"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is there any workaround to implement this New Fix on ESET Smart Security7? If possible, detailed guide with screenshots will be highly appreciated. :showoff2:

The best solution for ESS 7, IMHO - is the box, mara- Trial Reset (I am using it myself.) ;)

:wtf: are you kidding me? :angry:

I am not asking abt how to activate ESS? ;)

This thread is not about how to activate - it is about retaining existing activation by employing the cleanest and most permanent method.

is there any workaround to implement this New Fix on ESET Smart Security7? If possible, detailed guide with screenshots will be highly appreciated. :showoff2:

The best solution for ESS 7, IMHO - is the box, mara- Trial Reset (I am using it myself.) ;)

This thread is not about how to activate - it is about retaining existing activation by employing the cleanest and most permanent method.

In my first post, have I missed something? I don't think so. :nono: Point me to where I was asking about the ESS Activation? ;)

In my first post, have I missed something? I don't think so. :nono: Point me to where I was asking about the ESS Activation? ;)

You can start a new topic on ESS - this thread is clearly about IDM (sorry about that - can't help you, here.) ;)

You can start a new topic on ESS - this thread is clearly about IDM (sorry about that - can't help you, here.) ;)

any workaround to implement this New Fix on ESET Smart Security7 Firewall? ;)

I hope, now things are clear for you. :P

LMAO, I hear you bro. - that should be quite simple since the rules are pretty much straight-froward on ESET products (shall make an appeal for the same on your behalf - at the ESET threads.) :lmao:

LMAO, I hear you bro. - that should be quite simple since the rules are pretty much straight-froward on ESET products (shall make an appeal for the same on your behalf - at the ESET threads.) :lmao:

:notworthy: :cheers:

Hello Guyz.. any body help me with this issue

My IDM locks my cpu to max

Capture.jpg

software182

For Eset Smart Security 7 [ Tested by Me ;) ]

We have to create 2 rules, block IP & Allow the program

FAQ :

Q : Why should we have create the Allow Rule ?

A : Answer go here [ Rudrax ] --> Here

- Deny / Block IP -

1. Open ESET Smart Security.
2. Press the F5 key to access Advanced setup.
3. Expand Network Personal firewall and click Rules and zones. In the Zone and rule editor section, click Setup.

SOLN3445Fig1-2.png

4. Create New Rules

0.png

5. Type a name for the rule into the Name field, select Both from the Direction drop-down menu and then select Deny from the Action drop-down menu, and in the 7 till 9 step, put all ip from 1st page.

1.png

2.png

3.png

6. And when you're done, click OK

- Allow The Program -

1. Do like 1st - 3rd step above

2. Click on the IDM Rules that we have created and create new rules like 4th step above.

0.png

5.png

2.png

4. So, the final look should be like this

5.png

5. Done

For Eset Smart Security 7

atrwgh.jpg

1okqz6.jpg

5wxt1z.png

91l846.png

t5lrit.png

mrxn5u.png

f0w2l0.png

2qda6f8.png

- Deny / Block IP -

3. Expand Network Personal firewall and click Rules and zones. In the Zone and rule editor section, click Setup.

SOLN3445Fig1-2.png

4. Create New Rules

0.png

5. Type a name for the rule into the Name field, select Both from the Direction drop-down menu and then select Deny from the Action drop-down menu, and in the 7 till 9 step, put all ip from 1st page.

1.png

2.png

3.png

- Allow The Program -

2. Click on the IDM Rules that we have created and create new rules like 4th step above.

0.png

5.png

2.png

5.png

5. Done

Guys, I must say this was quite fast. I really appreciate your efforts. :cheers: It's worth applaud. :clap: A big Shout -Out to both of you. :rockon:

The only thing that I was worried abt is, whether I have to add each & every IP address individually or is there any workaround for this. TY :P

atrwgh.jpg

1okqz6.jpg

5wxt1z.png

91l846.png

t5lrit.png

mrxn5u.png

f0w2l0.png

2qda6f8.png

- Deny / Block IP -

SOLN3445Fig1-2.png

4. Create New Rules

0.png

1.png

2.png

3.png

- Allow The Program -

0.png

5.png

2.png

5.png

5. Done

Guys, I must say this was quite fast. I really appreciate your efforts. :cheers: It's worth applaud. :clap: A big Shout -Out to both of you. :rockon:

The only thing that I was worried abt is, whether I have to add each & every IP address individually or is there any workaround for this. TY :P

You have to add each IP one by one.

Or you can use address range which may reduce extra effort of adding all IPs individually.

