Microsoft Windows and Office ISO Downloader Official Thread

Jan Krohn

12 hours ago, ITPhoneHome said:

Looks good.  Would be nice if you could "Resize" the right hand size menu. Show all Menu tabs instead of the arrow buttons?

The long term plan is to move all of that into a text menu strip at the top of the page. But that's a bigger project and needs some time to do properly.

• 1 month later...

Version 8.33 (29 March 2020): Added new Insider and developer versions up to build 19587; added Office 2019 for Mac builds 16.34 and 16.35; added Office 2016 for Mac builds 16.16.19 and 16.16.20; added more Dell models and images; updated Norwegian, Swedish and Turkish localizations, many bugfixes under the hood.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Version 8.34 (31 March 2020): Added new Insider and developer versions up to build 19592; fixed issue in Norwegian localization.

35 minutes ago, style2345 said:

is windows 10 2004 20H1 RTM iso available

Not yet. In the past MS added new builds to the API a few days ahead of time. Even that hasn't happened yet. I wouldn't hold my breath for this release just yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Version 8.35 (20 April 2020): Added new Insider and developer versions up to build 19603; added new builds for Office 2016/2019 for Mac; added more Dell models and images.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
erp-ster0
On 4/1/2020 at 12:51 AM, style2345 said:

is windows 10 2004 20H1 RTM iso available

nope.  not even close.  at least not until near the end of May, according to latest rumors

Jan Krohn

Version 8.36 (6 May 2020): Added new Insider and developer versions up to build 19624; added more Dell models and images; popup with new version alert; updated jQuery to 3.5.1.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Version 8.37 (18 May 2020): Added new Insider and developer versions up to build 19628; added new builds for Office 2016/2019 for Mac; hide ads window when there is no ad to show; updated Greek localization; fixed accessibility issues.

• Like 2

Hi, is there any way to download the followings from official link (for example temporary msdn link):

Spoiler

en_windows_10_enterprise_2016_ltsb_x64_dvd_9059483.iso

en_windows_10_enterprise_2016_ltsb_x86_dvd_9060010.iso

Edited by keykavus

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2020 at 8:18 AM, keykavus said:

Hi, is there any way to download the followings from official link (for example temporary msdn link):

Reveal hidden contents

en_windows_10_enterprise_2016_ltsb_x64_dvd_9059483.iso

en_windows_10_enterprise_2016_ltsb_x86_dvd_9060010.iso

no - not without a valid msdn / mvs subscription account

---

moving on; official version 2004 May 2020 Update ISOs recently available from MS

current version of Windows & Office ISO Downloader tool can now download 2004 ISOs from MS

Edited by erp-ster0
  • Like 2

Version 8.38 (7 July 2020): Added Windows 10 May 2020 Update; added new Insider and developer versions up to build 20165; added new builds for Office 2016/2019 for Mac; added more DELL models and images; updated Bootstrap to version 4.5.0; removed build date from "About" box; fixed more accessibility issues.

• 3 weeks later...

This tool doesn't work anymore: Is there a fix.

asdf.jpg

13 hours ago, metabeta said:

Reveal hidden contents

The tool works as intended. Did you read the FAQ in the link provided?

Q: I'm getting the message "This file is currently unavailable. Please check again later."
A: The file can't currently be made availabe. The number of different downloads for Windows 7 and Office 2010 that we can offer at the same time is very limited. The files to be unlocked next are determined by community demand. Currenty available downloads are highlighted in green. You can wait until your file becomes available again, or alternatively download the Windows 7 August 2018 update, or one of the DELL OEM images.

TNX for this usefull app I'm using it since v8.15 it works lik a charm ;)

However, recently a friend recommended me to use Microsoft's MediaCreationTool2004, which I used out of curiosity and downloaded the latest version of widows 10.
I am amazed that the version downloaded from MS weighs 4.075 GB while the one downloaded with Windows-ISO-Downloader_8.37 weighs 5.167 GB.

Indeed, the only different files are:

Microsoft's MediaCreationTool2004
install.esd = 3.496 GB   v10.0.19041.1
Boot.wim 391.665 MB

Windows-ISO-Downloader_8.37

install.wim = 4.494 GB   v10.0.19041
Boot.wim 312.606 MB

Can someone explain why this 1GB difference anyway?

Regards

Irrelevant post hidden. All members are reminded to be respectful to each other.

All interactions between community members (be it via posts, PM's or via the shoutbox) should be free from flaming, baiting, spam, profanities and illegal / obscene material, and as a result should be positive, polite and constructive.

On 7/25/2020 at 4:11 PM, metabeta said:

Fixing it properly would require Windows 7 and Office 2010 license keys worth a minimum of $10,000. For software that's phasing out, that's not worth it.

You can go for the DELL downloads instead. They're multi lingual.

4 hours ago, uffbros said:

It's because an .esd file is highly compressed. That is the only difference.

Actually I doubt that. I believe the smaller esd file is incomplete. The installation process will download the missing files on the fly.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, uffbros said:

It's because an .esd file is highly compressed. That is the only difference.

16 hours ago, Jan Krohn said:

Actually I doubt that. I believe the smaller esd file is incomplete. The installation process will download the missing files on the fly.

I loaded this the MS ISO with NTLite.

NTLite find this Win10 ISO complete. Also, it convert install.esd file to install.wim. so, the obtained install.wim is 3.909 GB still smaller than Windows iso downloader 4.94 GB.

2 hours ago, coucou said:

I loaded this the MS ISO with NTLite.

NTLite find this Win10 ISO complete. Also, it convert install.esd file to install.wim. so, the obtained install.wim is 3.909 GB still smaller than Windows iso downloader 4.94 GB.

If the converted esd file is still smaller, then that means that it can't possibly be the case that it is smaller because of compression. It necessarily contains less components than the esd from the downloader. That's what I meant with "incomplete".

• 1 month later...

Version 8.39 (19 September 2020): Added new Insider and developer versions up to build 20215; added new builds for Office 2016/2019 for Mac; updated Bootstrap to version 4.5.2.

• Like 5

17 hours ago, shamu726 said:

Selected Windows 10 and just got a blank window.

On Win7 Pro x64.

image.png

Look in the thread history. I'm certain it has been discusse before.

• 2 weeks later...

Version 8.40 (4 October 2020): Added new Insider and developer versions up to build 20226; added more DELL models and images; added scroll bar to left/main pane when needed; updated CSS stylesheet; added SHA256 for newer images in ISO Tools; moved ad server from wincert.net to heidoc.net (future use).

• Like 2

• Matrix unpinned this topic