Forum Upgrade Bugs

Lite

• Replies 658
  • Views 61.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two quick observations:—

1. When I logged-in, after the last site breakdown — the Board seems to have defaulted to the Nsane Light (Default) Theme, and
  2. The Announcement bar on the right hand side of the page, is now causing a criminal loss in real estate (as illustrated by the red portion):—

3CBgnkA.png

ps:—

Users might feel compelled to use their ad. blocker against the culprit — just a heads-up.

Edgar.Elooo
24 minutes ago, Mathew said:

You're doing an excellent job. Thank you. I hope you'll keep doing that for a long time.

Here's the bug I mentioned.

Secure.

X9THCnH.png

Insecure

JiGCqhM.png

I'ts not secure for the images content, only.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

1. When I logged-in, after the last site breakdown — the Board seems to have defaulted to the Nsane Light (Default) Theme, and
  2. The Announcement bar on the right hand side of the page, is now causing a criminal loss in real estate (as illustrated by the red portion):—

Reveal hidden contents

Users might feel compelled to use their ad. blocker against the culprit — just a heads-up.

It's the new IPS update 4.3.4. 

knowledge-Spammer

one little thing if u can fix this little thing when i click on notifications

i  get this  try and download a song ? it seems sound for notifications

kcl5dQb.png

5 hours ago, dcs18 said:

1. When I logged-in, after the last site breakdown — the Board seems to have defaulted to the Nsane Light (Default) Theme

This problem keeps repeating at every fresh browser launch — very irritating that the Board fails to remember my choice of theme . . . . . . Default New. RL8WwPy.gif

2 hours ago, knowledge said:

one little thing if u can fix this little thing when i click on notifications

i  get this  try and download a song ? it seems sound for notifications

<snip>

(Fire-up your IDM) >> (navigate to) Options >> File types >> Edit list ... >> Add >> (clear the contents of the Address, if any and then copy http://*.nsaneforums.com/applications/core/interface/sounds/*.mp3 into the field) >> OK >> OK >>OK.

knowledge-Spammer
48 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

This problem keeps repeating at every fresh browser launch — very irritating that the Board fails to remember my choice of theme . . . . . . Default New. RL8WwPy.gif

it remember  but u must be login :) when not login  u have no rules how it look but when login u make change as u like :)

Just now, knowledge said:
49 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

it remember  but u must be login :) when not login  u have no rules how it look but when login u make change as u like :)

Yes, I was referring to the non-logged state — why must one have to keep changing the theme back every time (especially when the Board demands cookies to be enabled?)

Here's another annoying problem with Site Preference . . . . . . in all fairness, though — it's not a new issue (have been experiencing it for more than a month, now):—

The site fails to remember the custom zoomed state of the page across Firefox sessions — have no other browser to test this problem (guessing it should be reproducible on each and every browser, though.)

knowledge-Spammer
3 hours ago, dcs18 said:

Here's another annoying problem with Site Preference . . . . . . in all fairness, though — it's not a new issue (have been experiencing it for more than a month, now):—

The site fails to remember the custom zoomed state of the page across Firefox sessions — have no other browser to test this problem (guessing it should be reproducible on each and every browser, though.)

seems fine for me ?

TheEmpathicEar
10 hours ago, dcs18 said:

Reveal hidden contents

How do I set my default to what is was before this? I agree with you that this theme is taking up more space.

• Administrator
5 hours ago, TheEmpathicEar said:

How do I set my default to what is was before this? I agree with you that this theme is taking up more space.

Simply scroll down to the left side and change theme, yet I don't agree with no one on the size because this theme or the dark is designed based on the default theme size. There are nothing have changed other than the look and it's just become more professional. 

TheEmpathicEar
3 minutes ago, Matt said:

Simply scroll down to the left side and change theme, yet I don't agree with no one on the size because this theme or the dark is designed based on the default theme size. There are nothing have changed other than the look and it's just become more professional. 

Thx! I tried "Default New" and it seems better to me somehow. I can't really explain why?

• Administrator
1 minute ago, TheEmpathicEar said:

Thx! I tried "Default New" and it seems better to me somehow. I can't really explain why?

Because you just got used to it nothing more, and the reason is in the paste year we never provided any different theme  than the default only on 2014 when I provided a new theme. I know new things would be for some of you guys strange, but you will get use to it if you just accept the new things.

TheEmpathicEar

Great work by both you and everyone else involved. I meant no disrespect. Some of us [like me] just have trouble with change. ? [more emojis as well?] 

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, TheEmpathicEar said:

Great work by both you and everyone else involved. I meant no disrespect. Some of us [like me] just have trouble with change. ? [more emojis as well?] 

If you trust me just try the other themes back Light or Dark for one week and you will love them. 

12 hours ago, knowledge said:
16 hours ago, dcs18 said:

seems fine for me ?

1. Which browser did you try?
  2. What is your custom zoom state?
  3. What are the steps you took to set your custom zoom state?

6 hours ago, Matt said:
12 hours ago, TheEmpathicEar said:

Simply scroll down to the left side and change theme, <snip>

The theme choice of Default New is not respected.

Just try to set your default theme to the first one, Default New on Firefox — then, purge your cache especially the cookies and after opening a new session, open nSane . . . . your theme will default to Nsane Light (Default) instead of Default New.

Also, the useless Sidebar takes up 315 pixels on the right hand side of the New Content — on the homepage it's fine to have the Sidebar but you guys need to remove it from the New Content page and this can be done only at server level with the CSS snippet placed right at the root.

17 hours ago, dcs18 said:

Here's another annoying problem with Site Preference . . . . . . in all fairness, though — it's not a new issue (have been experiencing it for more than a month, now):—The site fails to remember the custom zoomed state of the page across Firefox sessions — have no other browser to test this problem (guessing it should be reproducible on each and every browser, though.)

I think this is a Firefox issue. The site preferences are stored in permissions.sqlite file in user data folder, but partly in the cookies.sqlite file.
But some of the junk cleaners will erase the data there very carefully. IPS don't store such a data.

Just now, Kalju said:
17 hours ago, dcs18 said:

I think this is a Firefox issue. The site preferences are stored in permissions.sqlite file in user data folder, but partly in the cookies.sqlite file.
But some of the junk cleaners will erase the data there very carefully. IPS don't store such a data.

Firefox remembers the custom zoomed state of the page across Firefox sessions for all other sites — I'm referring to over 100 sites on my bookmarks (some of those sites run IPS.)

In fact, just a month ago — nSane was able to remember the custom zoomed state of the page across Firefox sessions (despite its IPS pedigree.)

On 6/22/2018 at 12:29 PM, dcs18 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Have finally managed to remove the Announcement bar — point # 2 (at my end) . . . . . . hope that point # 1 can be resolved at server-level.

Can we please . . . . . . . puhleeeeeeeeeeez have some more of the following (black) Donation Strips — 2 per page is simply not quite sufficient:—

kBIeldo.gif  1VjjZ4q.gif

it4OpK6.png

May I ask for

1-hide donations from profile page

2-disable reputation counter?

• Administrator

None of the above mentioned any serious issues or bugs problems. You guys just saying your opinions which is welcomed but in a different post.

@dcs18

You were too busy keeping mention about the sidebar, and you haven't seen I moved the announcement from there.

Guys stop attacking negatively and try to be a good positive reporters. You should start seeing things from different angles. The new IPS 4.3.4 has new features. It moved things around like the announcement, and added a few new features like sign up for the news in here.

Archived