"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

50.22.78.28/32,50.22.78.29/32,....

What's happening here?

this is expected, as /32 represents the bit mask(all 32 bits taken into account). for technical source/backup see this

eg. my LAN range is 192.168.10.1-192.168.10.255 = 192.168.10.0/24

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How To Download IDM Setup From IDM Site While Using [New Fix]: "Prevent IDM From Dialing Home"

1. Restart Your Browser With Addons Disabled, Then Go To IDM Site And Download The Setup( It Will Be Downloaded Through The Inbuilt/Default Browser Bar).When Download Finishes You Can Enable Your Addons Once Again.

2. Just Like We Add " *proxy.nsanedown.com* " In The Exclusion List For IDM Downloads, Similarly Just Add This " *internetdownloadmanager.com* " (Without Quotes And With Asterisks) To The Exclusion List And Try Downloading The Setup, It Will Be Downloaded in The Browser Itself. This Way you Can Even Download IDM setup From Official Site.

I Personally Prefer The Second Method Since Its Just A One Time Process.

p.s.This Is In Testing Phase, Donot Try This Until You Are Sure What You Are Doing.

I Don't Know Fully The Effects Of Adding " *internetdownloadmanager.com* " To The Exclusion List And What Effect It Might Have On IDM.

Viewpoints/Suggestions Are Always Welcomed ! :)

Update : 1 by dcs18 ( Notes On The 2nd Method Described Above)

Follow up by dcs18 and iih1

Anyone Has A Non Resumable Link To Test This :think:

How to change resume capability from NO to YES in IDM

Try any download from zippyshare

Nah It Didn't Work, So If IDM Says No To Resume, You Better Take It Seriously :P

How To Download IDM Setup From IDM Site While Using [New Fix]: "Prevent IDM From Dialing Home"

1. Restart Your Browser With Addons Disabled, Then Go To IDM Site And Download The Setup( It Will Be Downloaded Through The Inbuilt/Default Browser Bar).When Download Finishes You Can Enable Your Addons Once Again.

2. Just Like We Add " *proxy.nsanedown.com* " In The Exclusion List For IDM Downloads, Similarly Just Add This " *internetdownloadmanager.com* " (Without Quotes And With Asterisks) To The Exclusion List And Try Downloading The Setup, It Will Be Downloaded in The Browser Itself. This Way you Can Even Download IDM setup From Official Site.

I Personally Prefer The Second Method Since Its Just A One Time Process.

p.s.This Is In Testing Phase, Donot Try This Until You Are Sure What You Are Doing.

I Don't Know The Effects Of Adding " *internetdownloadmanager.com* " To The Exclusion List And What Effect It Might Have On IDM.

Viewpoints/Suggestions Are Always Welcomed ! :)

Why don't u use...zenmate and activate any region...ok

Then evemthogh u block...ips u can still access the page

Regards

Why don't u use...zenmate and activate any region...ok

Then evemthogh u block...ips u can still access the page

Regards

Using The Method Described In This Thread, Accessing The Page Is Not A Problem Its Downloading From The Page That Is The Problem :yes:

The Page Referring To : http://internetdownloadmanager.com/

@Taker

all the ip addresses in the list have a suffix "/32" in them.

What's happening here?

This happens even after I enter the 20 ip list by copy paste and save the configuration for idm rule. Then when I revisit the address list its been automatically changed to as follows:

50.22.78.28/32,50.22.78.29/32,50.22.78.31/32,50.97.41.98/32,50.97.82.44/32,69.41.163.49/32,69.41.163.149/32,75.125.34.148/32,75.125.34.157/32,173.255.137.80/32,173.255.134.84/32,174.127.73.80/32,174.127.73.85/32,184.173.188.104/32,184.173.188.106/32,184.173.188.107/32,202.134.64.74/32,207.44.199.16/32,207.44.199.159/32,207.44.199.165/32

I delete them all ,paste them again from your list and it changes to this by itself!!!!

