Forum Upgrade Bugs

shought

28 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

jfGhync.png

There's nothing wrong with this post, these views are correct.

• Replies 895
  • Views 83.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, shought said:
1 hour ago, dcs18 said:

jfGhync.png

There's nothing wrong with this post, these views are correct.

I'm sorry (and surprised) that you endorse the pessimistic view that is being reflected by the highlighted words.

Think over it, shought (think hard) — I would hate to disclose code that would bring harm to this site.

What I have asked for does not affect me at all (I already have it) — I have asked for the sake of others. My bone of contention is not with the requests but the pessimistic response to those requests.

FWIW, if I address something to Admin. and receive an unsolicited response from someone else who does not have access to the Admin CPL, I don't see the point in wasting any more time with bug reports.

Well all i could say is that you veterans are allowed to think more humbly about yourselves, if you don't like the forum or the way the Admins/mods are acting, then you could just leave, no one is forcing you to stay here, but what the admin's do expect is when you are here, you should respect the staff !!... :)

1 hour ago, asf said:

Well all i could say is that you veterans are allowed to think more humbly about yourselves, if you don't like the forum or the way the Admins/mods are acting, then you could just leave, no one is forcing you to stay here,

<<snip>>

1 hour ago, asf said:

but what the admin's do expect is when you are here, you should respect the staff !!... :)

<<snip>>

Why do number of entries in Recent Profile Visitors vary from member to member ? 

Most often it consists from 6 entries, but sometimes it's like 11 of them even (example : dMog's profile).

Could someone explain that, please.

31 minutes ago, mona said:

Why do number of entries in Recent Profile Visitors vary from member to member ? 

Most often it consists from 6 entries, but sometimes it's like 11 of them even (example : dMog's profile).

Could someone explain that, please.

Most likely the records reset when the forums were upgraded to 4.1, so only recent visitors display.

17 hours ago, dcs18 said:

FWIW, if I address something to Admin. and receive an unsolicited response from someone else who does not have access to the Admin CPL, I don't see the point in wasting any more time with bug reports.

You address something to the staff, at times I will be the one replying, at times someone else will. The views DKT expressed align perfectly with mine, but even if they didn't we would have an internal discussion regarding the matter before any change was made.

Hi @all

I have been getting 500 Internal Server Errors on my side.....Also the forum has gone quite slow in loading.

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

If you copying text, copy only the text, not the background. Otherwise, here is a zebra.
Incomprehensible reason, here is a forum postings background changed and it is no longer white, as it was in default.
It was default #fff, ie white. Now it is #eef0f2 ie lite blue. Now is there 3 different background colors 
Now there are three background colors, one on top of another - #ffffff => #f5f5f5 and then #eef0f2. 
And now the copied texts still have their own background color. All is visible, one from  the bottom of another, like a medieval women lingerie.

Default:
media="all"
.ipsBox:not( .ipsBox_transparent ):not( .ipsModerated ) {
    background-color: #fff;
}
Now it is:
  {
background: #EEF0F2 !important;
}

Here is an example of the copy-paste zebra:
http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/259116-easy-disk-drive-repair-2113309/?do=findComment&comment=1033489

The people have a problem, everything is copied with the source format.

25 minutes ago, Kalju said:

If you copying text, copy only the text, not the background. Otherwise, here is a zebra.
Incomprehensible reason, here is a forum postings background changed and it is no longer white, as it was in default.
It was default #fff, ie white. Now it is #eef0f2 ie lite blue. Now is there 3 different background colors 
Now there are three background colors, one on top of another - #ffffff => #f5f5f5 and then #eef0f2. 
And now the copied texts still have their own background color. All is visible, one from  the bottom of another, like a medieval women lingerie.

Default:
media="all"
}
Now it is:
  {
}

http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/259116-easy-disk-drive-repair-2113309/?do=findComment&comment=1033489

MAIN-Gary-Busey.jpg

• Administrator
19 hours ago, CoolZoid said:

Hi, Happy New Year again
Why are the forum pages opens so slowly?

9 hours ago, CoolZoid said:

What's up???
Forum's
Main page opens in 15 seconds

:dunno:

8 hours ago, jayesh30202 said:

Hi @all

I have been getting 500 Internal Server Errors on my side.....Also the forum has gone quite slow in loading.

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

We appologise for the inconvenience caused. We are well aware about the problems and the reasons behind it and are working on it to fix it. Shought has made some changes to the server which should fix the problem for now. If you notice any such slowing of site, do let us know.

5 hours ago, Kalju said:

Default:
media="all"
}
Now it is:
  {
}

Recently came to know about this problem. Was noticed when a member is copy/pasting from black theme, the background of the text of the post is in black when viewing on the default theme.

I cannot reproduce it myself though.

IPS Community Suite 4.1.6

Released 01/04/2016

This is a security release and we recommend all clients upgrade as soon as possible.

Key Changes

• Fixes a security issue when importing statuses from Facebook, Twitter or Google Plus.
  • Introduces support for PayPal Billing Agreements in Commerce.
  • Introduces new REST API for developers.
  • Changes the behaviour of media embedding in the editor so links that can be embedded no longer need to be on their own line.
  • General bug fixes and improvements.

Additional Information

This release includes a security patch to resolve an XSS (Cross Site Scripting) issue.

Source: https://community.invisionpower.com/release-notes/

On 1/4/2016 at 7:19 AM, DKT27 said:

We appologise for the inconvenience caused. We are well aware about the problems and the reasons behind it and are working on it to fix it. Shought has made some changes to the server which should fix the problem for now. If you notice any such slowing of site, do let us know.

Have been getting "500 Internal Server Error" frequently today while trying to post a reply/while sending pm/while reporting posts.....Also some posts of mine get double/triple posted after i get this 500 Internal Server Error

9 minutes ago, jayesh30202 said:

Have been getting "500 Internal Server Error" frequently today while trying to post a reply/while sending pm/while reporting posts.....Also some posts of mine get double/triple posted after i get this 500 Internal Server Error

i came accross the same problem but i think i found a workaround:

just open the same page in a new tab & you'll find it updated

if you refresh the "500 internal server error" page then you'll get it double posted!

14 minutes ago, jayesh30202 said:

i came accross the same problem but i think i found a workaround:

just open the same page in a new tab & you'll find it updated

if you refresh the "500 internal server error" page then you'll get it double posted!

edit: doesn't work as you can see ;-)

shought, can you have a look at the sharecode system? Here is a partially working one (the second part) from today.

2 hours ago, n0_risk! said:

shought, can you have a look at the sharecode system? Here is a partially working one (the second part) from today.

What's wrong here? The second one was copied, so it doesn't work.

Clicking the first part of the link brings you back to the same topic, instead of the site. It will just be added after a slash at the end of the current topic link and that obviously doesn't work. That also means that either the sharecode tutorial is wrong or the sharecode doesn't work as it should.

To avoid that, one has to doubleclick the first part of the sharecode in the WYSIWYG editor to give it proper formatting (without the topic url in front) before Save to post.

You can check the source code of my post with the sharecode, the link is correctly posted but weirdly formatted adding the topic url, dunno why, maybe because http:// is missing? :ph34r:

10 hours ago, n0_risk! said:

Clicking the first part of the link brings you back to the same topic, instead of the site. It will just be added after a slash at the end of the current topic link and that obviously doesn't work. That also means that either the sharecode tutorial is wrong or the sharecode doesn't work as it should.

Topic author made probably a mistake. I checked, everything works correctly.

2 hours ago, Stig said:

Search is not working for me right now.

Works fine here.

Can you provide a screenshot of what happens?

• Lite locked this topic

Archived