ESET v4 Fixes

shought

@shought

I thought part of the mechanism of how the box, mara fix works is deleting the list of update servers on the target machine to ensure you receive an up to date list of servers direct from ESET? If so, how about just re-applying the box, mara fix? :)

Cheers

There is no point in doing this since Eset did not change their servers, just some of them are not working, but they exist. You need to do this only if they remove some server and add the new one.

Marsufix 2.6 was aimed at V4, but it didn't work properly.

Wow, I didn't even know there was a 2.6 version of Marsufix..

Um, just curious, what about this 2.5 version?

It is working on the old Eav V4.0.314.0, but does it work on the newest Eav V4.0.417?

If it's helpless against V4.0.417 I might as well do some major update on my backup warehouse.

(Well, I have the habit of keeping backup copys on software setups, they're handy when your

OS went down and have to start from scratch again. BSOD happens you know.)

Marsufix should work on every v4 version, but only if Self-Defense is disabled.

Cheers :)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Views 133.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Bizarre:

Do you mean reparing the installation? Because the only options are reparing and removing and none of them works. But thanks anyway.

@Sonar:

The Removal Tool only removed ESET from my start menu. It didn't uninstalled it. But thaks to you too.

@Mo Husen:

Thanks for the tip. I'm working on it.

@Mo Husen:

To edit the permissions of a key, I must first add a user. But when I try to add a user, I click on 'locations' and click on the user I want to add. But then I have to write the name of the object and verify it. What am I supposed to write?

@francisco

I think what Bizarre means is to install Nod32 again, ie double click on the Setup.exe again and let it install all over again!

It seem your existing Nod32 is corrupted.

whenever i try to download eset 4 antivirus and click on the link it takes me to another link , anonym . to , and then says you are being redirected to but then it just hangs forever in that page . anyone knows why , thanks

Marsufix 2.6 was aimed at V4, but it didn't work properly.

Wow, I didn't even know there was a 2.6 version of Marsufix..

Um, just curious, what about this 2.5 version?

It is working on the old Eav V4.0.314.0, but does it work on the newest Eav V4.0.417?

If it's helpless against V4.0.417 I might as well do some major update on my backup warehouse.

(Well, I have the habit of keeping backup copys on software setups, they're handy when your

OS went down and have to start from scratch again. BSOD happens you know.)

The 2.5 version should work(well, 'work') on all V4 versions I think.

whenever i try to download eset 4 antivirus and click on the link it takes me to another link , anonym . to , and then says you are being redirected to but then it just hangs forever in that page . anyone knows why , thanks

The anonym.to/? page is supposed to be there, after that you should be shown a window that tells you this link is entering a username and password for you, after you click Ok there the download should start, please try using another browser like Firefox or Opera.

worked with firefox . dont know why it didnt work with ie7 . thanks shought

:)

Maybe cous IE is made by MS :P

hola amigos ¡¡I have the following problem: I can not update to the latest signing of the 4009 virus. Tell em all servers that you have the latest virus signature (4006) that this happens? that takes a long time to upgrade? sometimes days ¡¡...

I await your response brothers nsane

Thank you

by Google traslate

@Mo Husen:

To edit the permissions of a key, I must first add a user. But when I try to add a user, I click on 'locations' and click on the user I want to add. But then I have to write the name of the object and verify it. What am I supposed to write?

@francisco

IMPORTANT - Back-up Registry.

Then

1) Right-Click on Key & Click Permission = New window titled Permission for AppEvents.

2) Permission for AppEvents: Under Group or User names

Highlight (First) Name while in the bottom-half (Permission for Administrators) tick Allow & Full Control.

3) Do this for all names in turn then Click-Apply & click-OK.

4) Delete Key.

If you still get Access denied

1) Repeat (1) above

2) Click- Advanced

3) Highlight Name then click-Edit

4) In new window named Object,

tick Allow+Full Control

5) click-OK

6) click-Apply then OK

7) Delete Key.

Hope this instructions are clear & helpful.

Good luck icon1.gif

@kotaxor

Glad it is working for you.icon1.gif

As I said, I have not used it myself so could you please briefly describe how it works.

Also are Instructions included.icon14.gif

Thanks.

Hmmmm....Ok, for those who are interested in MiNodlogin...here are the details:

The new features are:

* Works with the self-defense 4 ESET activated.

* Does not require Administrator privileges (or elevation in Vista).

