Forum Upgrade Bugs

Lite

I was writing a long post today and when i pressed enter to goto next line then it deleted my previous 2 or 3 lines, undo didn't work.

this has happened to me many times previously. please look into this.

also what is happening with the sharecode copy pasting?

the simple lines (no ascii) copy paste is leading to errors, i guess its the forums bug.

thanks.

• Replies 658
  • Views 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two things, don't know the cause. Could be one of my browser extensions, but I feel they are worth mentioning:

1. Sometimes when I press CTRL+SHIFT+V to paste without formatting, some sort of popup blocks my view of the entire page. It's not a window, it appears to be an overlay but I can't remove it. Refreshing the page does not always retain the text I had input in the message field.

2. When attempting to edit a post, even when opened in a new tab/window, the Submit button is missing.

Using Slimjet 20.0.0.0 (based on Chromium 68.0.3440.75) (Official Build) (64-bit)

• Administrator
22 hours ago, jcvo said:

someone else has this problem in mozilla firefox 62 is blocking the comments does not appear the window to comment stays that way but the google chrome if something odd is happening with the latest version of firefox

No such problem here in Firefox. Try clearing your cache.

17 hours ago, ShiningDog said:

I was writing a long post today and when i pressed enter to goto next line then it deleted my previous 2 or 3 lines, undo didn't work.

this has happened to me many times previously. please look into this.

also what is happening with the sharecode copy pasting?

the simple lines (no ascii) copy paste is leading to errors, i guess its the forums bug.

thanks.

The editor sometimes does that, it's a little buggy for sure. Sometimes refreshing the page fixes it, sometimes selecting the text and clicking on the Remove Formatting button, next to the Emoji button fixes it. If both  things cannot fix it then one needs to copy paste the text elsewhere and post it again and then see if it works there.

Not sure if this is the right place to report this, but the Nsanedown RSS feed hasn't updated for about the last week. The site apart from that is updating fine, so it appears to be just about the feed. Thanks.

• Administrator
On 9/6/2018 at 12:21 PM, Rainmaker said:

Moving right along...

The forum is painfully slow for me, some threads open in 3-5 seconds, not intolerable, but when opening page 24 of this thread, it took 8 full seconds. I timed it.

I have a very fast FIOS connection running Win7 Pro, 64 bit. Matt has responded to a prior post I made about this, that a 5 second delay was intentional, Why would this be?

\\ R

Now all slowness issues we've had is gone. Enjoy the new speed.

46 minutes ago, Matt said:

Yes I noticed it immediately when log today. 

It is really fast.

From now on as they said "if it is not broke do not fix it"

Kudos to you @Matt.👍

On 8/23/2018 at 10:53 PM, dcs18 said:

I can personally replicate the issue 100% of the time — let me know if you want to see a screenshot of the bug.

Two members had already reported having that problem at this Status Update (also reproduced below) — Jime234 is seeing the message thrice only because he has reloaded the page while the post was in its usual freeze-down state (during posting):

EuSCBLv.png

This issue is now resolved, for me.

Yes, the forums are much faster now. A noticeable improvement.

\\ R

• Administrator
15 hours ago, Jime234 said:

Signature images gone ?

Your signature links are broken you will need to update them.

4 hours ago, Guest CULROVE SCIO said:

Hello, I cannot access forum from mobile phone, say me ERROR SSL Interference, what maybe the cause?

Thanks 

I can access it from mobile without any problems. What browser are you using?

• Administrator
4 hours ago, batcaveman said:

FWIW, for some reason nsanedown won't load if I have addthis.com blocked with noscript.  thanks.

I moved your post to where it spouse to be. Can you please be more specific?  

On 9/12/2018 at 2:00 AM, Matt said:

Your signature links are broken you will need to update them.

Well, I believe the recent forum upgrades did some changes in the signature section, I had to reshuffle the links and images,

and now the signature is back to normal.

• Administrator
Spoiler
5 hours ago, Jime234 said:

Well, I believe the recent forum upgrades did some changes in the signature section, I had to reshuffle the links and images,

I'm sure from what I told you. The forum didn't have any update since month a go, and the only reasons your signature was broken is because the links were changed. If it was an issue on the forum you wouldn't see you are the only one who reporting it.  

16 hours ago, Matt said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I'm sure from what I told you. The forum didn't have any update since month a go, and the only reasons your signature was broken is because the links were changed. If it was an issue on the forum you wouldn't see you are the only one who reporting it.  

But Sir, the links were the same ! 

I've seen some broken signature images other than my own in a  last few days,

waiting for them to notice it for themselves

• Administrator
On 9/13/2018 at 11:22 AM, Jime234 said:

Advertising signatures are not allowed though. You will need to remove / change it.

5 hours ago, DKT27 said:

Advertising signatures are not allowed though. You will need to remove / change it.

Our forum in our country have limitations, but your haven't these limits!

Our engine machine auto reject changes by user if he does not follow these rules.

I hope you can feedback what is good and what is not:

1. No more than 1 picture

2. Maximum picture size: 400x50

The engine machine does not accept (401x50) or (400x51)

3. No more than 1 link!

4. No more then 3 rows

What you think @DKT27 ? What is good from here and what is tendency?

• Administrator
44 minutes ago, BTJB said:

Our forum in our country have limitations, but your haven't these limits!

Our engine machine auto reject changes by user if he does not follow these rules.

I hope you can feedback what is good and what is not:

1. No more than 1 picture

2. Maximum picture size: 400x50

The engine machine does not accept (401x50) or (400x51)

3. No more than 1 link!

4. No more then 3 rows

What you think @DKT27 ? What is good from here and what is tendency?

Previously, we did not implement such rules. But in recent times, we have made changes in the forums where members are automatically prevented from using signatures more than the size allowed. So yes, all the four things you mentioned are already implemented here, adjusted to the forums needs and Guidelines.

However, it's not possible for the forums to automatically block advertising signatures and IPB, our forum board, gives no option - at least the previous time we checked, to prevent signatures based on size of the file here.

• 2 weeks later...
knowledge-Spammer

on your facebook page  when click on

Highlights info row image
it take u to this link  and its blocked ?

https://www.facebook.com/flx/warn/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nsanedown.com%2F&h=AT3YezNYpB5FVBOv7uDC8Graczm8yRLU6fWA_Pu1GKBnqOEHOUNNPXiRonQS7X7JX1UbL9W01VnakpWzm1KiNicARhMssk3WkmKnq6UZuzPAbTteMC09BYQz32qrDnnwvRiINl5qmY28Hlh_sF0YS7w

https://i.imgur.com/tvyA3T3.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/xIDjtpM.png

thats with out been loged in as i not use facebook

On 9/12/2018 at 5:45 PM, Matt said:

I moved your post to where it spouse to be. Can you please be more specific?  

I'm using noscript with Firefox 52.9.0 ESR.  Unless you put addthis.com in the Noscript Whitelist, nsanedown will just keep loading nonstop while showing a blank page. 

Not a big deal.  It just took me a while to figure out why nsanedown wasn't working for me (thought the site was just down).  Just in case someone else was having the same problem and couldn't figure out why.

Archived