"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

can someone send me a 91 days trial code please?

thank you

you're definitely in the wrong section. :hehe:

Configurations for Users of Kaspersky firewall is illustrated (in French,) as follows:

Example only Kaspersky:

s5YkmZj.png

s5YkmZj.png

VTNWDgT.png

ArBPsoj.png

uFx0iJT.png

b2ballb.png

The 2nd image in above quoted illustration needs to be fixed with this one14px-U%2B2193.svg.png

6iCeTKG.jpg

Here's the complete guide (in English) on how to configure Kaspersky Firewall for a particular application (In This Case used for File Explorer. Users/members may use this for IDM as well, but need to pay a little attention while configuring manual IP addresses. See screenshot #7, it is selected as any address which needs to be Changed to Addresses from the List :--

In order to block access of an application to the Internet, you can create a rule for an application in Firewall settings. to do this perform the following actions:
  • Open Kaspersky Internet Security 2014.
  • At the right bottom corner of the window click Settings.

voRZlvW.jpg

• In the Settings window on the Protection Center tab select Firewall.

RW1SwlM.jpg

• In the Firewall settings window click the Configure application rules link.

47NtOBy.jpg

• In the Application management window right-click the required application and select Details and rules from the open context menu.

5J55BV4.jpg

• In the Application rules window go to the Network rules tab and click the Add button.

RsLpIon.jpg

• In the Add window select Block from the drop-down menu in the Action section.
  • In the Name section enter *Your Custom Rule Name -- IDM Blocking*.
  • In Addresses from the List, choose the Manual IP addresses (20 in total), already shared at the Post #1 by dcs18 --><< C o n f i g u r a t o r >> The Perfectionist
  • At the bottom of the window check the Log events box to keep events in the report.
  • Click the Add button.

0RLhh5M.jpg

• Your *Custom Rule Name -- IDM Blocking* with the Block action status appears in the Application rules window on the Network rules tab.
  • Click the Save button.

XmZ7pJJ.jpg

• Close the Application management window.
  • Close the application window.

EnJoY! :)

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 998.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is It Just Me Or ...

Taker's Style Of Writing Illustrated Above Reminds Me Of A V.i.P Member :think:

I tried it with norton but its not working. Does anybody knows how to get it work with norton.

ffP5aOP.jpg

2fcrWut.jpg

Check HERE might be helped you, If not simply leave it..

instead using firewall . can i use internet lock to lock 20 ips? this app can block ip, address,domain,.. and more

instead using firewall . can i use internet lock to lock 20 ips? this app can block ip, address,domain,.. and more

Give it a try.

Is It Just Me Or ...

Well in that case I must say, You have terrible sixth sense. :tehe:

I had enough, Now you won't hear anything from me. ;)

Is It Just Me Or ...

Before Going Could You Tell Me Are You november_ra1n ???

Those 19 IPs can't prevent IDM from dialing home. Got fake serial pop up today with one IP missing in the firewall. So, gotta need all those 20 IPs to be blocked.

It is not recommended (check post # 53) to remove any of those 20 IPs since I expect IDM folks might rotate the functionalities between their IPs. :(

Nevertheless, shall make the necessary changes at the OP soon. :yes:

Here's the complete guide . . . . . . . . . . .

I am including your English version to the OP in just a few moments. :yes:

Does anybody knows how to get it work with norton.

Shall issue an appeal on your behalf to the community in just a little while. :)

I am sure that Internet Lock is quite a potent weapon - please do let us know how it goes. ;)

Is It Just Me Or ...

Before Going Could You Tell Me Are You november_ra1n ???

I think he is not november_ra1n. He has bad English.

One can use any firewall however, Users of Windows Firewall / Control (prior to version 4.1.0.0,) need to create 2 rules (1 Block rule + 1 Allow rule) for IDM as per the following illustrations:

No, successor to 4.1.0.0 also needs to create two rules because without the allow rule in place in WFC, IDM won't access the network.

