Personally, I didn’t see any advantages for using Windows 10 Enterprise Edition instead of Professional Edition;

only except that compulsory ‘Windows Update’ can be disabled. So I gonna keep using Windows 10 Pro as from now on.

Luckily I kept learning new thingies thru this wonderful forum,

I LOVE NSANE ^.^

• Replies 202
  • Views 49.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi november_ra1n:

Let me tell you that I need to do a new clean installation with 10240.16384.150709-1700.TH1_CLIENTPRO-CORE_OEMRET_X64FRE_EN-US.iso and Windows Updates work normally...after install Office 2013...I had a message with not updates automatic but...I could to update the Office 2013 by Windows Updates and my PC is working great!!!

Thanks for your help,

TecMan

mohamedrafat

That means that I can upgrade from my W8.1 to W10 then do a clean install and the system will be activated after installation?

You need to Upgrade on permanently activated Windows 7 -8-8.1 first to order to MS recognize your hard drive specifications.

After Upgrade you will be on Activated Windows 10 then you can do clean install as much as you wish to you still will be on activated 10.

So,How the windows will still be activated after doing a clean install again after upgrading ?

november_ra1n

So,How the windows will still be activated after doing a clean install again after upgrading ?

MS giving free Free upgrade for your existing Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 PC

Source:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-faq

During upgrade MS need to get relevant info about your PC hardware and BIOS after that it will recognise your PC and next time clean install MS know who you are ant let you carry on rest of the installation without entering key or trying to activate.

How can i discover if my Windows 8.1 Pro is Retail (will retain activation after upgrade to Windows 10) or Volume (must be acrivated again via KMS/MAK)???

november_ra1n

How can i discover if my Windows 8.1 Pro is Retail (will retain activation after upgrade to Windows 10) or Volume (must be acrivated again via KMS/MAK)???

Regardless if your previous Windows activated with Retail or MAK Keys when free you upgrade to Windows 10 we get the same dummy Retail key.

VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T

This works upgrade Windows 8.1 Enterprise to Windos 10 Enterprise??

1A. Upgrade from The Windows 7-8/8.1 to Windows 10 RTM

======================================================
1. Make sure your Windows has been activated permanently
2. Get the latest Windows 10 .esd or ISO file [Currently Windows 10 10240]
Or Upgrade from Windows Update if and when is available ---- Ref [answers.microsoft]
3. If you decide to Upgrade From ISO file you can either burn and install from Boot menu
or
Simply open ISO file & click to setup exe file to star to Upgrade.

4. Keep the internet on during upgrading.

november_ra1n

This works upgrade Windows 8.1 Enterprise to Windos 10 Enterprise??

1A. Upgrade from The Windows 7-8/8.1 to Windows 10 RTM

======================================================

1. Make sure your Windows has been activated permanently

2. Get the latest Windows 10 .esd or ISO file [Currently Windows 10 10240]

Or Upgrade from Windows Update if and when is available ---- Ref [answers.microsoft]

3. If you decide to Upgrade From ISO file you can either burn and install from Boot menu

or

Simply open ISO file & click to setup exe file to star to Upgrade.

4. Keep the internet on during upgrading.

All VL Editions such as Enterprise not in free Upgrade Offer... see post reply #64 >>>

If i install Windows 10 Pro Like Clean one then what installation keys i should use ? does windows 8.1 key works on windows 10 ?

I wanna share my experience when im using windows 10

I had upgrade to windows 10 pro from windows 8.1 pro (phone activation) success with permanent activation.

Two days ago my laptop acting weird, start, search and notification cant be open and store missing completely (wsreset.exe cannot be run, it said i dont have application to run it). So I decide to completely reformat my laptop. I backup my windows and office activation using MSActBackUp.

During format, I skip entering the key and also delete all the partition except my data partition. Then create new partition. After finish the installation, i connect the internet it automatically activate my windows so i got my permanent activation back without do anything so what november_ra1n have said before it really true. We can do clean installation after do the upgrade first. Let server read our hard disk and system first.

And for today i install my office 2013 and i accidentally run restore activation from MSActBackUp because I dont know that i cant select office only to restore the activation. So it attempt to restore my office and windows activation back. So as a result my windows activation is broken.

To fix it i run at command prompt "slmgr /upk" to remove my key and restart.
After that I run back MSActBackUp to restore back my windows and office activation. After restart, it said it need to connect to internet to activate. I on my internet and after a few sec......*poof*....my windows is activated.

**sorry my english is bad hope you can understand**

november_ra1n

If i install Windows 10 Pro Like Clean one then what installation keys i should use ? does windows 8.1 key works on windows 10 ?

Yes you need to mandatory Upgrade first time. After that you can do clean install read carefully the front topic for instruction #1 >>>

BDestroyer8418

Having trouble upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Ultimate N SP1 (MSDN Key). I could not get the Windows 10 icon to show up at all for me on my PC with this version tried everything. Just tried this method and when I try to upgrade from within Win 7 the Windows 10 upgrade install ask me for Product Key I can not skip this step since it's in not available to click ? I enter my key I have for the Win 7 version and just get not valid. Also tried to do the install from bootup and then when I click on upgrade I get

Compatibility Report - The computer started using the windows installation media. Remove the installation media and restart your computer so that windows starts normally. Then, insert the installation media and restart the upgrade. (Do not select Icustom [advanced] to perform an upgrade Icustom [advanced] installs a new copy of windows and deletes your programs and settings.)