What the hell man!!!

the above mentioned scenario is already answered. :think:

As far as issue of fake serial no. pop-up is concerned, I am using the the Firewall Configuration Settings as illustrated in my post #157 & till now have no issues whatsoever:--) ;)

4JKQrXj.png

Just a head up regarding hosts method. If we take away the modify permission for the hosts from Trusted Installer (ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES in Win 8 or later, I guess), will IDM still be able to rewrite the hosts? :naughty:

This is how the permissions are set for ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES by default:

Setting the hosts file to Read-only is sufficient to prevent any program/application from rewriting the hosts entries. :)

Yes, this one is a better idea - the second * is not required, though (*proxy.nsanedown.com is sufficient to get the job done.) :yes:

Edit:--

Tip added to the main post with a corresponding edit to post # 2. :)

In The Main Post Shouldn't It Be *internetdownloadmanager.com Since We Want It From IDM Homepage :think:

*proxy.nsanedown.com Was Just For Illustration.

1FTwGKJ.png

Oh finally...got fake message for first time today when starting PC (W7). :w00t:

apply temporary fix and done. will install Private Firewall if have time, to use "NEW Fix" since it running and succesful in XP to block IPs. Simple and effective that could apply within main GUI.

In The Main Post Shouldn't It Be *internetdownloadmanager.com Since We Want It From IDM Homepage :think:

*proxy.nsanedown.com Was Just For Illustration.

1FTwGKJ.png

Ah, yes - copied the wrong one. :P

Just made a slight addition (to make it more inclusive) - *.internetdownloadmanager.com instead of *internetdownloadmanager.com

Got it, *.internetdownloadmanager.com instead of *internetdownloadmanager.com

and *proxy.nsanedown.com

The following is a screenshot of WFC. Are those highlighted entries supposed to be blocked out there?

screenshot_1404525303.png

@ rudrax

Those entries are blocked (for selective remote addresses) on my system. ;)

@ rudrax

@dcs18, i'm currently blocking them as "All". What are those "selective remote addresses" you are blocking these entries for? Can you please share!

@ rudrax

What happens if I remove them? Do I need them to be blocked? If yes then why?

@ rudrax

@dcs18, i'm currently blocking them as "All". What are those "selective remote addresses" you are blocking these entries ? Can you please share!

In my case those selective remote addresses were already present:--

WFC - VeriSign Global Registry Services:--

199.7.48.0-199.7.63.255,199.16.80.0-199.16.95.255

WFC - Microsoft Limited:--

94.245.64.0-94.245.127.255

WFC - Microsoft Internet Data Center

213.199.160.0-213.199.191.255

WFC - Akamai Technologies

92.122.212.0-92.122.219.255,92.123.96.0-92.123.111.255,95.100.0.0-95.100.15.255,23.32.0.0-23.67.255.255

Do I need them to be blocked? If yes then why?

It all depends on your deployment strategy - if according to you, they won't be required to send/receive data packets, it is better to strangulate them. :dunno:

For example Internet Explorer on my systems is firewalled and never allowed internet freedom - that would sound sacrilegious to a IE nut (so, it depends.)

Strangulate..... :think: .......Sacrilegious...... :think:

Answer :

google_200x200.jpg

jWdmtuJ.png

uv6rUHn.png

So it doesn't really matter. Cool.

@nsaners

Just inform, I use this method to block windows 7 manager without hosts method too, and it worked. So far so good. :D

is there any workaround to implement this New Fix on ESET Smart Security 7? If possible, detailed guide with screenshots will be highly appreciated. :showoff2:

is there any workaround to implement this New Fix on ESET Smart Security 7? If possible, detailed guide with screenshots will be highly appreciated. :showoff2:

The best solution for ESS 7, IMHO - is the box, mara- Trial Reset (I am using it myself.) ;)

The best solution for ESS 7, IMHO - is the box, mara- Trial Reset (I am using it myself.) ;)

I Think He Was Asking On How To Configure ESS Firewall(Configure Rules) So As To Use This New Fix For IDM :dunno:

And Not For Fixing ESS Itself :P

is there any workaround to implement this New Fix on ESET Smart Security7? If possible, detailed guide with screenshots will be highly appreciated. :showoff2:

:wtf: are you kidding me? :angry:

I am not asking abt how to activate ESS? ;)

• Matrix locked this topic
  • Reefa unlocked this topic

Archived