"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

yep..it is..i hope on the next build..IDM not changed..the activation IPA, otherwise..this thread are more interested... :rolleyes:

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With built-in Firewall, I ONLY create 01 rule outbound to block. - You Mean Just Block Rule, No Allow Rule ?

Add this NEW IP's that responsible registration part of IDM - My Activation Is Still Holding Good Without These IPs :unsure:

Even i Am Using The Windows Firewall Advance Security W7/W8.1 to apply this awesome FIX :)

yup..

Just ONLY 01 outbound rule and 3 days passed without fake message.

I am asking anyone here to test with or without those NEW IP's then post back here. In my case,there is.

Aren't You Facing Problems As Discussed Here Without The Allow Rule :think:

Those who have already allowed IDM via firewall when it tried to access internet, need not to create the allow rule separately because it has been already created when you granted the access of net to IDM when your firewall prompted you.

I don't See The Need For 2 Firewall Rules Since 1 Rule Is Already Enough

Most Of Users Rules Applied To Specific IDM Main exe & then Another One Is Made To Allow It (To Avoid Some Downloading Problems As Some Of people Here reported)>>> 1 Block With IP Addresses +1 General Allow Rule smiley-says-no-emoticon.gif

while We Can Can Just Make 1 General Rule For All Programs With The Rest Same Configuration Mentioned Here

Yes You May Not Be Able To Download Software From Main Site Or Browse Their Site Since The Rule Is Enabled But For Me & many Others It's OK as We Use

Retail Setup For Installation :lol:

I don't See The Need For 2 Firewall Rules Since 1 Rule Is Already Enough

That depends on the firewall, in question - for example, COMODO can accommodate Block & Allow in a single rule (WFC cannot - it needs 2 different rules.)

I've tried this trick and worked 100%, but i dont know after that my downloading process clogged up. Any suggest?

I've tried this trick and worked 100%, but i dont know after that my downloading process clogged up. Any suggest?

This trick does not take part in any stage of your downloading process. :)

Maybe if you could elaborate or post a screenshot - it would help us to understand what you mean, by clogged up.

This trick does not take part in any stage of your downloading process. :)

Maybe if you could elaborate or post a screenshot - it would help us to understand what you mean, by clogged up.

Exactly I'm not sure about clogged up, just my suspect :)

Got a fake serial popup..today

Looks like it's the issue with Kaspersky...firewall

Using kis 15 and idm 6.21

It just occurred once...but I simply used the same key again

Lets see...when will the nxt pop-up...comes

Got a fake serial popup..today

Looks like it's the issue with Kaspersky...firewall

I have quite high regards for the KIS firewall. :think:

Personally, would run IDM and keep it running for some time - it keeps making periodic server checks even when not downloading (check out The Background added to post # 1, yesterday.)

How do I use this with comodo firewall? Can some one help :huh: :huh:

Shall make an appeal on your behalf at the COMODO topics for someone to assist you. ;)

How do I use this with comodo firewall? Can some one help :huh: :huh:

Shall make an appeal on your behalf at the COMODO topics for someone to assist you. ;)

Thank you :D

I think I got it done. :showoff: What I did was to edit the application rule created for Internet download manager in comodo and add additional rules for each IP.

Action: Block

Protocol: IP

Direction: In or Out

Description: IDM-XX

Source Address: Any

Destination Address: Type: IPv4 Single Address

IP: 184.173.188.104 (IP's provided by dcs18, one each for one rule :s )

IP Protocol: Any

Uninstalled (default) older version. Cleaned entries using iih1's IDM cleaner batch script.(just to be on the safe side)

Rebooted and installed IDM 6.21. Added a serial key.

Its registered and so far no nag screens.

Adding 15 rules is the only issue. If someone finds an easier way to add the IP's please share.

Thank you dcs18 for this great fix... B) B) B) B) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I think I got it done. :showoff:

Congrats!!!

When you get it done on your own - that sense of fulfillment is indescribable. :rockon:

i blocked all ips by kaspersky firewall ... but when i check updates from idm its showing new updates is available i.e is idm 6.21...but till now i did not get any fake msg...

i blocked all ips by kaspersky firewall ... but when i check updates from idm its showing new updates is available i.e is idm 6.21...but till now i did not get any fake msg...

:unsure: That is strange - with those 24 IPs blocked with Windows Firewall Control, I receive the following error when checking for IDM updates:--

aEynGhj.png

Hi there,

Thx for the new IPs but since the update I get the popup with fake serial... :\

I tried to completely remove IDM, check my Kaspersky blocking, but still pops up.

software182

there's something bad with Kaspersky Firewall :think:

I'm using ESS & i'm not facing any fake serial number popup

there's something bad with Kaspersky Firewall :think:

I'm using ESS & i'm not facing any fake serial number popup

Maybe there is new IP to block.

please, what is ESS? Eset Smart?

• Matrix locked this topic
  • Reefa unlocked this topic

Archived