"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

I am afraid but if the above is not showing on ur PC it might get de-registered soon bcoz its leaking the IPs....try the second solution offered in my comment above.

I applied that too. . . same problem . . Even its KIS15 latest build ( released yesterday ) . . . & not facing this sh** problem -_-

Budyut it's working fine here

With kis 15 previous build..I used to get this prob only sometimes

But frm the yesterday's NEWer BUILD I've haven't got any till now

Pls...do check in firewall settings

That an option should be ticked that

Don't turn off firewall till computer shuts down

Also

A piece of advice disable IDM module auto startup

That will surely help u

if u can't still fix then...I can help u with a teamvier session

Regards

He geing internet trough checking for updates i just installed kis in a vm there's 2 ways you can block ips if your haveing problems with it leaking thorgh the app you can just block the ip headon .

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am afraid but if the above is not showing on ur PC it might get de-registered soon bcoz its leaking the IPs....try the second solution offered in my comment above.

I applied that too. . . same problem . . Even its KIS15 latest build ( released yesterday ) . . . & not facing this sh** problem -_-

Budyut it's working fine here

With kis 15 previous build..I used to get this prob only sometimes

But frm the yesterday's NEWer BUILD I've haven't got any till now

Pls...do check in firewall settings

That an option should be ticked that

Don't turn off firewall till computer shuts down

Also

A piece of advice disable IDM module auto startup

That will surely help u

if u can't still fix then...I can help u with a teamvier session

Regards

Ok, then help little thus . . . Just came to this topic today . . Did not read all the pages ( 52 ) . . so for faster result help necessary

I tested if you really want to get it blocked just follow the steps on the 1st page like normal then go to configure packet rules to any network activity put in 184.173.188.107 just like the screenshot above works 100% no need to turn idm off on start up if your having to do that it means your leaking. Anyone who says KIS dont work blocking IPs means they dont have it blocked right.

Another thing I have it working with just blocking like it said on the 1st page , You need to move the IDM.exe down in low restricted If you leave it in trusted KIS will remove your app rules if you dont

vdxOwss.png

This is working for me so far with out blocking it head on watching it with a ip sniffer and checking for updates nothing is getting trough .

If KIS keeps removing the rules the only solution would be to block all 21 ips head on . You need to keep and eye out to make sure there not removing your app rules.

Edit:

Method 1 : Blocking ips thorough app rules.

Pros: you can still access homepage without a proxy

Cons: If you uninstall it you need to run the clean up file to reinstall it easy. you need to remake your rules every time.

Its best not to install over top and just do clean installs because kaspersky will remove your rules anyway (This is why every one is getting a fake serial)

KIS removes your rules and puts it back in the trusted zone when updating.

Method 2: Blocking ips thorough any network activity

Pros: You can uninstall it and reinstall it without cleaning the registry or you can install it over top on updates.

You dont have to remake your rules to reinstall it or to install over top. You can leave the app in the trusted zone.

Cons: You cant access IDM page without a proxy .

How To Block IPs Thorough Any network activity With KIS 2015 See Screen Shots

2q4kC0A.jpg
IV2JEZ0.jpg

The latest IDM CC 7.3.87 add-on made compatible for Users of Mozilla Firefox Nightly V35 :–

Site: http://www.mediafire.com
Sharecode[?]: /download/uzpedr16fiauhzk

My yesterday's solution got solved . . . Actually the kaspersky firewall blocking method is all ok . . But I was using proxy app . . Hence network gets differ than primary & IDM get's the chance to dial home being unrestricted from the kaspersky firewall . . . What I did just block IDM app through the proxy app too by adding those IP hosts . . . Now all's fine :showoff:

My yesterday's solution got solved . . . Actually the kaspersky firewall blocking method is all ok . . But I was using proxy app . . Hence network gets differ than primary & IDM get's the chance to dial home being unrestricted from the kaspersky firewall . . . What I did just block IDM app through the proxy app too by adding those IP hosts . . . Now all's fine :showoff:

Blocking thorough App rules has not really been OK since KIS 9 .. Always when you add rules they remove them on updates .. I know some who use to use KIS who quit using when v9 came out and still they not fixed it . It dont remember your rules on updates . Blocking trough Any Network activity works fine for KIS though . I tested it on Build 10 stays registered. If your useing other APPS to block it whats the use of having a extremal FW . I know how to block ips with no FW at all even . :)

Its been like that for years

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=200860

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=158073

When I tested it yesterday KIS 2015 the problem is still there it seems there never going fix back to a good FW like was in KIS 7

Unfortunately I couldn't get IDM to work properly with firewall method.....

Facts :
1. I uninstalled patched IDM with Revo Pro + rebooted
2. checked / cleaned registry manually
3. cleaned registry with available tools (
IDM Cleaner.BAT, IDM leftovers cleaner.bat, IDM Toolkit.exe )
4. set a restore point
5. installed trial version of IDM
Left IDM to work in trial mode for 2 days and everything was OK in spite of many REBOOTS.

