"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Preventing WindowBlinds From Dialing Home

The Problem:

WindowBlinds keeps nagging Users with the following popup at frequent intervals even if one disables Automatically check for updates once a week at the GUI:

DTDOP7L.png

The Solution:

Use your firewall to block Windows Explorer (explorer.exe) from outbound IP 74.204.71.137

Hzq2Jdt.png

Edit:--

Post # 1 and post # 2 updated.

bro i tried every possible way to block idm with these ips using bitdefender firewall

the prob is bitdefender firewall that has a major limitation of maximum 3 IP's in one rule

almost 7 times rules have to be created eventhough still blocking by making all 7 +1 rule

still it checks for updates

and yeah a question BItdefender firewall was also asking for a port number..i just put 8080 is that correct?

so..ya kinda sucks..bitfefender

but configuring kaspersky firewall is such a simple task

if anybody or u can give any ideas then..pls.s. i'll try every possible way..

thanks for sparing ur time to read my post

if u want i can explain u by screen shots

but yeah bitdefender kinda sucks

regards

bro i tried every possible way to block idm with these ips using bitdefender firewall

the prob is bitdefender firewall that has a major limitation of maximum 3 IP's in one rule

almost 7 times rules have to be created eventhough still blocking by making all 7 +1 rule

regards

Have already made an appeal (check post # 286) with absolutely no response from Bitdefender Users. fYrNifj.gif

and yeah a question BItdefender firewall was also asking for a port number..i just put 8080 is that correct?

You need to use any / all ports (whichever of those 2 options Bitdefender offers - sorry, have never had the opportunity to try out Bitdefender, for myself.)

regards

Have already made an appeal (check post # 286) with absolutely no response from Bitdefender Users. fYrNifj.gif

You need to use any / all ports (whichever of those 2 options Bitdefender offers - sorry, have never had the opportunity to try out Bitdefender, for myself.)

yeah..but its asking specific port numbers

@kantry, may be you can disable bitdefender's firewall. If you can do that, enable windows firewall and instal WFC. Problem's solved.

@kantry, may be you can disable bitdefender's firewall. If you can do that, enable windows firewall and instal WFC. Problem's solved.

Hahaha...wish I wud do..that...

Bcz..bitdefender will pop-up every time that...protection is at risk..blah blah...

So.ya..not possible

Still tnx..for ur answer

@kantry, so Bitdefender doesn't come separately without firewall? If that is it, I would never recommend Bitdefender to anyone. They can't force people to use their firewall if one wants to use their AV. We have our own right to choose separate products for separate needs, no to compromise things for protection.

There is Bitdefender without firewall, Bitdefender Antivirus Plus

http://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/antivirus-comparison.html

But just like any other internet security, Bitdefender Internet security, has firewall and it shows notification when it is disabled.

Even eset smart security and kaspersky internet security show notification when one of their components are disabled.

So, if we don't want firewall we have to just use antivirus program.(without internet security)

"Prevent Google (1e100.net) From Over-flooding Your Internet Connection"

(monitor post # 2 for all updates)

Happy New Year

@dcs18, is this really true.......ie100.net having a range of IPs starting with 74.125.0.174.125.255.254 ? Strange, what they do with so many IPs ?!?

@dcs18, is this really true.......ie100.net having a range of IPs starting with 74.125.0.174.125.255.254 ? Strange, what they do with so many IPs ?!?

Yes, we discovered it was connected to Google - check out the full picture, here.

Yes, we discovered it was connected to Google - check out the full picture, here.

Hmm, that's OK, but i am still wondering why Google's safe browsing feature is firing so much of connections ? OK, for now, another way of preventing it is "Don't enable Chrome's safe browsing" feature.

, just a minor head up - it's 1e100.net not ie100.net. To be more accurate, it's *.1e100.net. Pardon me if I'm wrong.

Hmm, that's OK, but i am still wondering what's causing the 1e100.net firing up ?

