum. It just depends.. Changing these things my not be as easy as it may seem either.. and like Lee stated above this could be caused by an issue in IPB.. If so addressing the issue may have to come from the creators/authors of the code/forum itself. I'm not for sure of the settings or access to the base files/code/templates from which the site is created. I mean if there is an option to change over to Transitional then it would be easy.. if its something in the conversion going wrong it could be a module, or addon, which can be waiting to be upgraded..or a patch issued..

Point is .. LOL .. This could take some time to work out..even going through the proper channels with IPB, or sitting down altering the files. ( Who knows we may even have to go through another re-upgrade..) :dunno: Speculative at best.. from what I know.

• Administrator

I've had a look through the IPB bug tracker. The "Use Full Editor" bug is a known issue.

@DKT, the "new window" problem should be fixed now. The .gif problem is probably related to your avatar being too large and being scaled. I don't know what you mean by 3.

I think on three he is talking about when you copy and paste from another site, and the text is formatted.. You can copy the text, code, header tags and CSS references as well, so when you paste it looks just like it did on the page you copied it from..( in FF3 for definite I have this feature..not all browsers are capable.. most just copy the text.. ) So you have to select it and strip formatting.. then reformat the text, or the Editor will save it either missing the HTML code...or showing it...the conversion thing I was talking about..even missing the line breaks.. and the code thats copied doesn't necessarily apply due to different resource files and CSS anyway..but he just hasn't figured out to strip it of formatting yet.. then remove any straggling tags..

I think.. :blink:

• Administrator

@Lite: What can you say about this <div="center> ..<ul> sort of issue. Hope heath has made you understand my 3 problem. Like this -

Lite

In the about Lite word, I have copied your name from the side panel and paste it here. I have removed formattin in it, now what ever I do I cannot change the font or resize the word Lite.

bearoninternet

@Lite: What can you say about this <div="center> ..<ul> sort of issue. Hope heath has made you understand my 3 problem. Like this -

Lite

In the about Lite word, I have copied your name from the side panel and paste it here. I have removed formattin in it, now what ever I do I cannot change the font or resize the word Lite.

Save text first in notepad, close & reopen file, copy paste.

That usually works for me.

• Administrator

Well guess that's the only thin left. ANW thanx for the tip. I will use it. ;)

I have a question.. do we have a lightbox feature that can be enabled with the code use when posting images.. I loaded AdBlock plus just looking to see what files where being used from Google.. and I found the lightbox.js file...I wasn't for sure if that being used for the Editor or something else or if it was available..

It would make a great feature for tutorials, program screenshot and so on.. Thats is if the thumbnails will post next to one another.. Anyway just wondering.. I would like to use it to reference larger images of a program screenshot from the images I post at the beginning of Software topics.. space saver technique.. blowup to a larger image which would be an image of the program itself .. would be cool..

Some JS files are loaded from Google for redundancy.

The "editor" issue should also be fixed now.

So I could block google api's to speed the load of the first page.. Like I did google analytics ( which proved to be an ENORMOUSLY good decision awhile back..even before the threat ). and the page would load fine? Cool..

Also .. you didn't say if we have a lightbox feature or not.. because I have all the codes and I know how to use it..LOL..( I just don't want to waste a post or thread testing it ( I hate littering up the site with needless-ness.. LOL )

• Administrator

The full editor works fine. You need to clear your cache.

The version of Lightbox used in IPB 3 doesn't support image re-sizing.

• Administrator

Yes. Without clearin the cache, it works great. :D

Looks alot better great work & The skin goes very nice with the new Invision power Board. I hope there is not to many bugs :P.

Like I did google analytics ( which proved to be an ENORMOUSLY good decision a while back..)

Tell me more? :rolleyes:

@Lite - Thank You for the reply..! :)

@shought - Well there was something, I will have to do some research to find the exact documentation..But sites were being injected with a line of code which added loading something from www.google-analytics.com.. this was being used to exploit cross-site scripting attacks..For a while leading up to this I would go to a site and it would just sit there.. waiting to load..waiting......then loads lightning fast.. like I had some sort of bottleneck or something... I was like !@#$ Google and your !@# !@#$ demographics...and I put this into my Ad Block Plus personal filter...pages loaded so fast I was just amazed.. the speed was back in my browsing experience like it used to be..another thing was that after looking into Google and the code you could use to track your site activity.. it didn't match..

So I am sitting here one day about 6 months-year later.. and I run across an article which was freshly produced... ( I think it might have been a blog..maybe.. I dunno ) and I find out about *gumblar.cn* ( which I was already protected from ) and *google-analytics*... and what had been going on for several years and quite widespread...

Anyway I was proud that I watch my Status Bar after that..and was quite surprised that I was ahead of the field on this one..For once..LOL

EDIT: I did a little more research into this.. Seems the most I found was about cross-site scripting attacks...and the problem actually goes back all the way to 2006-7 I believe and partly is a known vulnerability that Google knew ( knows ) about.. I don't know the current status of the problem..but its still in my personal filter..

NOW.. The API's that are loaded here are different, so I want to make sure everyone knows I am not currently blocking anything from this site or the API's.. in fact it may actually cause an issue.. but I don't know until I play..LOL

hey guys,

i just noticed,theres no more Full Edit option available,how am i supposed to change the topic title and description....

Thanks

hey guys,

i just noticed,theres no more Full Edit option available,how am i supposed to change the topic title and description....

Thanks

It is still there, just a more roundabout method to get it now. Click edit, then click "use full editor".

Archived