* Also available for 64-bits.

The three improvements are because I have updated the method by which the license is inserted, now uses the same console window antivirus, simulating the user when they get a license manually. For this reason, you may see "flash" a window.

Thanks Kotaxor!!! very well explained.. I will use this in my cousin's computer..

Im still with Nodlogin 9.9b on NOD32 version 2.7.0.39 without any problem in updating...Just followed the instruction on fp

running on vista x32 sp1 VD 4011(20090415)

I've got a question about how to install the latest version minodlogin with v. 4.0.417 on a vista x64 machine.

The problem I'm having is I've tried to install it on my vista x64 system and it always indicates an error when it tries to insert a license. I had self defense on when I did the install.

Also the default location it wants to install itself is program files (x86)/eset/minodlogin. This seems an odd place to install itself on an x64 system because the real eset folder is in "program files" not "program files (x86)". Any advice from the minodlogin experts would be appreciated.

Hi there !

Eset Smart Security 4.0.417 Business Edition ( 32 bits ) = FRENCH = and NodLogin 9.9b :

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Download »»»»»»»»» http://rapidshare.com

Sharecode »»»»»»»»» /files/221744931/Ess.Business.edition.4.0.417.incl.nodlogin.9.9.rar

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

cheers

Jofre

mara-, box 1.1

A/V definitions 4011, manual update

chrisTM out.

Marsu-fix 2.5 (auto update)

Updated to Virus Def 4011

--

xp pro sp3

I've got a question about how to install the latest version minodlogin with v. 4.0.417 on a vista x64 machine.

The problem I'm having is I've tried to install it on my vista x64 system and it always indicates an error when it tries to insert a license. I had self defense on when I did the install.

Also the default location it wants to install itself is program files (x86)/eset/minodlogin. This seems an odd place to install itself on an x64 system because the real eset folder is in "program files" not "program files (x86)". Any advice from the minodlogin experts would be appreciated.

I don't use vista and not x64, so can't help much!

MiNodlogin is installed in program files\Eset\MiNodlogin in x86.

Is UAC causing the problem when inserting license?

Go to MiNodlogin for help......the problem is, its in Spainish!

Thanks for the reply. It's not UAC that is causing the issue b/c I keep that turned off. I'm going to stick with Nodlogin I guess. Minodlogin did insert a license even though there was an error message but the license was going to expire in a few days. Perhaps that was not the norm but based on that one experience, it seems like Nodlogin grabs longer lasting licenses.

Thanks for the reply. It's not UAC that is causing the issue b/c I keep that turned off. I'm going to stick with Nodlogin I guess. Minodlogin did insert a license even though there was an error message but the license was going to expire in a few days. Perhaps that was not the norm but based on that one experience, it seems like Nodlogin grabs longer lasting licenses.

I know there is an initial error message, but subsequent installation (different version of MiNodlogin) does not pop up this message.

2 of my pc has MiNodlogin installed. The valid date differ in both, one in July and the other in Sep this year.

Basing on my scheduling method, the valid dates changes every few days, now the valid dates for both my pc is in July!

That is still about 3 months away :)

Everytime, there is a update of virus definition, MiNodlogin will run to verify the license. If it is not valid, it will automatically insert a new one as such you will get a 'flash'. If it is valid, you will still get a choice to change the license, if not, the old license will remains.

NodLogin licenses last long because nobody is reporting them, but I hope it's the same case with other fixes.

NodLogin licenses last long because nobody is reporting them, but I hope it's the same case with other fixes.

Sh...sh...we are not alone. :)

Maybe I'll try it again. At the very least, it's good to have it ready to go as a back up if Nodlogin stops working.

HELLO !

NodEnabler 3.1 will be out probably tomorrow, Friday.

Keep your eyes over this topic... :wacko:

--------------------------

Cheers

Jofre

@Mo Husen:

First of all, sincere thanks for your patience. But it seems there has been a little misunderstood.

In the window 'Permissions for ...' there is no list with names in the box. I have to add them. The problem is that to add them, I have to write the names of the objects and then it is going to verify those names. However, I have no idea what those names are. I don't know what to write in there.

Maybe I'll try it again. At the very least, it's good to have it ready to go as a back up if Nodlogin stops working.

You are right.

Still waiting for Nodlogin next version, or does Nodlogin v9.9b....'b' stands for best and not beta???? :angry: :fear:

Archived