"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

I don't understand why fake serial blah blah bullshit when I use only main 3 IP's for about 2 weeks and everything is OK

Are you by any chance also using your hosts file edited with the rest of the hosts instead of the resolved IPs (as described in my post # 15)?

everything is under control for me, IDM will not fake serial bullshit me, just i don't understand how someone can not block IDM remote IP's with firewall

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah seems to be that kind of issue,may be some one knowledgeble about kis firewall needs to look and fine tune it better.

By the way I have now blocked off all parts of install in addition to .exe. No harm in tryin,I guess!!!.

Let's see how it goes.

Appeal:--

Can somebody who has successfully managed to block IDM please post his/her Kaspersky Firewall configuration screenshots - thank you.

Hello I have block all ip address for IDM with Online Armor Firewall here instruction first make this file in desktop IDM_Firewall_Except_Connections.sav and paste text from http://pastebin.com/AWgLHAMX please copy text from RAW Paste Data not up text. Now go to Firewall go Restrictions and first table click right and Export and export file from desktop. Sorry for my english.

Can somebody who has successfully managed to block IDM please post his/her Kaspersky Firewall configuration screenshots - thank you.

KASPERSKY USER'S

I've successfully blocked my IDM using ur ips on my Kaspersky and I've also registered with the serial I posted on that page..as dcs18 knows it

Y don't u guys use that serial..

And yeah Kaspersky users

Don't copy the ips posted in vertical section rather use the horizontal with comma after each ip

Should like

Ip,ip,...20ips

Then...save the firewall for block that's it

And register with my given serial ...no more fake popups or anyother nags

It's late here ...now.I'll post some screenshots after waking up

Ba..byee

Here's the complete guide (in English) on how to configure Kaspersky Firewall for a particular application (In This Case used for File Explorer. Users/members may use this for IDM as well, . . . . . . . . .

Can we bother you to post Kaspersky screenshots for IDM instead of File Explorer - with corresponding reference made specifically to those 20 IPs from my OP. :)

Just because of you... BoYvJuC.gif

sXTfSPN.png

WrVjoE5.png

8E50QqG.png

Hek3BeS.png

26wcb9J.png

bt5dysR.png

svix8Of.png

post the IDM screenshot after navigating to Help >> Check for updates...?

pDvfRkD.png

by kaspersky method, If I check for updates it says i am running the latest version of idman to check for updates later!!!!!

So with all those ip blocked ,how is it communicating with idm servers?!!!!.

Can you please cross-check your Kaspersky configuration (again) with the OP - have just updated it with Taker's English pictorial instructions. :)

Yup ,i did cross check every thing,both the configuration and ip list also!.

Interestingly if i refeed the same data in registration then it works for a while ,actually downloads correctly also without any nags.

Do we also need to also block off other components of the install like idmgrhelp etc apart from the exe.?,

ATM, only Users of the Kaspersky firewall are facing an issue - wish I could have personally helped (unfortunately - am running Windows Firewall Control.)

On my systems, many programs & applications are blocked, by default - including IDMGrHlp.exe (however, don't think IDMGrHlp.exe is the problem - others would have reported it.)

Like he said IDMGrHlp.exe Is Not The Problem, Just Blocking IDMan.exe Here In My Firewall And Still Enjoying IDM Without Any Hassle.

What about the browser freezing issue?

Just a head up. There are two places in firewall for blocking 'remote IP' and 'local IP'. IDM's entries should be placed in 'remote IP' outbound section.

Can you please cross-check your Kaspersky configuration (again) with the OP - have just updated it with Taker's English pictorial instructions. :)

Yup ,i did cross check every thing,both the configuration and ip list also!.

Interestingly if i refeed the same data in registration then it works for a while ,actually downloads correctly also without any nags.

Do we also need to also block off other components of the install like idmgrhelp etc apart from the exe.?,
ATM, only Users of the Kaspersky firewall are facing an issue - wish I could have personally helped (unfortunately - am running Windows Firewall Control.)

On my systems, many programs & applications are blocked, by default - including IDMGrHlp.exe (however, don't think IDMGrHlp.exe is the problem - others would have reported it.)

Like he said IDMGrHlp.exe Is Not The Problem, Just Blocking IDMan.exe Here In My Firewall And Still Enjoying IDM Without Any Hassle.

Still There :(

But no Hassle In Registering IDM :P

Here's the complete guide (in English) on how to configure Kaspersky Firewall for a particular application (In This Case used for File Explorer. Users/members may use this for IDM as well, . . . . . . . . .

Can we bother you to post Kaspersky screenshots for IDM instead of File Explorer - with corresponding reference made specifically to those 20 IPs from my OP. :)

Just because of you... BoYvJuC.gif

I want you to know, Taker - how much we appreciate your extra efforts (just can't thank you, enough.) :notworthy:

Shall be updating the OP - with your awesome screenshots, soon. :yes:

by kaspersky method, If I check for updates it says i am running the latest version of idman to check for updates later!!!!!

So with all those ip blocked ,how is it communicating with idm servers?!!!!.

Please do take a closer look at Taker's last screenshot at post # 157 - if your Kaspersky is correctly configured, that is the message window of error you should be seeing upon checking for IDM updates.

Your freezing problem can be solved only over TeamViewer - it is a personal issue depending on Individual environment. ;)

@dcs18, I feel shame when you try your best to fix the issue over TeamViewer and you struggle to do that due to my crap ISP.

