Forum Upgrade Bugs

Lite

WindowsAddict
21 hours ago, Matt said:

@WindowsAddict I have tested on all browsers, and everything works predictably as it spouse to be here. Try to clear all cookies. 

there is no clear cookies option in epic. btw i've tried the uninstall and then install epic. it didnt help.

3 hours ago, dcs18 said:

To which button are you referring? yXZVmpE.gif

first if you open this forum in epic and click on close button of those 2 banners in top, it wont close.

spoilers all always open.

if you click on sign in button then it'll open a full sign in page instead of little popup for sign in.

+ button beside quote button doesnt appear.

if you click on who reacted this on past then it'll open a whole page instead of little pop up.

some more problems.

above is when you are not signed in.

if you sign in then, 

all the above problems +

quote button wont work.

and some minor problems.

i know the difference bcoz i used to browse nsane sometime in epic as guest, and before i didnt face such problems.

• Replies 658
  • Views 61.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

@WindowsAddict  screen shots would be more helpful, and lately we have updated the forums system there are many changes from the previous version.  

I have problems visualizing the forum through Firefox Nightly, it said me site is compromised, potential XSS detect in /main/root/,

how could I fix this?

Best Regards,

5 hours ago, WindowsAddict said:
9 hours ago, dcs18 said:

To which button are you referring? yXZVmpE.gif

first if you open this forum in epic and click on close button of those 2 banners in top, it wont close.

The Close buttons on the Announcement Banners won't work if cookies are denied/blocked (for whatever be the reason) on your browser.

Not possible to offer technical details since I'm running a completely different browser.

My personal preference is to block those Announcement banners using the following rule:—

nsaneforums.com##.cAnnouncementsContent

nsaneforums.com##.cAnnouncementsFloat

You might want to post screenshots of the other issues.

• Administrator

Blocking the Announcement Banners is not helpful for the forums members, Ex. what if we decide to do some maintenance on the servers and decide to shut down the forums for days? How members would know if they are blocking it or we are running out of budget like now ?  Announcement Banners is very important element to keep not to block.

The bling on the Announcement Banners are such a eyesore — would never have blocked the same if the background colors were to complement the visuals of the theme.

WindowsAddict
1 hour ago, Matt said:

@WindowsAddict  screen shots would be more helpful, and lately we have updated the forums system there are many changes from the previous version.  

1 hour ago, dcs18 said:

The Close buttons on the Announcement Banners won't work if cookies are denied/blocked (for whatever be the reason) on your browser.

Not possible to offer technical details since I'm running a completely different browser.

My personal preference is to block those Announcement banners using the following rule:—

Afaik epic browser doesn't deny cookies.

since there are many problems and the because of the nature of the problems, i think screen shot wouldn't be helpful.

its better if you guys test the site in epic browser yourself, and check the problems mentioned in my previous post.

and just so you know, i use epic (because its most privacy focused non tor based browser) on many sites and i do not face such problems else where.

20 minutes ago, WindowsAddict said:
1 hour ago, dcs18 said:

Afaik epic browser doesn't deny cookies.

since there are many problems and the because of the nature of the problems, i think screen shot wouldn't be helpful.

its better if you guys test the site in epic browser yourself, and check the problems mentioned in my previous post.

and just so you know, i use epic (because its most privacy focused non tor based browser) on many sites and i do not face such problems else where.

It's not necessary that Epic is the culprit which (in your case) is responsible for denying/blocking cookies.

On my Firefox, I'm able to replicate only that the Close buttons on the Announcement Banners don't work if cookies are denied/blocked — can't replicate any of the other issues reported (certainly won't be installing any other browser to test the same — hope someone else can assist with that.)

• Administrator

@WindowsAddict as @dcs18 mentioned your problem is with responsible for denying/blocking cookies. Also I just installed the epic browser and it is based on chrome browser. anyway everything works fine here.

WindowsAddict
12 hours ago, Matt said:

@WindowsAddict as @dcs18 mentioned your problem is with responsible for denying/blocking cookies. Also I just installed the epic browser and it is based on chrome browser. anyway everything works fine here.

That's weird,i just uninstalled epic and installed it again just to make sure it is set to default and i'm still facing those problems.

i tried but i couldn't quote your post and then i tried  to post comment i couldn't do that either.  finally i'd to switch browser. anyway if you consider this problem doesn't exist then i wouldn't pressure you to investigate further. thanks.

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, WindowsAddict said:

That's weird,i just uninstalled epic and installed it again just to make sure it is set to default and i'm still facing those problems.

i tried but i couldn't quote your post and then i tried  to post comment i couldn't do that either.  finally i'd to switch browser. anyway if you consider this problem doesn't exist then i wouldn't pressure you to investigate further. thanks.

