"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

6 minutes ago, knowledge said:
1 hour ago, Recruit said:

The method with routing the IDM traffic through Adguard by my friend Taker still works fine for me.
Just I had to add some additional lines with the new IPs. Quite an easy job for everyone. ^_^

Greetings,

;)

is y Adguard  one of the best plus tell Taker  were he is nowdays  ill be looking for him soon

BTW, since you're using the same firewall since a pretty long time — did either of you notice that it's possible to terminate Windows 10 Firewall Control with the Task Manager? :naughty:

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

BTW, since you're using the same firewall since a pretty long time — did either of you notice that it's possible to terminate Windows 10 Firewall Control with the Task Manager? :naughty:

Windows 10 Firewall Control i don't like this app. This app there are many bugs

P/s:  With me ! Firewall Windows / IPsec / DNSCrypt Proxy / Ublock Orgin / OpenVPN ===> All the best

6 minutes ago, hamanokaito said:
29 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

Windows 10 Firewall Control i don't like this app. This app there are many bugs

P/s:  With me ! Firewall Windows / IPsec / DNSCrypt Proxy / Ublock Orgin / OpenVPN ===> All the best

Have encountered a few bugs in the brief 48 hours of my testing — which bugs did you come across? yXZVmpE.gif

53 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

Oh, yeah....I saw it.

I haven't tested too many firewalls.
Are there some firewalls with ELAM driver used to protect the service? :think:

30 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

Have encountered a few bugs in the brief 48 hours of my testing — which bugs did you come across? yXZVmpE.gif

I alway got high cpu when use protocols P2P.

2 minutes ago, Recruit said:

Oh, yeah....I saw it.

I haven't tested too many firewalls.

If you use taskmanager or command stop service of Windows 10 Firewall Control you will got lost connect all network.

6 minutes ago, Recruit said:

Have not tried any drivers — but, have used a couple of workarounds.

5 minutes ago, hamanokaito said:

I alway got high cpu when use protocols P2P.

I see — which P2P client were you using when you noticed the issue?

7 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

a couple of workarounds

Please share them with us! :naughty:

26 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

Have not tried any drivers — but, have used a couple of workarounds.

I see — which P2P client were you using when you noticed the issue?

I use tixati.

If i use idm download 1 file max speed. I still got high cpu <== So sad

Well ! i don't understand that software <=> Windows 10 Firewall Control

And i got bugs can't show infor block or ask for connect when have app connect to network. 🙄

knowledge-Spammer

if u have bugs with Windows 10 Firewall Control  we can help u no problems

is best program  no firewall like it i think the more u use it the better it is real

knowledge-Spammer
2 hours ago, dcs18 said:

sure i  no this and u can kill it with Process Lasso

but i think real is no problems for me as i use shadowmode with this program  and little things like

i do not need a firewall program but as its the best program how i cant use it

i do not rely  on just one program for security :)

39 minutes ago, knowledge said:

is best program  no firewall like it i think the more u use it the better it is real

Ok, tks for help !

P/s: BUT, Well ! I always have trouble using Windows 10 Firewall Control , i will never use this soft again,

And now ! i have to got sleep, see you again!

knowledge-Spammer
5 minutes ago, hamanokaito said:

Ok, tks for help !

P/s: BUT, Well ! I always have trouble using Windows 10 Firewall Control , i will never use this soft again,

sorry u feel this way about  a good program but ill not make u use it as u is boss of your own security  ;)

45 minutes ago, hamanokaito said:

I use tixati.

If i use idm download 1 file max speed. I still got high cpu <== So sad

Well ! i don't understand that software <=> Windows 10 Firewall Control

And i got bugs can't show infor block or ask for connect when have app connect to network. 🙄

IDM is working fine, here . . . . I'm a uTorrent user — however, the zone is the same for Tixati. Have not yet had the opportunity to create my P2P zone.

