"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

and yeah i totally forgot the last step 

3 run this cfos command and ""C:\Program Files\cFosSpeed\spd.exe" reload -iplist  "

FIXED

Spoiler

C:\Users\A.lemane>"C:\Program Files\cFosSpeed\spd.exe" reload -iplist
reading file 'C:\ProgramData\cFos\cfosspeed\blocklist.txt' for list 'ipfilter'...
27 lines read (emule format), 0 lines ignored
sorted & optimized 'ipfilter': 2 entries removed
25 entries total (1 kb memory)
27 IPv4 addresses (0.00% of address space)
iplist settings reloaded.
filter settings are reloaded for all ports.

C:\Users\A.lemane>

edit : this is the full tuto 

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A.lemane — great out-of-the-box thinking. F3h9xqz.gif

1 hour ago, Gabarito said:

Off Topic:

What capture tool did you use to get teared borders like that?

Or simple phostoshoped it?

Thx

Nothing is off-topic on this thread, as long as it's technical. :)

Snagit has had that feature since a very long time — other screenshot apps. & programs might have it, too.

53 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

Nothing is off-topic on this thread, as long as it's technical. :)

You're right, it's a technical question.

53 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

Snagit has had that feature since a very long time — other screenshot apps. & programs might have it, too.

Thanx.

@dcs18,  it still bypass the fwb block when entering a blocklisted or random key especially when it autostart or next pc restarts because of the idm setting in registry which once run or opening idm.exe which automatically runs in adminstrator mode then reads "that key" responsible to bypass the method, should be deleted   , the old cleaner must be modified to include that one.

Will test further as im testing an old blocklisted key...  will keep you posted soon. gtg to sleep mate.

On 8/11/2015 at 2:09 PM, dcs18 said:
On 8/11/2015 at 1:42 PM, rudrax said:
On 8/11/2015 at 11:33 AM, dcs18 said:
On 8/11/2015 at 6:34 AM, rudrax said:
On 8/11/2015 at 2:08 AM, dcs18 said:
On 8/10/2015 at 8:26 AM, rudrax said:
On 8/10/2015 at 1:50 AM, dcs18 said:

Farewell, Windows Firewall Control (WFC) you lasted longer on all my systems . . . . . . . than any other firewall (time to play with the competition.) uu0vOfR.gif

And what replaces WFC?

Replaced Windows Firewall Control (WFC) and Process Lasso Pro, with COMODO Firewall.

So you are back to old school again?

It appears more Kindergarten than old school.

Was returning to COMODO after a really really long time and find that they have unnecessarily complicated the program and bloated it. COMODO is branded a standalone firewall — however, it is far from standalone.

Contracted a massive headache after attempting to create my rules, it permits the User to enter only one IP at a time — unlike WFC where Users can simply use a copy-paste of hundreds of IPs on one, single rule . . . . . . . . . . in one, single action (this clears what we could never understand; why there is no illustration on the IDM tutorial.)

Another drawback is that one cannot extract & create a rule directly from the logs.

The same issues apply to even the other COMODO modules, such as HIPS, SandBox, etc., etc.

Post-installation . . . . . . . . on my maiden COMODO run, I made the mistake of configuring it without letting the installer reboot a few times and it took me an eternity to boot to Desktop — however, not a single task could be undertaken as the kernel was not being allowed to load fully (no matter how many times I rebooted the system.)

Finally, restored to an Acronis image created just before installing COMODO, re-installed it again, allowing it to boot the system a number of times and since then have been busy with nothing else but configuring the damn thing.

Despite the best of my efforts Windows 8 Manager managed to call home and deactivate itself — the fault though was mine, for creating a faulty rule. But then again, that is exactly the point.

In a sentence, the world's most effective firewall-cum-HIPS program, COMODO has been now rendered unintuitive by its Makers. :(

Damn, sounds like you lost some weight. Well, that's good for you.

Now what - forward to WFC & PLP again??

Right now, my COMODO is fully configured — this took up almost an entire day of my life. Everything is working dandy — yes, it is more effective . . . . . . . largely due to the fact that I now have more options at auditing executables than I had with Process Lasso Pro.

However, with every rule in place using a minimalist approach and after having disabled all non-essential modules, the impact on the system and on the Windows startup lag is definitive and easily perceptible — this, on a perfectly & comprehensively tuned rig, fueled by a Core-i7 (it would impact a lower-end hardware more adversely.)

After balancing and measuring the mileage derived, drop-for-drop and juice-against-juice, I might have to switch back to my early security preference — the compelling reason being that COMODO cannot be deployed since all the settings are finely finger-printed specifically to the machine on which the configurations were originally carried out.

Looks like it's time to go back to old school, once again. yXZVmpE.gif

1 hour ago, dcs18 said:

Looks like it's time to go back to old school, once again. yXZVmpE.gif

What happened? Any problem with the setup we tried out yesterday?