I would like to help you with this. Even if you uninstalled there are more folder in App folder related to it. Try to this. Create a new user on your computer to try to use epic browser from there, and then let me what was the result.

WindowsAddict
1 hour ago, Matt said:

I would like to help you with this. Even if you uninstalled there are more folder in App folder related to it. Try to this. Create a new user on your computer to try to use epic browser from there, and then let me what was the result.

epic browser install itself in in users appdata local folder. last time i uninstalled it i used geek uninstaller to clear leftover files (not registry as it may create problems). but still i tried it with new user account and installed the epic again and problem is still there.

• Administrator
25 minutes ago, WindowsAddict said:

epic browser install itself in in users appdata local folder. last time i uninstalled it i used geek uninstaller to clear leftover files (not registry as it may create problems). but still i tried it with new user account and installed the epic again and problem is still there.

I don't know what to tell you here. Does this problem appears with other browsers ? Or you've not tried a different browser?

WindowsAddict
23 minutes ago, Matt said:

I don't know what to tell you here. Does this problem appears with other browsers ? Or you've not tried a different browser?

other browsers are working fine with nsane, anyway my intention was not to get help mainly but i just wanted to let you know that there is a problem in epic after forum upgrade. that's all. i don't have any problem in switching browser to browse nsaneforums,  

• Administrator
On 7/5/2018 at 1:34 AM, TrojanK said:

Insecure content blocked !?

Screenshot (31)_n.png

I'm sorry, I haven't noticed this before now.

If any anyone sees this

image.png

This is very normal, and it is because some of the members who are posting on the same page either they have a picture in the signature that doesn't have HTTPS link or they have posted an picture from non HTTPS website.

nsaneforums and nsnaedown are FULLY secured connection everywhere now, so please members try to use a different links for your signature picture and start posting images form HTTPS sources.  

You've probably forgotten that Epic Browser is a browser that always works in the so-called privacy mode, which has many restricted features, ie alowed is only pre-defined java and jQuery scripts etc.
Therefore, the Epic Browser can not do all the features on a modern website, which are often based on jQuery or javascript.
Remember, Epic Browser does not have the ability to use as a regular browser, it is made for specific needs only. Therefore, you can only use it with limited capabilities, and then it's natural that all features are not available.
Epic Browser was last updated on November 27, 2017 and based on Chromium 62.0.3202.94.

WindowsAddict
6 minutes ago, Kalju said:

You've probably forgotten that Epic Browser is a browser that always works in the so-called privacy mode, which has many restricted features, ie alowed is only pre-defined java and jQuery scripts etc.
Therefore, the Epic Browser can not do all the features on a modern website, which are often based on jQuery or javascript.
Remember, Epic Browser does not have the ability to use as a regular browser, it is made for specific needs only. Therefore, you can only use it with limited capabilities, and then it's natural that all features are not available.
Epic Browser was last updated on November 27, 2017 and based on Chromium 62.0.3202.94.

yeah, i guess new forum upgrade adds some features which are not available in epic due to old version.i'm a epic user for like 6 months and this is the first time i'm encountering site fail. epic needs update, i'll post the feedback on epic site now.

There's no reason. Epic must work in that way. That's the point what it must do, is it made only for safe surfing and not for usual surfing. It works absolutely correctly, as should work. It is not made for usual surfing!

On 7/6/2018 at 6:02 PM, Matt said:

@Rainmaker I'm aware of that I did that on purpose, yet you can check now and tell me if you still noticing any lags. 

Matt, yes, the 4-5 second lags have dropped to approximately 2 seconds, which is pretty normal for this and other forums I visit. Curious as to why you would have intentionally implemented a lag? Just trying to follow your logic on this.

\\ R

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Rainmaker said:

Matt, yes, the 4-5 second lags have dropped to approximately 2 seconds, which is pretty normal for this and other forums I visit. Curious as to why you would have intentionally implemented a lag? Just trying to follow your logic on this.

\\ R

Wait one more month and you will see how fast the forums will be. :)

10 minutes ago, Matt said:

Wait one more month and you will see how fast the forums will be. :)

Good luck with that job. We all need a fast nsane forums.

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, José Diogo Pereira said:

I can't using forum from tapatalk...

Check again now it should be work.

José Diogo Pereira
3 minutes ago, Matt said:

Check again now it should be work.

Thank you for your fast response, but the forum still not working on tapatalk (get_config error)...

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, José Diogo Pereira said:

Thank you for your fast response, but the forum still not working on tapatalk (get_config error)...

Working fine here, so just try to close the app and open it again. I'm sure it will work.

Archived