Yep, you are right - learned about the same yesterday, when I tried the latest WFC 4.1.0.1, to concatenate an Allow rule with a Block rule. :doh:

Guys ,

I am usin Kaspersky firewall and the method described here worked for me,but it only lasted 2 days,I am getting the "Idm is registered with fake serial and is quitting" ,since today.

I retraced my steps to look If i missed any step, also checked the ip list again but still no go.

Any suggestions?

I don't understand why fake serial blah blah bullshit when I use only main 3 IP's for about 2 weeks and everything is OK

WVR15gE.png

Capture.png

I don't understand why fake serial blah blah bullshit when I use only main 3 IP's for about 2 weeks and everything is OK

Capture.PNG?_subject_uid=132569642&w=AAC

your Image Capture Is Not Viewable Here, Can You Upload To Another Host :rolleyes:

your Image Capture Is Not Viewable Here, Can You Upload To Another Host :rolleyes:

Uploaded now on postimg and imgur and how is now pls tell me, I don't understand why dropbox is not accepted

WVR15gE.png

Capture.png

Are you by any chance also using your hosts file edited with the rest of the hosts instead of the resolved IPs (as described in my post # 15)?

Uploaded now on postimg and imgur and how is now pls tell me, I don't understand why dropbox is not accepted

Both The imgur And postimage Captures Are Visible :thumbsup:

Guys ,

I am usin Kaspersky firewall and the method described here worked for me,but it only lasted 2 days,I am getting the "Idm is registered with fake serial and is quitting" ,since today.

I retraced my steps to look If i missed any step, also checked the ip list again but still no go.

Any suggestions?

Can you please cross-check your Kaspersky configuration (again) with the OP - have just updated it with Taker's English pictorial instructions. :)

by using kaspersky firewall i blocked those 20 ips...problem is idm website downloads idm setup file easily ...then how come these ips prevent form inbound and outbound rules...followed dcs18 first post ...

by using kaspersky firewall i blocked those 20 ips...problem is idm website downloads idm setup file easily ...then how come these ips prevent form inbound and outbound rules...followed dcs18 first post ...

Can you post the IDM screenshot after navigating to Help >> Check for updates...?

Can you please cross-check your Kaspersky configuration (again) with the OP - have just updated it with Taker's English pictorial instructions. :)

Yup ,i did cross check every thing,both the configuration and ip list also!.

Interestingly if i refeed the same data in registration then it works for a while ,actually downloads correctly also without any nags.

Do we also need to also block off other components of the install like idmgrhelp etc apart from the exe.?,

If I check for updates it says i am running the latest version of idman to check for updates later!!!!!

So with all those ip blocked ,how is it communicating with idm servers?!!!!.

Interestingly if i refeed the same data in registration then it works for a while ,actually downloads correctly also without any nags.

Do we also need to also block off other components of the install like idmgrhelp etc apart from the exe.?,

ATM, only Users of the Kaspersky firewall are facing an issue - wish I could have personally helped (unfortunately - am running Windows Firewall Control.)

On my systems, many programs & applications are blocked, by default - including IDMGrHlp.exe (however, don't think IDMGrHlp.exe is the problem - others would have reported it.)

ATM, only Users of the Kaspersky firewall are facing an issue - wish I could have personally helped (unfortunately - am running Windows Firewall Control.)

On my systems, many programs & applications are blocked, by default - including IDMGrHlp.exe (however, don't think IDMGrHlp.exe is the problem - others would have reported it.)

Like he said IDMGrHlp.exe Is Not The Problem, Just Blocking IDMan.exe Here In My Firewall And Still Enjoying IDM Without Any Hassle.

Here's the complete guide (in English) on how to configure Kaspersky Firewall for a particular application (In This Case used for File Explorer. Users/members may use this for IDM as well, . . . . . . . . .

Can we bother you to post Kaspersky screenshots for IDM instead of File Explorer - with corresponding reference made specifically to those 20 IPs from my OP. :)

• Matrix locked this topic
  • Reefa unlocked this topic

Archived