• Views 333.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woooo nice rafaelsct01 and heath28m B)

I'll post soon :)

Cheers.

++

You still waiting for OSSS? I am -_-

I've disabled Comodo AV and installed Avira AntiVir Premium for a bit of a trial. I like the combo so far but not sure if running D+ and Avira is too much.

I feel more secured this way, with heuristics set to high on Avira like the AV-Comparatives are told to test it.

Woooo nice rafaelsct01 and heath28m B)

I'll post soon :)

Cheers.

++

You still waiting for OSSS? I am -_-

I've disabled Comodo AV and installed Avira AntiVir Premium for a bit of a trial. I like the combo so far but not sure if running D+ and Avira is too much.

I feel more secured this way, with heuristics set to high on Avira like the AV-Comparatives are told to test it.

Yes, I like OSSS. I'm waiting a crack for it ... -_-

Comodo 5 is cool. I'll test it few days.

Maybe you can try / find a security setup without AV like some people here (and me for the moment...)

Cheers.

++

If I got rid of the av i'd just be mad lol.

lol.

You PC will thank you and it will improve his performances :rolleyes:

++

Ahmad_Al_Hajaya

Desktop 1: KasperSky Pure

Desktop 2: Kaspersky Internet Security 7

Desktop 3: Eset Smart Security 4

Desktop 4: Norton 360 4.0 Premier Edition

-----------------------------------------------------------

Laptop 1: Eset Smart Security 4

Laptop 2: KasperSky Pure

Laptop 3: KasperSky Pure

Laptop 4: KasperSky Pure

Laptop 5: MBAM

-----------------------------------------------------------

I've purchased all of them, except the Pure's I got them as a gift .

That's it.

My setup:

Laptop 1

1. Sandboxie

2. LnS Firewall

3.PrevX

4.Winpatrol

5.Windows Defender

Laptop 2

1. Norton360

2.Sanboxie

3.Prevx

4.Winpatrol

Thats it. Im looking forward in the future of not using any AV anymore. Testing my laptop 1 and see if there would be any infiltration. I did an image backup just in case. Can anybody suggest another setup without AV?

• Sandboxie
  • Hitman Pro
  • Windows Firewall

• 2 weeks later...

I use

Eset Nod 32 Anti virus

Sandboxie

Malwarebytes Anti malware

and no firewall other than the router!

Got my desktop pc back after lending it out for ages. Running EAM and OA free firewall. Nice combo, probably stick with it. Also Prevx facebook.

Laptop Comodo IS and prevx.

• 1 month later...

I use the newest Norton Internet Security Suite (Includes real-time & on demand scanning, and a great firewall)

I use MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware as a backup on-demand scanner if necessary, but rarely used.

I also use Firefox as my browser with the adblock plus add-on. This greatly helps with security because the most used app on any computer is usually the browser, and lots of websites out there want to burn you alive!

Here's mine:

1. Avira Premium Security Suite 10 (Pleased with its detection rate but not the firewall)

2. SuperAntispyware Pro 4.46 (Real time protection on)

3. MBAM (on demand, run a scan at least once a week)

4. SMADAV (local antivirus, very light and had no conflicts with main AV)

5. Sandboxie (sometimes)

• 2 weeks later...

Most important: Router. Since I bought one a few years ago, Kaspersky never caught another network attack, not even a single one. Amazing! I used to have 10-20 attacks/day. My ISP has high speeds, but does nothing about the network security so it's wild out there.

Kaspersky Internet Suite. I like it. I'm used to it. I like the Advanced mode since it lets me know of everything. I don't have a problem with pop-ups, I need to know what programs are doing. Never let me down in terms of getting infected, but the new versions are problematic and need hotfixes and Critical Fixes to work correctly. By the time KIS 2010 works OK, the Kaspersky marketing department pushes KIS 2011 to customers, and the new versions are not really what they used to.

Until Kaspersky released a Win7 compatible version I firstly used no AV just the router/Win7 firewalls, and after a few months I used a short while Microsoft Essentials. Did not have any problems whatsoever, but I don't recommend to anyone running around the web with no AV, regardless of "experience".

Archived