"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

@taker...  try updating the dns site resolved maybe that will help otherwsie lucky for us to have a near dns facility. So i understood now in your case. Nevertheless, your adguard works  beautfiully. :)

@dcs18 can you look inTO registry if you have the same settings in idman, why ipsec or fwb not working anymore ---> i saw the settings in the restricted mode in idmAN --- Did i just notice this one from latest version or not?

found this out in restrcitied access mode while doing regscanner of the D5 key . Will show later the settings once i get back home.

I noticed this a week back just forgot to inform you guys.. 

GTG back to work... talk later.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, sledge101 said:

@taker...  try updating the dns site resolved maybe that will help

I already told - I had it updated at the time of configuration as well as several times a day.

8 minutes ago, sledge101 said:

@dcs18 can you look inTO registry if you have the same settings in idman, why ipsec or fwb not working anymore ---> i saw the settings in the restricted mode in idmAN --- Did i just notice this one from latest version or not?

The recent builds are able to recognize whether the registration key is genuine — if it's not, a corresponding set of blacklisting keys is created in the registry which cause the pop-up regardless of whether the affected machine is connected to the internet or not.

As far as the IPSec and Firewall methods are concerned, the only reason for their failure is their inability to prevent the DNS spoofing and ARP cache poisoning that IDM has started indulging in, via svchosts.exe (some firewalls which possess anti-DNS spoofing and anti-ARP cache poisoning capabilities such as the COMODO firewall continue to work though.)

hamanokaito
1 hour ago, sledge101 said:

So far i tested and confirmed working in latest build under windows 10 1703/ 8.1/7

Adguard

DNSCRypt

InternetLock

Registry permission block (restore issues not only the parent key but their branch keys as well) need not to block all  clsid under registry just the idm clsid in registry.. so as not to affect other clsid programs.  Overall if you know the method, quite good as my feedback. 

Cfosspeed :  personally not tested as no cfosspeed installed. :)

Cleaner should be updated especially finding empty clsid keys on specific registry for idm  besides doing reg thrash cleaning method just in case.

Ok. I got it.

I write backup auto reg. If you have issues just need restore permission block and run file backup REG.

After use methode of team. Until now I still use my methods have created.

42 minutes ago, Undertaker said:

Lowest ping do not have DNSsec.

As you know not all servers in SimpleDNSCrypt provide DNSsec facility, and the ones that do provide DNSSec facility, have high pings for me.

What is your lowest available ping number in ms with DNSsec?

3 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

Don't have it installed now, but the lowest ping that was available was in mid to high -100-200ms.

Just now, Undertaker said:
2 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

Don't have it installed now, but the lowest ping that was available was in mid to high -100ms.

CjdE9iQ.png

3 hours ago, hamanokaito said:

Ok. I got it.

I write backup auto reg. If you have issues just need restore permission block and run file backup REG.

After use methode of team. Until now I still use my methods have created.

yes that is quite good.. i presumed it also includes the branch keys????  as i have tested it it seems might be in my system on the 1st batch, it seems it does retain the branches so had to disable each one fo them for full restoration.  No worry i got it sorted out.   i made my own script based on the branch keys it generated and got it fully restored . :)

3 hours ago, dcs18 said:

The recent builds are able to recognize whether the registration key is genuine — if it's not, a corresponding set of blacklisting keys is created in the registry which cause the pop-up regardless of whether the affected machine is connected to the internet or not.

As far as the IPSec and Firewall methods are concerned, the only reason for their failure is their inability to prevent the DNS spoofing and ARP cache poisoning that IDM has started indulging in, via svchosts.exe (some firewalls which possess anti-DNS spoofing and anti-ARP cache poisoning capabilities such as the COMODO firewall continue to work though.)

Yes, and so it seems but it is after they are able to pass the callback at idm servers and verify the registration data ---> if not genuine creates those clsid keys and mdata --->nag occurs.    As far as i know, svchosts which you are referring are located in the registry with ipsec in a restricted mode . Furthermore, there isabout 6 registry there which bypass the firewall --> referring to "allow idman to all in all ports " which is still located in  SharedAccess/Restricted mode in registry.

3 hours ago, dcs18 said:

CjdE9iQ.png

i used that also... go 76 with browse response 1-2 sec delay.  Thats fine with me.

Understood, but ping time is an urban myth — in a real-time environment, the human eye cannot make out the difference in the reaction time because it's in milliseconds (not seconds.)