Then :
6. set next restore point
7. registered IDM (block rules for IDM were created in WFC days earlier and checked to work fine)
Newly registered IDM worked fine ONLY UNTIL REBOOT.
8. Fake serial nag screen showed up immediately after reboot
9. restored my system to the point before registration (p. #6) and repeated :
10. registered IDM ---> IDM worked fine.
11. DISCONNECTED INTERNET and then rebooted
12. even completely OFFLINE - Fake serial nag screen showed up immediately after REBOOT again.

=================================================================================================

CONCLUSION :

1. Looks like it's not a problem of leaking firewall :
- all tests were positive
- registered prog
started flagging the popup saying fake serial - even after completely OFFLINE reboot -
2. Probably not a problem of old registration leftovers as well, since IDM registration was accepted in a first place (untill reboot)

What might be a culprit then, that I keep loosing IDM registration after each reboot ?

If you have any ideas, I am all ears.

Your blacklisted in the registry ..If its really blocked or with your net is off once you register it and get a fake serial box wait a second a 2nd box will open to register again. Register it again if your blocked or your net is off it will say it cant connect to the internet and let it shut down then open it back up it will be registered.

Also there's a cleanup file in the 1st post you can run that to register it again. Once you get it registered you need to check for updates , if it says you have latest version 184.173.188.107 is getting thorough . Last time I had trouble with WFC this what I done I just switched 184.173.188.107 to the 1st ip and added my rules again and it blocked it I been installing over top every since when i check for updates or use ip sniffer its still blocked .

Just using Revo even when I trace IDM installer when i uninstall it with Revo its not even removing the serial from the registry . I tested it 2 times I uninstalled build 10 with Revo the serial stays in the registry but my rules blocking with WFC stays too and its just fine to reinstall it. So no need for me to clean the registry.

Thanks for your reply, Steven36,

Please, read my previous post again since I edited it.

1. No, I don't get fake serial info straight after registration. It flags that info AFTER REBOOT only !

2. Under #3 from my previous post I wrote that I cleaned registry : manually + using 3 cleaning tools (IDM Cleaner.BAT from OP was one of them)

Do you think that after such complex cleaning I could still be blacklisted in the registry ? If it was true I would get the fake serial info at once not after reboot only.

3. 184.173.188.107 is on the first position on blocked IPs list in my WFC.

In my thinking it mustn't be a firewall problem though. I got fake serial AFTER REBOOT (registration was accepted first !!!!) , when operating in completely OFFLINE mode.

4, I agree with you that Revo leaves a lot behind. Threfore I used Revo in the first place only. After that I did the complex cleaning (manual and with all available tools)

So nothing you listed applies to my situation. Any other ideas ???

Your blacklisted in the registry ..If its really blocked or with your net is off once you register it and get a fake serial box wait a second a 2nd box will open to register again. Register it again if your blocked or your net is off it will say it cant connect to the internet and let it shut down then open it back up it will be registered.

Also there's a cleanup file in the 1st post you can run that to register it again. Once you get it registered you need to check for updates , if it says you have latest version 184.173.188.107 is getting thorough . Last time I had trouble with WFC this what I done I just switched 184.173.188.107 to the 1st ip and added my rules again and it blocked it I been installing over top every since when i check for updates or use ip sniffer its still blocked .

Just using Revo even when I trace IDM installer when i uninstall it with Revo its not even removing the serial from the registry . I tested it 2 times I uninstalled build 10 with Revo the serial stays in the registry but my rules blocking with WFC stays too and its just fine to reinstall it. So no need for me to clean the registry.

Steven36

Something went wrong when writing the previous post (my quoting you went to the next window) so I HAVE TO send this post also.

I'm awaiting your opinions. But read please my previous post.carefully.

If you registered and you reboot and get a fake serial , somehow its leaking internet . If you run the clean up file that explains why your getting registered Even If you your internet is leaking through it will let you get registered but after reboot it will fail . Ive had it happen to me before.

What happens when check for updates ? Fake serials just dont happen for no reason .

What do you use for an Anti-Virus? Some Anti Virus has been known to cause loop back, but if you were looping back you could check for updates and see it was doing it.

It has be your Firewall is leaking because I'm using the very same thing on windows 8.1 and I dont have any problems . All WFC does is control windows FW is all.

Try this make another block rule besides the 2 you have to just block 184.173.188.107

Like This:

7rGQX60.png

Steven36 read here : //www.nsaneforums.com/topic/222515-prevent-idm-other-programs-from-dialing-home/?p=837623 from #9 :

- I restored my system to the point with IDM just installed and working fine as trial (it means no leftovers in registry, right?)

- registered and IDM still was working fine (internet connected)

- DISCONNECTED INTERNET (disconnected a line completely)

- OFFLINE : rebooted

- OFFLINE : even being completely OFFLINE - Fake serial nag screen showed up immediately after REBOOT again.

This shows clearly that it's not firewall leaking problem. Will you agree?

PS.

To be absolutely sure I 'll add the extra rule you advised to me.

