How To Manual Or Automatic Backup/Restore Activation On Windows 8.1 RTM, Server 2012 R2 & Office 2013

november_ra1n

Backup / Restore software successfully working on Windows 10 Build 10240 + Office 2013

Successful backup & Restore:

1. MSActBackUp Portable by Ratiborus #110 >>>

2. OPA-Backup 3.4.2 #1 >>>

3. Microsoft Toolkit 2.5.3 #1 >>>

4. Windows 9 Product Key Viewer 1.5.0 #1 >>>

Testing Notes:

• Before Restore activation you need to disable internet connection after restore done restart PC [just in case some application requires].
  • MSActBackUp --- Suggested setting before Restore ------ > Check the box to "Restore WPA" and click button "Restore Activation".
  • OPA-Backup 3.4.2 --- You need .net framework 2.0 installed ---- Restart PC after Restore.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Failed:

1. Advanced Tokens Manager v3.5 RC 5 --- Failed [Tokens error -- Invalid backup for the product]

==========================================================

Important Points you need to know before backup and reinstall procedure:

1. The activation is tied to your specific hardware and OS edition, so keep this in mind.

2. The solution will likely 100% fail if you make changes to hardware and re-install Windows and then trying to restore activation again

3. It has come to my attention that installing certain hardware drivers will break the activation on Windows 8/8.1- 10 forcing you to reactivate. One way to prevent this from happening would be to make sure everything is installed and up to date before activating and then take the backup. That way when you have reinstalled Windows and the hardware drivers it should work just fine restoring activation later.

4. Once we buy the retail version of Windows 8/8.1- 10, backing up the activation would be a more permanent solution given that you don't change the hardware or OS edition along the road which means you have to reactivate and backup again.

5. This manual backup and reactivate methot was working on KMS Activation but as there is non working KMS Activation i just can not check at this moment however there is no reason why shouldn't if there is in the future.

Thanks for the tip. As I recall only MSActBackUp natively support Windows 10. The rest only give me the option to backup windows 8.1. What tool would you have preferred?

• Replies 159
  • Views 114.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
november_ra1n

Thanks for the tip. As I recall only MSActBackUp natively support Windows 10. The rest only give me the option to backup windows 8.1. What tool would you have preferred?

I personally use --- MSActBackUp

I personally use --- MSActBackUp

Thanks. I will try again and let you know. The last time I used it, it failed to activate offline. Only when I connected online did it activate again.

hi,

activation seems to be lost after upgrading to win 10. I used the retail and phone method.

I have backups ao activation with these programs: toolkit,opa and advanced tokens manager.

opa and advanced tokens manager seem to restore the win8 activation also, and cant find a restore function in toolkit just for office 2013.

any advice?

november_ra1n

hi,

activation seems to be lost after upgrading to win 10. I used the retail and phone method.

I have backups ao activation with these programs: toolkit,opa and advanced tokens manager.

opa and advanced tokens manager seem to restore the win8 activation also, and cant find a restore function in toolkit just for office 2013.

any advice?

See the screenshot on front page there activation backup and restore button. You can not only backup Office it goes Windows 8/8.1 10 and Office together ---- Reason since Windows 8 activation files is in the same location unlike Windows 7 was different location.

Screen shot from front page:

1pcn.png

PS: There is new topic since today ----- Automatic Backup/Restore Activation [updated to Windows 10 & Server 2016]

• 5 weeks later...

I've backed up Office 2013 pro VL activation on my Windows 8.1 using MSActBackUp, but now I'm using Windows 10 after upgrading (keep personal files only). I want to restore that Office activation only (without windows 8.1 activation) on my Win 10. That activation will be worked or not? Please...

november_ra1n

I've backed up Office 2013 pro VL activation on my Windows 8.1 using MSActBackUp, but now I'm using Windows 10 after upgrading (keep personal files only). I want to restore that Office activation only (without windows 8.1 activation) on my Win 10. That activation will be worked or not? Please...

Since Windows 8 Office and Windows activation in same location therefore non of the tools able to backup them separately try to restore them again.However there are still online Office 2013 keys you can reactivate again using the online keys --- Microsoft Office 2013 SP1 RTM

Since Windows 8 Office and Windows activation in same location therefore non of the tools able to backup them separately try to restore them again.However there are still online Office 2013 keys you can reactivate again using the online keys --- Microsoft Office 2013 SP1 RTM

Ok, thank you for the answer. I will reinstall n reactivate that office.

icrosoft Office 2013 SP1 RTM

Archived