dcs18

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Acronym!

Just tried that - it's working, for me.

??? :unsure:

Can you see my (red) cursor hovering over the word Yesterday - you will notice that it has not changed into a hand (which happens when the underlying text is hot-linked):--

78PZ2fi.png

hi dcs is ur eagle back?

regards

hi dcs is ur eagle back?

regards

Well, have been working at the back-end - all the time.

A rare Firefox bug captured in action:--

xWXcrtY.png

Hola dcs, a little while ago sum1 complained of the same problem, maybe SlimRock or kantry.

Upon investigation, it was found that its not Firefox thats the cuplrit but the extension/add-on(if I remember correctly it was CTR)

So, how abt trying the same in safe mode and then see.... :innocent:

The culprit (in my particular case) is Tab Mix Plus (TMP.)

I reckon this is the second time TMP has been the culprit, time to dump it? :think:

The previous bug is related to this one - Tab Mix Plus (TMP) is too precious to dump. ;)

Maybe someday, all addons like CTR, TMP may become useless :(

Unlike Microsoft and Google, folks at Mozilla are not that inflexible - wisdom is bound to prevail sooner or later.

Lazy Users of Windows Firewall Control (WFC) can now export both the WFC rules (Allow and Block) illustrated at the IDM tutorial (updated at post # 1 and post # 2) using the following download:–

Site: http://www.mediafire.com
Sharecode[?]: /download/nctpnt7ukq8nxtk/IDM_Rules.rar

Needless to mention this link shall be kept updated on a continuous basis at (post # 1 and post # 2.) RlW5CMh.gif

A rare Firefox bug captured in action:--

xWXcrtY.png

Issue just resolved - it was a PEBCAK! :showoff:

Dukun Cabul

I (still) love my Bitdefender's Firewall ........ ;)

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

EDIT

My bad ....... it's not fully working, sorry !

Not_working.png

"Blocking Skype Advertisements & Elements"

(monitor post # 2 for all updates)

After they took over Skype, Microsoft started working seriously at defeating every attempt that was being made to prevent Skype advertisements and elements as of writing this guide, no other article is available on the internet highway which overcomes the Microsoft hurdles . . . . . . . . . . . . completely.

There are tons of instructions on the net allowing successfully handle this problem.

Evidence ? Here are only few search results :

https://www.google.pl/search?q=How+to+get+trid+of+skype+ads&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&rls=Palemoon:en-US&client=palemoon&gws_rd=cr&ei=ALEzVfaHB4Pq7AbKh4HACQ

https://www.google.pl/search?q=How+to+get+trid+of+skype+ads&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&rls=Palemoon:en-US&client=palemoon&gws_rd=cr&ei=ALEzVfaHB4Pq7AbKh4HACQ#q=How+to+remove+skype+ads

https://www.google.pl/search?q=How+to+get+trid+of+skype+ads&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&rls=Palemoon:en-US&client=palemoon&gws_rd=cr&ei=ALEzVfaHB4Pq7AbKh4HACQ#q=remove+skype+ads

Method # 1 (Basic):

This method is suitable for Beginners it is already available on the net (have just added a little bit of spin to it.)

(.......)

Unfortunately, this method will only block Skype advertisements it is incapable of blocking Skype elements, as illustrated below:

(......)

1. nothing needs to be added - it functions perfectly as it is

2. blocking only one address : http://apps.skype.com/ is sufficient.

3. this method blocks either Skype advertisements or Skype elements.

Evidence below :

I have been blocking all unwanted stuff in Skype for more than one year (also far earlier than this "tutorial" was created) by blocking just this one address shown above, and my Skype window looks this way :

oFEH6uQ.png

Method # 0 (presented by me above) is wildely available on the net.

It is well tested, very simple and works perfectly and for all.

I'm not claiming methods # 1 - 4 from dcs18 tutorial won't work.

What I want to say is only - except correcting dcs18 false statements - there is no really valid reasons to use more complicated methods when the simple and working one is available.

PS

DCS18 feel free to add the above METHOD # 0 to the Skype tutorial.

DCS18 feel free to add the above METHOD # 0 to the Skype tutorial.

Nobody is forcing anybody to use any particular method - everyone is free to exercise their own options as per their own capabilities and competency. I have only tried to put forward, my best Glad it has been appreciated by the masses.

what abt the new project?

when its gonna kickstart, any chance of a glimpse, maybe via PM.

You mean Method 0 - sorry, it does not work, for me (got spammed by ad. elements - please do try it for yourself.) :(

If you don't want to try it on your own Skype - I can post the screenshots, right here - why PM?

Hopefully, Method 0 should work for others. F3h9xqz.gif

Lazy Users of Windows Firewall Control (WFC) can now export both the WFC rules (Allow and Block) illustrated at the IDM tutorial (updated at post # 1 and post # 2) using the following download:–

Site: http://www.mediafire.com

Sharecode[?]: /download/nctpnt7ukq8nxtk/IDM_Rules.rar

Just a quick feedback:-

IWDW2om.png

This will work for 64bit system, for 32 bit PROGRAM PATH will change and maybe the LOCATION as well.

Also the installation directory should be default as shown, if someone has installed IDM in another drive or partition than C:/, the rules won't work.

Have one more thing but you have already discarded it. :P

You are right, but then - they deserve all the grief for continuing to persist with a x32-bit Windows. A5qMhta.gif :P

EDIT

My bad ....... it's not fully working, sorry !

Not_working.png

Sorry about that, bro. - I was just about to link your tutorial . . . . . . . . at the first 2 posts.

If you get it working, do let us know - your work is appreciated, as always. 6HUIPBa.gif

Here is how I use Windows Firewall Control to prevent Firefox from dialing home to check for updates - it can get quite disconcerting when Firefox starts installing / upgrading itself in the middle of your browsing / surfing.

Please note - the configuration at the following graphic illustrations overrides the setting on the Firefox interface but, does not block the add-ons and search-engines from updates:--

Check out the following 8 IPs that need to be blocked:--

What about these? What are they for and can I use your IP list for all three executables?

I still want the add-ons and search-engines to update.

Mozilla Firefox Updater (updater.exe)

%ProgramFiles(x86)%)\Mozilla Firefox\updater.exe

Mozilla Maintenance Service (maintenanceservice.exe)

%ProgramFiles(x86)%)\Mozilla Maintenance Service\maintenanceservice.exe

63.245.215.111,63.245.217.44,63.245.217.137,63.245.217.138,69.195.141.178,69.195.141.179,82.103.140.40,82.103.140.42

• Matrix locked this topic
  • Reefa unlocked this topic

Archived