How To Manual Or Automatic Backup/Restore Activation On Windows 8.1 RTM, Server 2012 R2 & Office 2013

november_ra1n

Is it normally possible to restore a windows activation with microsoft toolkit when cloning windows to a new hard drive? I bought a bigger SSD, backed up my activation with MS toolkit on original install and have tried twice to restore it on my new SSD, it says its activated until I reboot and then it starts popping up to activate again.

Windows 8.1 Pro with WMC (activated by phone)

• Replies 159
  • Views 114.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
november_ra1n

Is it normally possible to restore a windows activation with microsoft toolkit when cloning windows to a new hard drive? I bought a bigger SSD, backed up my activation with MS toolkit on original install and have tried twice to restore it on my new SSD, it says its activated until I reboot and then it starts popping up to activate again.

Windows 8.1 Pro with WMC (activated by phone)

You can not activate Windows in other PC nor if you have change the SSD. You need to reactivate again with working keys.

Read the instruction and some tips about activation windows via backup files >>> How to Backup/Reactivate Windows 8.1 Pro With WMC Edition [13 December 2014]

just call...
Following your advice I did backup (Office 2013 Activation)
with "OPA-Backup 3.4.2" and successfully returned (recovery) after a fresh install (this new) Win 10 - (Build 9901)
Thank you very much "november_ra1n" and all the best...

• 1 month later...

Hello: I used OPA and ATM for Win 8.1 and Office 2013. No problem. Just wonder, since I have issues with burning dvd and cd's with my SATA Writer if I did not install the correct drivers for Intel and ASMedia. I guess if I needed to add during install with F6, I can not add them now.

So, can I clean my SSD and reinstall Win and Office adding a few drivers (I assume I need to do this) and then, after doing all the Win and Office updates, can I use ATM and/or OPA? I suspect the drivers as I have a SATA to USB cable and the drive works great connected to a USB 3 port, as long as it is not on a SATA port! However, the drive reads well on the SATA ports...that is how I installed Win 8.1 Pro 64 bit in the first place.

Sorry if I am asking too much here...I do also have an Acronis True Image full SSD backup with all partitions so I guess I can restore that if everything goes bad. I am NOT changing any hardware. I HOPE that the True Image backup(s) will restore and all will still be activated if needed.

november_ra1n

Hello: I used OPA and ATM for Win 8.1 and Office 2013. No problem. Just wonder, since I have issues with burning dvd and cd's with my SATA Writer if I did not install the correct drivers for Intel and ASMedia. I guess if I needed to add during install with F6, I can not add them now.

So, can I clean my SSD and reinstall Win and Office adding a few drivers (I assume I need to do this) and then, after doing all the updates, can I use ATM and/or OPA? I suspect the drivers as I have a SATA to USB converter and the drive works great, as long as it is not on a SATA port! However, the drive reads well on the SATA ports...that is how I installed Win 8.1 Pro 64 bit in the first place.

Sorry if I am asking too much here...I do also have an Acronis True Image full SSD backup with all partitions so I guess I can restore that if everything goes bad. I am NOT changing any hardware. I HOPE that the True Image backup(s) will restore and all will still be activated if needed.

As long as if you did not change hard drive such as hard disk, sound-grafic driver etc.. and after install Windows and update the driver specially INTEL related driver you are good to go re-install activation backup files, not necessary to install the driver during Windows installation you can update them after install and activate after.

As i do not use any backup software such as Acronist True Image i can not make a commend of that.

Well, all would be the same but the Intel driver and the asmedia drivers are the 2 I want to add. Intel may already be there anyway. So, I would reinstall win 8.1 then do windows updates, and then do the same for office. THEN I can run OPA or ATM. Not which backup is better but I did both.

november_ra1n

Well, all would be the same but the Intel driver and the asmedia drivers are the 2 I want to add. Intel may already be there anyway. So, I would reinstall win 8.1 then do windows updates, and then do the same for office. THEN I can run OPA or ATM. Not which backup is better but I did both.

Windows 8.1 + Office 2013 activation files are in the same location therefore latest backup you have made contain both activation together. Another word when you reactivate using backup files Activate Windows & office together at the same time.

GREAT, I was wondering about that. I see that when I did install Win 8.1 I DID add the Intel chipset drivers, so Win should not complain. IF I do a reinstall, I can install Win, do updates, then install Office and do updates...THEN do the OPA or ATM. Is one better than the other? I did use BOTH. :-)

november_ra1n

MSActBackUp Portable by Ratiborus

System requirements:

Windows Vista, 7, Windows 8, 8.1, 10, Server 2008, 2008 R2, 2012,2012 R2, Office 2010/2013 any revisions.**** The program does NOT require any version .NET Framework. ****

Description:

MSActBackUp - a program to save and restore activationWindows editions: Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10, Server 2008, 2008 R2, 20122012 R2 and Office 2010, 2013.

Changes in versions:

v1.0.8 -Small changes in the program interface..

Instruction:

Saving activation:

Press the corresponding button, check the keys that identify the programs, and if necessary,

specify correct keys. When the button becomes active, saving activation is completed.