Check out the 1st four words within the Spoiler of The Problem at post # 335 – check out also the last 3 lines within the Spoiler of The Solution, at the same post. EcSzyhn.gif

Hey @dcs18

Bro...can u tell how do u compile these ips?

I mean...is there a software or u obtain it by any techy ways

Hey @dcs18

One can use various internet connection auditing tools, sniffers, etc., etc. - I prefer the old-fashioned way of setting the firewall on ask for permission mode and then jot down the IPs (one at a time - even as the program attempts a TCP / UDP server call.) EcSzyhn.gif

Hey @dcs18

One can use various internet connection auditing tools, sniffers, etc., etc. - I prefer the old-fashioned way of setting the firewall on ask for permission mode and then jot down the IPs (one at a time - even as the program attempts a TCP / UDP server call.) EcSzyhn.gif

and what firewall do u use for this kinda purposes?

and also do u use any security suits?

and what firewall do u use for this kinda purposes?

I prefer COMODO standalone firewall with SandBox disabled - testing Windows Firewall Control, ATM. bF79Bcn.gif

and also do u use any security suits?

Nope, never. XjpzZ69.gif

Time to start Wash Facebook Out project.
screenshot_1405870837.png

@dcs18 :hi: wassup hinthint2.gif

The reason i was posting in SB was bcoz with the 'Google Block' rule, i was having problem in posting @nsane ( that's only 1 issue) weirdo.gif

here r screenshots of my firewall rule: asw.gif

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

the issues : http://www31.zippyshare.com/v/83328601/file.html online.gif

the video link above contains two parts (i) when the rule is enabled and (ii) when the rule is disabled

notice the following issues in the VDO:
:view:

• when enabled, i can't see the spoiler part @nsane, clicking the 'show' button does nothing. nana.gif
  • when enabled i can't see the comments in the RSU section,clicking 'show comments' just takes me to the top of the page. fool.gif
  • when enabled, i can't access some sites for e.g. in the illustration i can't access MLTS ( still trying out my other go to sites) banghead.gif
  • when enabled, the google search engine is still functioning, i suppose that should not happen as google was blocked. confuse.gif

help.gifwaiting.gifcrossfingers.gifotherwisethrowcomputer.gif

:hi: rkkdjb

Have not been able to reproduce the issue - on my systems, I can:--

• see the contents of a Spoiler after clicking the same
  • see and reply to comments
  • access MLTS and its child sites
  • when enabled, the google search engine is still functioning, i suppose that should not happen as google was blocked. confuse.gif

Combine the firewall suggestion at post # 50 with the Firefox options at post # 19 - you should be rid of most of the UDP calls.

:hi: rkkdjb

Have not been able to reproduce the issue - on my systems, I can:--

• see the contents of a Spoiler after clicking the same
  • see and reply to comments
  • access MLTS and its child sites

Combine the firewall suggestion at post # 50 with the Firefox options at post # 19 - you should be rid of most of the UDP calls.

If u see my screenshots u will see i have done exactly the same as u said here, plz check it again and tell me if there is ny problem in my screenshots

also did u see the vdo or not?

Blocking those IP ranges will block google functionality completely. You can not use any of Google services with those IPs block. Moreover, if you are signed in to nsane with gmail, Google+ etc, I guess you may have some problem in this site too.

Oh yes, have been through all your screenshots and videos - no discrepancy found. F3h9xqz.gif

Let me know if you would like to sort out the issue with a couple of recommendations. yXZVmpE.gif

Blocking those IP ranges will block google functionality completely.

That's what m saying the ip's are not blocking google completely

You can not use any of Google services with those IPs block.

With exactly those ip's blocked, i m able to browe through google search engine

Moreover, if you are signed in to nsane with gmail, Google+ etc, I guess you may have some problem in this site too.

i don't use gmail/facebook/twitter to login @nsane

• Matrix locked this topic
  • Reefa unlocked this topic

Archived