I believe that error mean's it can only be upgrade while booted in the OS right ? So then that brings me back to the Product Key info that can't be skipped.

I did the same thing but have another version Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (MSDN Key) same could not get the 10 icon etc. Did the upgrade in Windows 7 had no issue's. Well I did but found out it was my CPU G3258 had to disable the 2nd core it was reboot looping something MS needs to fix but once I disable the 2nd core installed and was still activated with my Key.

Do they have another Windows 10 DL for the N version's wonder if that's the reason. I have another Home Premium Key I could use and just install the trouble Win 7 key on that pc which is my parent's they only go on that a few time's a year on that pc. Really wanted Win 10 Pro for main PC for a few feature's.

november_ra1n

Having trouble upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Ultimate N SP1 (MSDN Key). I could not get the Windows 10 icon to show up at all for me on my PC with this version tried everything. Just tried this method and when I try to upgrade from within Win 7 the Windows 10 upgrade install ask me for Product Key I can not skip this step since it's in not available to click ? I enter my key I have for the Win 7 version and just get not valid. Also tried to do the install from bootup and then when I click on upgrade I get

Compatibility Report - The computer started using the windows installation media. Remove the installation media and restart your computer so that windows starts normally. Then, insert the installation media and restart the upgrade. (Do not select Icustom [advanced] to perform an upgrade Icustom [advanced] installs a new copy of windows and deletes your programs and settings.)

I believe that error mean's it can only be upgrade while booted in the OS right ? So then that brings me back to the Product Key info that can't be skipped.

I did the same thing but have another version Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (MSDN Key) same could not get the 10 icon etc. Did the upgrade in Windows 7 had no issue's. Well I did but found out it was my CPU G3258 had to disable the 2nd core it was reboot looping something MS needs to fix but once I disable the 2nd core installed and was still activated with my Key.

Do they have another Windows 10 DL for the N version's wonder if that's the reason. I have another Home Premium Key I could use and just install the trouble Win 7 key on that pc which is my parent's they only go on that a few time's a year on that pc. Really wanted Win 10 Pro for main PC for a few feature's.

Has been addressed to another topic.

Yes you need to mandatory Upgrade first time. After that you can do clean install read carefully the front topic for instruction #1 >>>

hi november_ra1n today i have checked the upgrade iconand i got " wait for the seccuccive wave upgrade " so can i upgrade from windows 8.1 pro with wmc to windows 10 pro using the iso image or the fist time most be done via the windows update. thanks

and who installed word 2013 with the key mak, as you do? After doing a clean installation of Windows 10.

november_ra1n

and who installed word 2013 with the key mak, as you do? After doing a clean installation of Windows 10.

There is no Office Word 2013 MAK Keys but Office 2013 Pro Plus Mak Keys. before Upgrade backup your Office sometimes Office activation disable after upgrade. --- Backup Activation

There is no Office Word 2013 MAK Keys but Office 2013 Pro Plus Mak Keys. before Upgrade backup your Office sometimes Office activation disable after upgrade. --- Backup Activation

I did the backup activation by microsoft tools, some problem?

november_ra1n

Nope you can use any backup tool you wish to in case something goes wrong during upgrade of Windows 10 you can reactivate with reinstall backup files.

Nope you can use any backup tool you wish to in case something goes wrong during upgrade of Windows 10 you can reactivate with reinstall backup files.

tnks november, I have another question, how do I turn off windows update in Windows 10? It's possible?

november_ra1n

tnks november, I have another question, how do I turn off windows update in Windows 10? It's possible?

Not any easy and efficient work-around i know!

hi november_ra1n today i have checked the upgrade iconand i got " wait for the seccuccive wave upgrade " so can i upgrade from windows 8.1 pro with wmc to windows 10 pro using the iso image or the fist time most be done via the windows update. thanks

november_ra1n

Yes you can upgrade from WU keep internet on during upgrade and skip any key if Windows ask you.

worldsdream

activated win8.1

downloaded win10 iso.

will upgrade now.

But i am using it with bootcamp on my imac. If i do clean install, bootcamp will be erased right?

broascadilie

So what i am trying right now is to upgrade my Wind 8.1 x64 PRO thru the download tool but i have a problem.

I have started the tool and for the last 10 minutes it remains at 0% while trying to dl Win 10.

What should i do ? It will be better to just dl the whole iso img and upgrade directly from there ? I want to upgrade not do a clean install.

If i burn the iso to a dvd disk...? Can i upgrade, will not mess my current windows instalation ?

november_ra1n

So what i am trying right now is to upgrade my Wind 8.1 x64 PRO thru the download tool but i have a problem.

I have started the tool and for the last 10 minutes it remains at 0% while trying to dl Win 10.

What should i do ? It will be better to just dl the whole iso img and upgrade directly from there ? I want to upgrade not do a clean install.

If i burn the iso to a dvd disk...? Can i upgrade, will not mess my current windows instalation ?

You can burn DVD and during installation chose Upgrade it is same thing.

Archived