2xCBvC.png

Note: Program usually find full Retail keys but if you use MAK Key for activation you need to enter those keys manually in the box to complete backup session

KTDZm6.png

===================================================

Restore activation

A. Restore Windows 8.1 OFFLINE [Phone] Activation

nNaEeu.png

Go to the tab "Restore activation", select the folder where you saved the activation and start the recovery process activation. If the recovery fails, try to restore activation with checking "Restore SoftwareProtectionPlatform"

"And at me nothing turns out!!!!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

B. Restore Windows 8.1 ONLINE Activation

To restore an online activation for Windows 8.1, proceed as follows:

1. Disable Internet.

2. Check the box to "Restore WPA" and select the folder with the saved activation.

ZzvWJE.png

After program execution, the system will go to restart, you must wait for the reboot.

After the reboot, the program will continue recovery.

Sometimes when restoring activation will help you check the box "Restore SoftwareProtectionPlatform"

Additional Info for Kaspersky user:

*** Kaspersky Antivirus in every way blocks recovery mode activation "Restore WPA". In the presence of it in the system registry HKLM\SYSTEM created unnecessary branches "KlifTmp54987654".  They should be removed because they will slow down your computer.  In this case will only help complete removal of Kaspersky Antivirus before restoring online activation.

Testimonial:

Successfully backup / restore activation on VMware Workstation Online Activation Windows 8.1 Pro with WMC, Office 2013 Pro Plus, Office 2013 Vision & Project Pro on a different partition.

&

VMware Workstation Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 Online Activation Retail key in same partition.

Download Latest MSActBackUp 1.0.8:

VirusTotal Result: 2/55

https://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/EVGGYML0/MSActBackUp_Portable_v1.0.8.zip_links

november_ra1n

Added new version MSActBackUp 1.0.4 #110 >>

v1.0.4-Optimized code for restore activation functions.-After checking "Restore WPA" you must click"Restore Activation".-In the interface in English folder with preservation is created with the rulesof the English language: "=== mm.dd.yyyy-hh.min.ss ==="-Improved Recovery WPA on Windows 7.

• 2 weeks later...
gigimandrake
hello everyone !! excuse me but I would like some information, with volume license win x86 Pro 8.1 can upgrade to win 8.1 Pro 64 with the same license?

thank you !!!

november_ra1n
hello everyone !! excuse me but I would like some information, with volume license win x86 Pro 8.1 can upgrade to win 8.1 Pro 64 with the same license?
thank you !!!

You can not use 86 bit activation backup files on 64 bit. You need to install Windows 8.1 64 Bit activate and create backup files.

gigimandrake
thank you !!!

You can not use 86 bit activation backup files on 64 bit. You need to install Windows 8.1 64 Bit activate and create backup files.

Perhaps I did not explain ... sorry
with having a clean install license (serial key) to win. 8.1 Pro x86 I install Win 8.1 Pro 64 with the same license?

november_ra1n

with having a clean install license (serial key) to win. 8.1 Pro x86 I install Win 8.1 Pro 64 with the same license?

Yes you can install 32 or 64 bit with same serial.

gigimandrake

Yes you can install 32 or 64 bit with same serial.

ok thanks a lot

• 2 weeks later...
prijatelj.v

Win 10...after a fresh install Build 10041 (and previous 10036) can not be returned (recovery) created "OPA-Backup" for Office 2013.

To Build 9926 (and previous...) recovery works great...is there any solution ?

november_ra1n

Win 10...after a fresh install Build 10041 (and previous 10036) can not be returned (recovery) created "OPA-Backup" for Office 2013.

To Build 9926 (and previous...) recovery works great...is there any solution ?

MSActBackUp Portable by Ratiborus #110 >>>
System requirements:
Windows Vista, 7, Windows 8, 8.1, 10, Server 2008, 2008 R2, 2012,
2012 R2, Office 2010/2013 any revisions.
**** The program does NOT require any version .NET Framework. ****

prijatelj.v

Thanks but...
Definitely not one tool can not return activation Office 2013 in build 10041...
Retrospective :
"opabackup342" - excellent creates and restores backups but only up to version (build 9926) + update to version 10041...here made backup does not work after the fresh installation 10041 ????

MSActBackUp does not work on Build 10041 (not at all) + touching the regular registration Windows 10 ????
Backup 3-5 minutes and more...Moreover,it seems to me that all the time "works" in the background - I prefer to use KMSpico (if you must...)...
Thank you very much @november_ra1n but no solutions ...(I do not know)...

PS. I think the fresh installation 9926 + update to version 10041 or 10041 fresh install and created a backup on activated Office 2013
Greetings for further cooperation...

november_ra1n

Thanks but...

PS. I think the fresh installation 9926 + update to version 10041 or 10041 fresh install and created a backup on activated Office 2013

Greetings for further cooperation...

Windows 10 is still beta stage when it gets final then there will be lots of back up tool compatible with it.

prijatelj.v

please .... is there any other way?
not working a microphone input, and we do not like
I can not call via Skype

Archived