"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

You mean to say that with my current root status the firmware upgrade won't cause any conflict to the system?

Righto, firmware upgrade won't cause any conflict to the system in your existing rooted condition.

The so called "survival mode" during OTA update is for the syvival of superSU, not the system?

The "survival" refers neither to SuperSU nor to the system, it refers to the "privileges" - the "root permissions."

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You mean to say that with my current root status the firmware upgrade won't cause any conflict to the system? The so called "survival mode" during OTA update is for the syvival of superSU, not the system?

See i've haven't experienced with ASUS but actually as i'm an HTC user

HTC doesn't allow OTA updates if u MODIFY or ROOT ur phone...!!

similarly samsung too it will install ur OTA but it won't allow OTA after the current install

see some companies are strictly against while some are FOR to rooting

u have to see that ur PHN allows or not

B/W did u UNLOCK ur BOOTLOADER?

regards

You mean to say that with my current root status the firmware upgrade won't cause any conflict to the system? The so called "survival mode" during OTA update is for the syvival of superSU, not the system?

similarly samsung too it will install ur OTA but it won't allow OTA after the current install

regards

Thanks for the info. I haven't unlocked the bootloader yet but Asus have a dedicated tool to do so. What are the benefits of having a unlocked bootloader BTW?

regards

Thanks for the info. I haven't unlocked the bootloader yet but Asus have a dedicated tool to do so. What are the benefits of having a unlocked bootloader BTW?

ability to play with kernels!!!

this is very dangerous part as without prior knowledge will result in HARD BRICK

regards

Dear dcs18

As I know you have a special custom MPC-HC. You are using it with non default decoders and... I'm eager to know how you have manipulated its settings. Please may you share us...?

Hi J4NY4R! :)

I use the MPC-HC tutorial, by MlNDBOMB - as a reference point (my personal suggestion is to stick to the x86 architecture of MPC-HC and start-off with only madVR.) The LAV Filters are already inbuilt into recent releases of MPC-HC - once you get the hang of it, you can then graduate to XY-Subfilter, Reclock, dtsdecoderdll.dll (better to rid your system of all forms of codecs before starting afresh with a clean installation of MPC-HC.)

MINDBOMB has not updated his guide in the past 6 months - but yet, it is still easily the most comprehensive one I have come upon, on the net. F3h9xqz.gif

Firefox Users are due for bad news and some good news - not so bad news. :shutup:

Firefox Users are due for bad news and some good news - not so bad news. :shutup:

Google gonna buy them?

Pls..tell

hey dcs

NOW wanted to convey this!!!

the IDM extension no longer works well in the nightly versions, it will install fyn but won't properly integrate. The context menu IDM option, although enabled, is unresponsive(nothing happens upon clicking). There is no longer a IDM bar when u r watching YT or for that matter any VDOs. And most importantly, it only picks the download sometimes now, sometimes leaving it to the default browser downloader. Maybe its not Nightly thats the culprit maybe IDM need to update itself. But atm, IDM extension doesnot *integrate* properly in Nightly.

hey dcs

NOW wanted to convey this!!!

the IDM extension no longer works well in the nightly versions, it will install fyn but won't properly integrate. The context menu IDM option, although enabled, is unresponsive(nothing happens upon clicking). There is no longer a IDM bar when u r watching YT or for that matter any VDOs. And most importantly, it only picks the download sometimes now, sometimes leaving it to the default browser downloader. Maybe its not Nightly thats the culprit maybe IDM need to update itself. But atm, IDM extension doesnot *integrate* properly in Nightly.

That is a pretty interesting development possibly related to the news flash on my previous post - thank for bringing it to my notice.

BTW, can you just try to see if the following works:--

The latest IDM CC 7.3.101 add-on made compatible for Users of Mozilla Firefox Nightly V41 :–

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ozfp8bp6uz3vu10

I prefer to configure the Windows Firewall from the command prompt. It's much easier for me to modify it this way.

I use this to block the 25 IP's provided by dcs18. You must create both an Inbound and an Outbound Application Rule for the application. Copy and paste the two first rules beginning with netsh to the command prompt and you're done.

Use for x64, adjust path slightly for x86

Rule Name: Internet Download Manager (IDM) (IDMan.exe) [Inbound Application Rule]

• netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Rule Name: Internet Download Manager (IDM) (IDMan.exe)" dir=in action=allow program="%ProgramFiles(x86)%)\Internet Download Manager\IDMan.exe"

Rule Name: Internet Download Manager (IDM) (IDMan.exe) [Outbound Application Rule]

• netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Rule Name: Internet Download Manager (IDM) (IDMan.exe)" dir=out action=block program="%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Internet Download Manager\IDMan.exe" enable=yes remoteip=50.22.78.28,50.22.78.29,50.22.78.31,50.97.41.98,50.97.82.44,69.41.163.49,69.41.163.149,75.125.34.148,75.125.34.157,169.55.0.224,169.55.40.5,173.255.134.84,173.255.137.80,174.127.73.80,174.127.73.85,174.133.70.98,174.133.70.101,184.173.149.184,184.173.188.104,184.173.188.106,184.173.188.107,202.134.64.74,207.44.199.16,207.44.199.159,207.44.199.165

Rule Name: Internet Download Manager (IDM) (IDMan.exe) [Show All Installed Application Rules]

• netsh advfirewall firewall show rule name="Rule Name: Internet Download Manager (IDM) (IDMan.exe)"
  • Rule Name: Internet Download Manager (IDM) (IDMan.exe)

Export All Installed Application Rules to " IDM_WFW_Rules.txt " on the Desktop

• netsh advfirewall firewall show rule name="Rule Name: Internet Download Manager (IDM) (IDMan.exe)" > %userprofile%\desktop\IDM_WFW_Rules.txt

REMOVE ALL INSTALLED (IDM) Application Rule(s)

• netsh advfirewall firewall delete rule name="Rule Name: Internet Download Manager (IDM) (IDMan.exe)"

@dcs18, So the OTA update failed to instal in my device and all my doubt goes to "root" because my little bro having same device is succeeded to update the firmware whose device is not rooted.

Thankfully, asus has provided "reboot to previous firmware v2.21.xx.xxxx" option after failing to instal the OTA update during boot which saved my day. This update is said to update my firmware version to 2.22.xx.xxxx.

So I think that Intel based devices are a bit tricky to work with and don't comply fully with orthodox methods and workarounds.

So, what will be the proceedings from here?

What if I do a full unroot from SuperSU and try to instal the OTA update again? Is it risky?

What if I do a full unroot from SuperSU and try to instal the OTA update again? Is it risky?
Check if this helps.
Doddamn Xposed :angry:

The tutorial says to manually download the firmware on my PC extract 4 files from there and replace them in the phones with their clones. The firmware is very big in size. What I'm thinking is to copy those 4 files from my bro's phone which is identical to my one. Will this work?

And the next thing is - I don't know how to change the file's permission to " rw-r- r- "?

The tutorial says to manually download the firmware on my PC extract 4 files from there and replace them in the phones with their clones. The firmware is very big in size. What I'm thinking is to copy those 4 files from my bro's phone which is identical to my one. Will this work?

post # 27.

And the next thing is - I don't know how to change the file's permission to " rw-r- r- "?

0VRuqnz.png

I think it will do the trick. My argument is - If the same firmware update can be installed on different devices of the same model, then the firmware files from different devices of the same model must be identical (I mean, DNA match).

Is there a leak in my arguement?

• Matrix locked this topic
  • Reefa unlocked this topic

Archived