BBM for Android and iOS is now available for download

geeteam

About a month after the first attempt failed, BlackBerry is planning on trying once again to get BBM for iOS and BBM for Android available for users of those two platforms. On Monday, BlackBerry crowed about the 1.1 million Android users that installed an unreleased version of the app back in September. It was that unofficial version, along with a number of bogus BBM apps put up in the Google Play Store, that made BlackBerry's task too difficult to complete at the time. Meanwhile, more than 1 million Apple iPhone users have side loaded BBM on their phone.

bbm_android_ios.jpg

According to the beleaguered Canadian manufacturer, the best way to download BBM on your iOS or Android phone is to visit BBM.com from your iPhone or Android browser. Install the app, enter your email address and BlackBerry will send you a message when you are at the "front of the line" and can use BBM. You can follow the line at @BBM on Twitter If you already signed up with BBM.com, you can start using BBM immediately.

BlackBerry says its developers have been working around the clock and made some upgrades to BBM during the past month. This is a great idea from BlackBerry because instead of going to your phone's app store and putting up with a number of bogus BBM apps, you are going straight to BlackBerry to install it.

The app is now from the Apple Store and Google Play Store.

-- download links --

BBM Android

BBM iOS

What do you think about the BBM? B)

source

Edited by geeteam

• Replies 23
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• geeteam

• hallucinojerk

• Mr.Forest

• joyfaster

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the update!, i Can't get on the site though? perhaps region restricted for now, mind uploading the APK?

Thanks for the update!, i Can't get on the site though? perhaps region restricted for now, mind uploading the APK?

The app will be available within hours in the App and Google store

I wonder if this strategy makes BB dying or growing :think:

BTW I'm using galaxy chat & it seems my devices isn't compatible, but thx for .apk upload dude, just tried & it work like a charm :thumbsup: (I hope it's not a fake .apk :D)

Edited by bugless

not work for me please help.

i have got message: we're holding your spot in line bla..bla..bla..

Step 1: Download BBM for iPhone or Android.

Step 2: Start the app, type in your email address and tap on ‘Next’.

Step 3: Now force close the app on your device. On iPhone, this can be done by doubling tapping the home button, swiping the app upwards from the multitasking screen. On Android, you can do this by navigating to Settings –> Apps –> BBM and stop the app from running.

Step 4: Now start the app again, you should now have the option to create a new BlackBerry account. Once done, you will receive a unique BBM PIN that you can use to start using BBM on your iPhone or Android smartphone right away.

Source : redmondpie.com

Sent from Eternal World using Tapatalk 2

not work for me please help. i have got message: we're holding your spot in line bla..bla..bla..
Step 1: Download BBM for iPhone or Android. Step 2: Start the app, type in your email address and tap on ‘Next’. Step 3: Now force close the app on your device. On iPhone, this can be done by doubling tapping the home button, swiping the app upwards from the multitasking screen. On Android, you can do this by navigating to Settings –> Apps –> BBM and stop the app from running. Step 4: Now start the app again, you should now have the option to create a new BlackBerry account. Once done, you will receive a unique BBM PIN that you can use to start using BBM on your iPhone or Android smartphone right away. Source : redmondpie.com Sent from Eternal World using Tapatalk 2

After i forced close and run again BBM apps, option to create a new BlackBerry account not open, but first step (entering email) come again.

I Think its a way of saying goodbye to Blackberry.

Ha! Downloaded it last night, had a play with it, it was rubbish, so I got rid of it.

Unfortunately I believe BB have entered the Multiplatform Messenger Race too late and a lot of competitors are already well established such as WhatsApp and Viber, Although people were screaming out for BBM on other platforms for ages - They were screaming out for it 2-3 Years ago and since have changed service.

After Sampling BBM For Android I can safely say that I am going to stick with WhatsApp because it for me has never 'gone down' like BBM has done in the past, it is fast, easy to use, also WhatsApp is good stable app which is constantly improving.

In regards to the usability of the BBM App, Blackberry have decided to add in their own UI Style which I wasnt too keen on anyway.

not compatible with my device. thank you!

U kidding?

whts ur device?

WP???

i'm still on android GB. :(

which phone is that?

hallucinojerk

which phone is that?

huawei boulder. it's froyo flavored originally but i installed it with custom gb rom.

Installs fine on my N4 CM10.2 Rom, but been waiting a good 6 hours now for an email response for my auth code, not a big issue as I was just curious how it runs, compared to Viber, Bria, WhatsApp et cetera.

Waiting for more development and reviews from others before ditching my BB for good. The only reason I still use BB is because my parents are still using them. To use other apps like WhatsApp and such would take ages for them to learn, I think, like it did when they tried to learn using BBM :lol:

which phone is that?

huawei boulder. it's froyo flavored originally but i installed it with custom gb rom.

It needs at least ICS to run BBM on android. ;)

hallucinojerk

thanks for the heads up!

which phone is that?

It needs at least ICS to run BBM on android. ;)

Thanks for the heads up!

BlackBerry has been reported working on issues on BBM for Android and iOS. building up... stay tuned!