Steven36 read here : //www.nsaneforums.com/topic/222515-prevent-idm-other-programs-from-dialing-home/?p=837623 from #9 :

- I restored my system to the point with IDM just installed and working fine as trial (it means no leftovers in registry, right?)

- OFFLINE : even being completely OFFLINE - Fake serial nag screen showed up immediately after REBOOT again.

This shows clearly that it's not firewall leaking problem. Will you agree?

IDM called home registry contaminated

Too late done called home.

Checks were triggered from when you registered online already .

Edit: I just got AVG Internet Security 2015 working with there FW tonight with IDM ... WFC is much easier to figure out than AVG . Always before I register I check for updates and stuff to make sure its not calling home then once it says its blocked I register .

So what is your finall diagnose ? Firewall leak or contaminated registry ?

If registry -

I used manual cleaning and 3 available tools (listed in post #1037 - # 3).

RKKDJB tried to help me in that via Team Viewer as well.

What I can do more ?

I'd hate to have to format the HDD to get IDM to work. :( Hope someone can find a fix anyway.

If registry -

What I can do more ?

I'd hate to have to format the HDD to get IDM to work. :( Hope someone can find a fix anyway.

Both once you get it cleaned out again I would check for updates before i put a key in it I would reboot a few times each time id check for updates .It should be like that picture posted here by RKKDJB

//www.nsaneforums.com/topic/222515-prevent-idm-other-programs-from-dialing-home/page-52?do=findComment&comment=836919

If registry -

What I can do more ?

Both once you get it cleaned out again I would check for updates before i put a key in it I would reboot a few times each time id check for updates .It should be like that picture posted here by RKKDJB

//www.nsaneforums.com/topic/222515-prevent-idm-other-programs-from-dialing-home/page-52?do=findComment&comment=836919

Thank you steven36. So let's try all over again. Will inform you about findings. :)

While this is a nice idea....

Adding the IP's one at a time in most firewall programs in a PITA

So i still use the fixed version...

Most FW you can add them all at once...not one at a time there's some fw you must add 1 at a time but most you can add them all at once.

Most FW you can add them all at once...not one at a time there's some fw you must add 1 at a time but most you can add them all at once.

Emsisoft Online Armor is the one . You have to work hard to add all 22 IPs one by one.

More ... you even can't copy & paste them one by one - you have to type each number separately from your keyboard ! O gosh !

And finally you end up with IPs unnecessarily blocked for a whole computer...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually in most you cant

You certainly cant in comodo, which is what i know a lot on here use.....its fricking exhausting creating the same rule 22 times....thats nucking futs when theres a working patch or fixed .exe....

And it seems as though, going on recent posts on here that its not working 100% based on the IP blocking theory anyways....

One mustnt forget the IDM author probably visits here :)

A Fixed .exe or patch will still be the main way people get around the checks, especially when you do as i did earlier and try to download the xpi and find you cant because of the firewall rules......so yes i have tested all ways and the IP has many downsides.

If registry -

What I can do more ?

Thank you steven36. So let's try all over again. Will inform you about findings. :)

Well, RKKDJB offered to have a look via Team V once more and it paid off.

Finally he found a culprit : WFC was blocking IDM correctly but Emsosoft Antimalware was interrupting and somehow letting IDM out.

......................................................................................................................................................................................................................

I simply can't believe I'm free from struggling with IDM / firewall method now. It took me about 1 month to get this method work properly in my rig.

GREAT THANKS to steven36 and ESPECIALLY TO RKKDJB :cheers: HE IS A KING ! :king:

How to Prevent IDM from calling home with AVG Internet Security 2015

1. Click on Firewall. Go to settings. Always make sure to leave firewall in automatic mode,
2. Click on applications . click on add .now browse to path of IDM and add IDMan.exe click open . then click create.
3, Now change it to advanced settings .Now click on add. make settings for protocol TCP, direction both ways , local ports all ports.
remote ports all ports .Remote addresses add the 21 ips by clicking on edit as text .set to block .Name your rule if you wish .
4. Make sure to trun IDM off from automatic stratup because AVG is slow at loading up.

See Screen Screen Shots

MwQpqMQ.jpg
VOb3LSW.jpg
mwZ921f.png

Many programs have diffrent ips

Here are 3 Ips for PotPlayer

PotPlayer are known to collect your data , you can block these ips and still stream videos that are online..

Thank you for IP's to be blocked. Should I create allowing rules for PotPlayer also ?

Many programs have diffrent ips

Here are 3 Ips for PotPlayer

PotPlayer are known to collect your data , you can block these ips and still stream videos that are online..

Thank you for IP's to be blocked. Should I create allowing rules for PotPlayer also ?

yes one rule blocked one rule allowed using wfc .The latest beta you can stream YouTube videos with it

Daum PotPlayer 1.6.49775 Beta

http://get.daum.net/PotPlayer/Beta/PotPlayerSetup.exe

Browser View Plus (PlayLink) you can use this to open videos easy with Pot

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/playlink/

• Matrix locked this topic
  • Reefa unlocked this topic

Archived