IDM has been re-written with the capability of editing the hosts with heightened administrative privileges (regardless of the Read-only attribute or even if modification permissions are denied ) — clients are surely gonna be clicking the Continue button. :(

The setup we tried, is fine for a Home User — have found a way around the hurdle of deployment, on COMODO.

Now, they rewritten and tighten the main exe.   FWB is rendered useless. :( for those randomized or blocklisted keys.... will see

1 hour ago, dcs18 said:

IDM has been re-written with the capability of editing the hosts with heightened administrative privileges (regardless of the Read-only attribute or even if modification permissions are denied ) — clients are surely gonna be clicking the Continue button. :(

The setup we tried, is fine for a Home User — have found a way around the hurdle of deployment, on COMODO.

register with this 

15 hours ago, A.lemane said:

ill upload two registry files 

one to register idm and the other one dos the opposite 

IDM registration.reg

Unregister.IDM.reg

6 minutes ago, A.lemane said:

reinstalled IDM couple times & restart the pc 

Let it de-activate your copy of IDM, restart IDM and then restart PC. Are you able to bring and retain the activation successfully? :think:

18 hours ago, A.lemane said:
On 6/10/2017 at 7:38 AM, A.lemane said:

i think i found a solution but ill wait until i test it more ^^ 

guys this worked for me until now as it continue to 

anyway i thought that its worth mentioning now that it lasted all this time 

and this is what i did (require a 3rd party application to be installed & always running one that most of us already have & like)

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

and voila ^^

please test it guys and share & confirm the results ^^

A.lemane,

Innovative stuff, that — I like it (Undertaker and I were working something along those lines — but, your idea is quite original.)

You might want to collate all your findings into one nice post with step-by-step instructions — I'd be more than glad to link it up, for you.

2 hours ago, A.lemane said:
3 hours ago, dcs18 said:

register with this

Actually, I've ventured into a totally different direction and figured it out — the traditional way (there's some good news — it's in testing, though.)

However, no harm in publishing all the different ways — never mind if it stops working, too (the learning & enjoying parts are all that matters.) RlW5CMh.gif

hamanokaito

I just use permissions registry after registration any key with idm <= need edit in registry.

Now i don't have fake serial popup. :rofl:

20 minutes ago, hamanokaito said:

I just use permissions registry after registration any key with idm <= need edit in registry.

Now i don't have fake serial popup. :rofl:

I just right-click Windows Firewall Control (WFC) and place the firewall on High Filtering and I have no pop-up from any application or program on planet earth. :coolwink:

hamanokaito
4 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

I just right-click Windows Firewall Control (WFC) and place the firewall on High Filtering and I have no pop-up from any application or program on planet earth. :coolwink:

If you use firewall block ip software. You can't update online.

On me. i still update online. :lol:

7 minutes ago, hamanokaito said:

If you use firewall block ip software. You can't update online.

On me. i still update online. :lol:

At least you know that we're using the firewall method — we're not even aware of what you're using.

BTW, from where I come, only n00bs update online — it's like changing the pistons while the car is still running.

hamanokaito
3 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

At least you know that we're using the firewall method — we're not even aware of what you're using.

BTW, from where I come, only n00bs update online — it's like changing the pistons while the car is still running.

i don't change file exe of idm. I just hack registry.

IDM make keys registry. i know idm make that key and just permissions that registry. ^_^

P/s: If you need my fix, i will inbox for you.

Just now, hamanokaito said:

i don't change file exe of idm. I just hack registry.

IDM make keys registry. i know idm make that key and just permissions that registry. ^_^

In my dreams — I squirt sperm at the sun but the Milky Way slaps it away.

On a serious note, glad to see my words wiped the smile off your face and you stopped rolling on the floor.

You have something to share, welcome to write an essay — remember for the past 182 pages, you've only leeched from this thread (time you contributed — unless it's just lip service.)

10 minutes ago, hamanokaito said:

P/s: If you need my fix, i will inbox for you.

I have already got an alternate solution — please share with the people (if not here, then anywhere else.)

Once my new method is complete, I'll share it, too.

hamanokaito
1 minute ago, dcs18 said:

In my dreams — I squirt sperm at the sun but the Milky Way slaps it away.

On a serious note, glad to see my words wiped the smile off your face and you stopped rolling on the floor.

You have something to share, welcome to write an essay — remember for the past 182 pages, you've only leeched from this thread (time you contributed — unless it's just lip service.)

:rofl:. You can test fix on vmware and check my fix if you don't believe me.

I don't leeched from any forum. This fix i make it. ^_^

No, I believe you — but, read my previous post (unless you share, others won't believe you.)

hamanokaito
29 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

No, I believe you — but, read my previous post (unless you share, others won't believe you.)

Wating for me. i will make video and share fix for you test.

You can share fix for everyone. But idm will fix it ! :rofl:

P/s: I uploaded publicly

• Matrix locked this topic

Archived