Forum Upgrade Bugs

Lite

José Diogo Pereira
1 minute ago, Matt said:

Working fine here, so just try to close the app and open it again. I'm sure it will work.

Perfect! This awesome forum is back on my phone! Thank you a lot!

• Replies 658
  • Views 61.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Matt you've been working on server? I have started receiving mails from the forum again ? . Nice work you've been doing here.

WindowsAddict
20 hours ago, Kalju said:

There's no reason. Epic must work in that way. That's the point what it must do, is it made only for safe surfing and not for usual surfing. It works absolutely correctly, as should work. It is not made for usual surfing!

not really, epic browser is a privacy focused browser with a goal of usual surfing. website fail is not suppose to happen. i've used epic enough and this is the first time i saw a site didnt load correctly. i've emailed the dev at epic, lets see what they reply.

• Administrator
6 hours ago, sanjoa said:

@Matt you've been working on server? I have started receiving mails from the forum again ? . Nice work you've been doing here.

Well not really last time was 6 days ago. Are you sure because no one but you mentioned this.

• Administrator
10 hours ago, sanjoa said:

Please keep us updated on this.

11 hours ago, Matt said:

Well not really last time was 6 days ago. Are you sure because no one but you mentioned this.

7 hours ago, DKT27 said:

Please keep us updated on this.

I'm  using a Hotmail/Outlook account and I haven't received mails since a lot of time because of server side issues. Now I've started received them again from the threads I'm following.

• Administrator
Just now, sanjoa said:

I'm  using a Hotmail/Outlook account and I haven't received mails since a lot of time because of server side issues. Now I've started received them again from the threads I'm following.

Okay, then now everything is normal.

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Okay, then now everything is normal.

@Matt You're doing a nice job in the forums. Thank you so much for the time you spend here fixing server side and forums issues. ?

• Administrator

No need to thank me because I'm glad to see members are happy when they are using the forums.

• Administrator

I for one have absolutely no idea what exact changes fixed it. Both Lite and shought searched the reason behind it for months but could not do it. Even I went through all the forum settings and also different layers of email securities and still could not find it.

It's likely that the major server changes that were made fixed it. Still @sanjoa, please let us know from when you started getting them exactly, date and time, so we can look into the exact reason behind it.

• Administrator

@DKT27 it was web server issues and some old congratulations that I removed and configured them again. 

2 hours ago, DKT27 said:

I for one have absolutely no idea what exact changes fixed it. Both Lite and shought searched the reason behind it for months but could not do it. Even I went through all the forum settings and also different layers of email securities and still could not find it.

It's likely that the major server changes that were made fixed it. Still @sanjoa, please let us know from when you started getting them exactly, date and time, so we can look into the exact reason behind it.

Since Monday 9th July 13:39hs (UTC -3 Argentina) I'm receiving mails from the forums

WindowsAddict

Finally removed epic browser and replaced it with tor browser (tor network disabled). :)

WindowsAddict

@Matt smiley button hangs very much in loading due to lots of smileys.

i would suggest to make partitions in smiley button like basic, and extra or something so all the smileys don't load at once.

• Administrator
On 7/17/2018 at 2:54 AM, WindowsAddict said:

@Matt smiley button hangs very much in loading due to lots of smileys.

i would suggest to make partitions in smiley button like basic, and extra or something so all the smileys don't load at once.

Try it now and let me know what is the result please.

WindowsAddict
30 minutes ago, Matt said:

Try it now and let me know what is the result please.

thanks, it loads fast now, also the smileys you removed weren't attractive anyway. current set of smileys is perfect. :thumbsup:

On 6/26/2018 at 4:13 PM, dcs18 said:

Yes . . . . subsequently, it's opening for me, too — but, is it opening instantly, for you or is there a lag?

Just counted the Emojis — the total is a staggering 1,670 Emojis (and, most of them are in .png format):—

Reveal hidden contents

Actually, if ALL those emoticons which have been ripped-off Android are removed — the forum would look much better (those childish and flat ModernUI emoticons suck, big-time.) :lol:

TheEmpathicEar

I am getting a very sluggish response. Has this been noted already?

TheEmpathicEar
8 minutes ago, teodz1984 said:

Each each topic opened takes a few seconds to load...

It seems as if every time I click on something there is lag time?

EDIT: I just watched the "Saving..." while posting this for many seconds?

Delay all around. Even clicking after the like icon.  Doesn't show instantaneously.

Also can not see status' (except MISSYOU's).  Others 'bugs' are manageable. But it's okay; all takes time.  ?

Forums improved for sure , only bothering me is the fact ; opening forums veeeery sloooooow ...................

Some time ago this went much faster !

Maybe coz Im using Internet Explorer ....?

On the bright side, it makes it harder for spammers to junk up the site :) Since it takes a long time just to post an article, it makes the poster 'wait and think'...

Is it worth the time and effort to post such an article ... let alone multiple articles

TheEmpathicEar
9 minutes ago, Pete 12 said:

Forums improved for sure , only bothering me is the fact ; opening forums veeeery sloooooow ...................

Some time ago this went much faster !

Maybe coz Im using Internet Explorer ....?

Read back a few posts. It's happening for everyone.

Archived