The IDM zone did not live-up to my exacting standards — had to make exhaustive changes. Also, one look at the in-built P2P zone was enough to reveal a glaring flaw — it allows everything by default:—

VavlojB.png

Can't emphasize enough — how imperative it is . . . . . for the discerning User to create his own custom zones.

1 hour ago, hamanokaito said:

If you use taskmanager or command stop service of Windows 10 Firewall Control you will got lost connect all network.

Nah, internet is not lost after the service of Windows 10 Firewall Control — to the contrary, all apps. & programs (including blocked ones) are then able to dial home.

But then, that's not even the point — a link in the chain of security system as important as the firewall should never be susceptible to termination by other apps. & programs.

26 minutes ago, knowledge said:

Please help me to resolve the following bug — actually, it's a vulnerability that can be a deal-breaker for any serious enthusiast:—

2 hours ago, dcs18 said:

<snip> it's possible to terminate Windows 10 Firewall Control with the Task Manager? :naughty:

knowledge-Spammer
2 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

Please help me to resolve the following bug — actually, it's a vulnerability that can be a deal-breaker for any serious enthusiast:—

2 hours ago, dcs18 said:

<snip> it's possible to terminate Windows 10 Firewall Control with the Task Manager? :naughty:

i think if  just kill exe and not service exe it will still block programs i think not 100%  on that

but as i am sure  we have talked about things like this befor when programs can be killed with program like ProcessLasso

as i am sure u understand much service  exe can be killed with things like cmd and shell and more

but i am like u i no like it  maybe we need a topic for things like how to stop service  exe from been stoped or killed  this i think be a good topic and much to learn  about it ill start to think of ways to make sure service  cant be killed but its not going to be a easy thing to do with all the programs people use nowdays

much things have  vulnerability  then we real think

4 minutes ago, knowledge said:
13 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

3 hours ago, dcs18 said:

much things have  vulnerability  then we real think

While bugs can be pardoned, this particular vulnerability is so unforgivably serious that it disqualifies Windows 10 Firewall Control as a potential weapon in ones security arsenal — not surprising that the last time I used it, it took me hardly 10 minutes to pronounce this adverse verdict.

knowledge-Spammer

your head is the real firewall

but i have talked with  the  developer befor ill ask about this more as u have said  its real a big vulnerability

but if u use windows it have biger vulnerability then this program

Well Guys,

How I said earlier: I am not the smartest guy from the world and here there are lots other people better than myself.

I have no idea how to do it.

I know that some anti viruses and anti-malwares use a ELAM (Early Launch Anti-Malware) driver that is able to create a protected service.

This .sys driver needs to be signed by Microsoft, with a special certificate that shows it is a Early Launch AM Driver.

Only some software vendors are able to get this certificate for their drivers.

More information here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/install/elam-prerequisites

@dcs18

If you have any other alternatives, please teach me or us.

Greetings,

;)

your head is the real firewall

In that case, why use Windows 10 Firewall Control or any firewall — for that matter why even use any sort of security (when something . . . . . anything calls home as it IS bound to, just imagine in your mind for it to be blocked.) :lol:

but i have talked with  the  developer befor ill ask about this more as u have said  its real a big vulnerability

but if u use windows it have biger vulnerability then this program

2 wrongs do not make 1 right — just because Windows has a vulnerability (bigger or smaller,) does that make it right for Windows 10 Firewall Control to justify carrying forward such a serious vulnerability . . . . . . over all these years?

Not to forget — Windows vulnerabilities get addressed sooner or later (a completely different matter that Microsoft resolves one issue and introduces 10 more.) :P

3 minutes ago, Recruit said:

If you have any other alternatives, please teach me or us.

Greetings,

;)

I will, after some time — just busy with some deployments, right now.