296hgec.png

vnce3r.png

atrwgh.jpg

1okqz6.jpg

5wxt1z.png

91l846.png

t5lrit.png

mrxn5u.png

f0w2l0.png

2qda6f8.png

- Deny / Block IP -

SOLN3445Fig1-2.png

4. Create New Rules

0.png

1.png

2.png

3.png

- Allow The Program -

0.png

5.png

2.png

5.png

5. Done

Or you can use address range which may reduce extra effort of adding all IPs individually.

296hgec.png

vnce3r.png

What's your POV on Allow Rule as mentioned by software182 in post #211 :think:

atrwgh.jpg

1okqz6.jpg

5wxt1z.png

91l846.png

t5lrit.png

mrxn5u.png

f0w2l0.png

2qda6f8.png

- Deny / Block IP -

SOLN3445Fig1-2.png

4. Create New Rules

0.png

1.png

2.png

3.png

- Allow The Program -

0.png

5.png

2.png

5.png

5. Done

296hgec.png

vnce3r.png

I think only block rule is enough.

Maybe somone can explain the need of allow rule.

@ software182 & hihello

Your screenshots are gonna make it to the main post, needless to point out - with due credits (shall be back later, for the same.) Great job done, both of you. :wub:

software182

FAQ :

software182

Capture.jpg

I think you ever used "cracked" IDM before this, it's bitcoin miner

Scan your PC with Malwarebytes + HitmanPro

FAQ :

Have you bothered to test this New Fix without creating the allow rule? Forget what rudrax was pointing to, as he was having issues with WFC & not with the ESS7. ;)

software182

Have you bothered to test this New Fix without creating the allow rule? Forget what rudrax was pointing to, as he was having issues with WFC & not with the ESS7. ;)

Yes i have, i have the same issue without creating the allow rule [ with ESS 7 ]

Yes i have, i have the same issue without creating the allow rule [ with ESS 7 ]

Thanks for the confirmation. :cheers:

I am still in dilemma, how the same configuration settings without the Allow Rule are working fine with hihello ? :think:

IMO, it's the right time to test the aforesaid workarounds on my own, shall update you guys soon. ;)

Capture.jpg

I think you ever used "cracked" IDM before this, it's bitcoin miner

Scan your PC with Malwarebytes + HitmanPro

I'm already using Kaspersky 2014..

Nono...I'm not using ..I'm using the same ips..technique

software182

Are you sure before you do this new IDM fix, you weren't using patch/crack for your IDM ? :think:

Are you sure before you do this new IDM fix, you weren't using patch/crack for your IDM ? :think:

No..I didn't

..coz..I've installed my Windows today itself...looks...like it's only me havin that kinda prob

So..I'll downgrade my version

Anywayz..tnx...for replying

After thoroughly testing this New FIX, I can proudly say that I am able to successfully block the IDM activation check with the help of ESS Firewall. All thanks to dcs18 for his in-depth Tutorial Guide. :cheers:
As per my findings, to downloading from IDM homepage Allow Rule doesn't makes any sense no matter what Firewall configuration settings you use. During the testing phase, ESS was constantly bombarding the blocking notifications even though the Allow Rule was already there. :thumbsdown:
On the contrary while downloading from 3rd party content hosters, I haven't faced any issues and IDM was working flawlessly without the need of so called Allow Rule. :thumbsup:

One may check below given screen-captures to better understand the IDM blocking and it's behavior. |-| ;)

• Using Block Rule (To Download from IDM Homepage) |:--

j2yvByW.png

• Using Block Rule + Allow Rule (To Download from IDM Homepage) |:--

uhalwHS.png

• Using only Block Rule (To download from 3rd party hosters) |:--

9a2MU61.png

Conclusion: At the moment, there's no need for the Allow Rule, To download from IDM homepage one may use the built in browser DM. (Instructions are updated at OP Courtesy of -PITA) ;)

kantry123, navigate to %AppData%\Adobe\Flash Player\SpeedCache\, if you see IDMan.exe there, you are infected :)

if not, try killing IDM in task manager 1 by 1, the one u can't kill, very likely disguised crap!!

I am still in dilemma, how the same configuration settings without the Allow Rule are working fine with hihello ? :think:

It depends on which network filter mode is used in ESS.

Automatic mode: no need allow

Policy-based mode: need extra allow rule, as all outgoing traffic is blocked by default

--anyone with the diligence to try the remaining modes should be able to solve it on their own--

• Matrix locked this topic
  • Reefa unlocked this topic

Archived