A more relevant parameter for internet connectivity is the latency of the connection.

Just now, dcs18 said:

Understood, but ping time is an urban myth — in a real-time environment, the human eye cannot make out the difference in the reaction time because it's in milliseconds (not seconds.)

A more relevant parameter for internet connectivity is the latency of the connection.

Any measure to test that out?

The OP is duly updated with a link to your post (and has been promoted to the very top of the first post — right on the Notice.) F3h9xqz.gif

On 6/27/2017 at 1:26 PM, dcs18 said:

CjdE9iQ.png

5 hours ago, Undertaker said:

Singapore is still two times to any of the Indian servers in the latency test :think:

Slightly faster server with a sexy name (in case the speed doesn't make you happier.)

KQIGC4R.png

1 minute ago, dcs18 said:

Slightly faster server with a sexy name (in case the speed doesn't make you happier.)

Maybe because you are closer it's faster for you, just checked this one , it's in the 80ms range as well so almost 11-12ms  more added to travel upwards :P

Had to refresh (and download) the latest Public Resolver List before receiving access to the bikini. :wub:

Just now, dcs18 said:

Had to refresh (and download) the latest Public Resolver List before receiving access to the bikini. :wub:

I'm fine with my Acrylic setup, 11-12ms total ping and IDM also works. :)

Prevent IDM from calling home (Using ESET products)

PRECAUTION: This method will block IDM sites at system level, be aware of this! However you still can download IDM installers & updates from official site (this will be guided in this post)

Here's the procedure:

Spoiler

1. NOT INSTALL IDM YET. Install, activate & update ESET products (Home or Business) (DO IT YOURSELF)

The following screenshot are based on ESET Endpoint Antivirus (a business product), but it should be (almost) the same for other ESET products

2. Open Web access protection setup (DO IT YOURSELF).

3. Go to URL address management section and click on Edit

FME2Eui.png

4. On the Address list window, choose List of blocked addresses and click on Edit. On the Edit list window, Add the following 10 domains (credit to @dcs18). Click on Enter multiple value to enter these 10 domains at the same time so it'll be quicker.

Spoiler

*.cmul.net/*

*.dyxnet.com/*

*.iivx.com/*

*.internetdownloadmanager.com/*

*.netdna-ssl.com/*

*.registeridm.com/*

*.sl-reverse.com/*

*.softlayer.com/*

*.theplanet.com/*

*.tonec.com/*

QqsQKVQ.png

nrqklyh.png

For starters: Remember to click OK to save changes :rolleyes:

FINALLY: Install IDM (Trial or Retail) and activate with any key.  List active must be ON all the time or the activation will be blocked.

Prevent IDM from starting up at system startup is advised.

fNmJXTR.png

How to download IDM installers & updates from official site (after having blocked IDM sites) (credit to @Undertaker )

Spoiler

Since this method block IDM sites at domain-level not IP-level so you can download IDM installers & updates via the 50.97.82.44 (it's the IP for download.internetdownloadmanager.com)

Here're links for the latest version of IDM (you can use IDM to download them)

Trial installer: http://50.97.82.44/idman628build17.exe
Retail installer: http://50.97.82.44/commerce/2odlksMSLPFNW84503ksu99vnwud/idman628build17f.exe
IDM Updater (INSTALL IT ON AN EXISTING INSTALLATION ONLY): http://50.97.82.44/updates/dfghrtv3465773FRJD843dedhx250dlAsb/idmupdt.exe

These links will be updated regularly when a newer one is released

Results/Proof:

Spoiler

GojBv9s.png

Checking for update:

Spoiler

hwQQT2g.png

1 hour ago, tomm said:

Dunno if you guys have posted this but ESET possesses domain-blocking. Just use ESET's web access protection to block 10 domains as @dcs18 mentioned here. No IP blocking. So far no nagging (yet). I use ESET Endpoint Antivirus but home user products (EAV, EIS, ESSP, ESS) should work.

The OP and credits duly updated (your guide has been promoted to the very top of the first post — right on the Notice.) F3h9xqz.gif

2 hours ago, dcs18 said:

The OP and credits duly updated (your guide has been promoted to the very top of the first post — right on the Notice.) F3h9xqz.gif

Just updated my guide, more detailed. Still need some improvement on this guide

• Matrix locked this topic

Archived