@dcs18, I feel shame when you try your best to fix the issue over TeamViewer and you struggle to do that due to my crap ISP.

I am experimenting with something that could mitigate the slower connection at your end, for a more pleasurable TeamViewing - shall get back in case I meet with success. :)

Hello I have block all ip address for IDM with Online Armor Firewall here instruction first make this file in desktop IDM_Firewall_Except_Connections.sav and paste text from http://pastebin.com/AWgLHAMX please copy text from RAW Paste Data not up text. Now go to Firewall go Restrictions and first table click right and Export and export file from desktop. Sorry for my english.

Seem to have somehow lost your post - sorry for that. :P

Shall review how best to include your useful heads up, to the OP (appreciate your voluntary effort - thanks.) :)

i just take a look with host method after using patch for a long time. in latest idm, Tonec check license via ips instead of using domain:

for toplang internet lock users:

block:

internetdownloadmanager.com
www.internetdownloadmanager.com
registeridm.com
www.registeridm.com

GvSnM1t.jpg?1

http://pastebin.com/3D8EesDv

Some working IDM keys that r working for kaspersky users who blocked those 20IP's

after using these keys i did'nt get any fake serial popups after filtering the IP's

ONLY SOME KEYS WERE TESTED
regards

kantry123

Some working IDM keys that r working for kaspersky users who blocked those 20IP's

after using these keys i did'nt get any fake serial popups after filtering the IP's

regards

kantry123

I Don't Think Forum Allows For Pasting Keys As You Did

A Better Way Would Be To Put Them Under A SPOILER.

Another Way Would Be You Using A Text Hosting Site Like Pastebin etc. And Sharecoding The Link For That :)

RLDGN-OV9WU-5W589-6VZH1

HUDWE-UO689-6D27B-YM28M

UK3DV-E0MNW-MLQYX-GENA1

398ND-QNAGY-CMMZU-ZPI39

GZLJY-X50S3-0S20D-NFRF9

W3J5U-8U66N-D0B9M-54SLM

EC0Q6-QN7UH-5S3JB-YZMEK

UVQW0-X54FE-QW35Q-SNZF5

FJJTJ-J0FLF-QCVBK-A287M

regards

kantry123

Another Way Would Be You Using A Text Hosting Site Like Pastebin etc. And Sharecoding The Link For That :)

Sorry will edit asap

RLDGN-OV9WU-5W589-6VZH1

HUDWE-UO689-6D27B-YM28M

UK3DV-E0MNW-MLQYX-GENA1

398ND-QNAGY-CMMZU-ZPI39

GZLJY-X50S3-0S20D-NFRF9

W3J5U-8U66N-D0B9M-54SLM

EC0Q6-QN7UH-5S3JB-YZMEK

UVQW0-X54FE-QW35Q-SNZF5

FJJTJ-J0FLF-QCVBK-A287M

regards

kantry123

Sorry will edit asap

working just fine so far no problem (retail installer) thanks

idmg.png

sadly hosts method fails

see how IDM rewrite my hosts file back to dcs18 method

#127.0.0.1 184.173.188.104 127.0.0.1 184.173.188.107127.0.0.1 internetdownloadmanager.com#27.0.0.1 www.internetdownloadmanager.com#27.0.0.1 registeridm.com#27.0.0.1 www.registeridm.com#

@ dcs18/Taker

A funny thing I have noticed today after another fake serial pop up with my Kaspersky fw is that all the ip addresses in my list have a suffix "/32" in them.

This happens even after I enter the 20 ip list by copy paste and save the configuration for idm rule. Then when I revisit the address list its been automatically changed to as follows:

50.22.78.28/32,50.22.78.29/32,50.22.78.31/32,50.97.41.98/32,50.97.82.44/32,69.41.163.49/32,69.41.163.149/32,75.125.34.148/32,75.125.34.157/32,173.255.137.80/32,173.255.134.84/32,174.127.73.80/32,174.127.73.85/32,184.173.188.104/32,184.173.188.106/32,184.173.188.107/32,202.134.64.74/32,207.44.199.16/32,207.44.199.159/32,207.44.199.165/32

I delete them all ,paste them again from your list and it changes to this by itself!!!!

What the hell man!!!

What's happening here?

@ Levo

Thanks for reporting this - as far as Kaspersky is concerned, Taker is the best man on this thread to demystify your issue. :think:

sadly hosts method fails

see how IDM rewrite my hosts file back to dcs18 method

#127.0.0.1 184.173.188.104 127.0.0.1 184.173.188.107127.0.0.1 internetdownloadmanager.com#27.0.0.1 www.internetdownloadmanager.com#27.0.0.1 registeridm.com#27.0.0.1 www.registeridm.com#
Yeah.and if we use that lifetime version

It gives again a fake serial popup

So..ya..thanks for permanent method...so far

And yeah..!

Kaspersky users in firewall there is an option that enable firewall till computer shuts down...

Check that option is ticked

That should possibly avoid the fake serial popus on boot

Regards

Just a head up regarding hosts method. If we take away the modify permission for the hosts from Trusted Installer (ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES in Win 8 or later, I guess), will IDM still be able to rewrite the hosts? :naughty:

This is how the permissions are set for ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES by default:

screenshot_1404447369.png

• Matrix locked this topic
  • Reefa unlocked this topic

Archived