ATM, thinking seriously of trying-out ZoneAlarm Pro 2018 before locking-on to Windows 10 Firewall Control.

knowledge-Spammer
1 minute ago, dcs18 said:

In that case, why use Windows 10 Firewall Control or any firewall — for that matter why even use any sort of security (when something . . . . . anything calls home as it IS bound to, just imagine in your mind for it to be blocked.) :lol:

if u see my comments i said real i not need a firewall  but i use this program to watch what is going on  and it helps save me data 

plus i block much things in my head and on pc with out firewalls  but i understand  what u mean 100% this is some thing ill be looking at much more now

2 wrongs do not make 1 right — just because Windows has a vulnerability (bigger or smaller,) does that make it right for Windows 10 Firewall Control to justify carrying forward such a serious vulnerability . . . . . . over all these years?

i never said it can make 2 wrongs right   i was just saying in todays times we all have to watch not just programs but the windows we use and more  but again i am with u 100% u is right

Not to forget — Windows vulnerabilities get addressed sooner or later (a completely different matter that Microsoft resolves one issue and introduces 10 more.) :P

I will, after some time — just busy with some deployments, right now.

ATM, thinking seriously of trying-out ZoneAlarm Pro 2018 before locking-on to Windows 10 Firewall Control.

sure Microsoft is big team   but  none is perfect its like i said we all have much to learn and  its mean not just us the users but the developers

the problem is some developer  is big and some not    i hope and will talk with developer  100% about this more  thats for sure but ill not give up on this program  some as with ccleaner i keep to what i no and like  u may think is crazy but its me :)

Business Calendar 2 is now v2.31.0

WHAT'S NEW

- auto-completion from history for title and location now is a free feature
- inviting contacts directly when entering the event title now is a free feature
- auto-completion of location based on contact addresses now is a free feature
- new option to hide checkboxes in agenda and task widgets
- improved sharing of locations from Google Maps to BC 2
- bug fixes

48 minutes ago, knowledge said:

if u see my comments i said real i not need a firewall

but i use this program to watch what is going on  and it helps save me data

Hope you notice your own contradiction.

the problem is some developer  is big and some not     i hope and will talk with developer  100% about this more  thats for sure but ill not give up on this program  some as with ccleaner i keep to what i no and like  u may think is crazy but its me :)

Big or small cannot be offered as an excuse — Alex of Binisoft, the Developer of Windows Firewall Control (WFC) is a much more smaller fry than Sphinx, the Developer of Windows 10 Firewall Control.

As an mere example, see for yourself who is the one to suffer — the mileage speaks for itself (check out the following page):—

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/forums/other-firewalls.31/

but ill not give up on this program  some as with ccleaner i keep to what i no and like  u may think is crazy but its me :)

Whether you'll give-up on Windows 10 Firewall Control or not is the least of anybody's concern.

In as far as I'm concerned, I'm having second thoughts despite having resolved the issue, in question — there are some other concerns which I'll post ASAP.

knowledge-Spammer

no Hope you notice your own contradiction.  real  ill say again i am loyal  to the things i like nomatter  how bad is i stay loyal  

i no want fight with u about little comments real as my friend u is  we need to think ways passed this but ill said ill talk with developer 

as far as I'm concerned  this is still best program or one of them  sure is not perfect  but what is nowdays  not much   ill comment more when i think of ways to fix this or talked with developer  i have tested much firewalls  and for me this one a keeper  and ill end nw as real we just talk but no help fix shame we all smart people   but we cant agree  on little things nomatter ill stay loyal   :drunk:

"How To Make The Service Of Your Security System Persistent"

Method # 1:

Spoiler

U7WV1I1.png

6p6zb5R.png

Method # 2:

Spoiler

T2NxUbU.png

LL69WNN.png

Method # 3:

Spoiler

. . . . . . . . . . use both — Method # 1 and Method # 2.

1 hour ago, knowledge said:

ill say again i am loyal

i am loyal

ill stay loyal   :drunk:

I'm afraid — I'm realistic.

ill talk with developer

Don't bother — after your previous post, I've decided to uninstall this PoS. RL8WwPy.gif

• Matrix locked this topic

Archived