november_ra1n

Just thought that myself. Think of how many users the resident helpers here have serviced. :o

Murray should move his support forums to this thread.And of course, free licenses for all nsane members. :P

• Replies 372
  • Views 604.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• november_ra1n

• dany007119966

• darkrats

• Yorel

to my knowkedge there was another thread?

that had to be closed and this one re-created in its place because it ran the full capacity of the forums ability to host it?

that had to be closed and this one re-created in its place because it ran the full capacity of the forums ability to host it?

There were two more threads before this, jackieo:-

The first ever Ad Muncher thread on nsane was started by Sl@pshock (then Nrivid05) in March 2010. It explained how to use the good old Komputer Swiat serial with Polish proxies.Then as more and more Polish proxies kept getting blacklisted by the AM devs, he hit upon the ingenious idea of using the Komputer Swiat serial through German exitnodes (the famous blutmagie proxies) through Tor. I joined nsane specifically for that thread and to leave a note of thanks for Nrivid05. Have stuck around ever since :thumbsup:

But as those too got blacklisted in the course of time, the second thread started by November_ra1n (formerly madeinheaven) demonstrated how to keep updating through Polish proxies via AdvOR. Several methods have come and gone, but we haven't looked back ever since thanks to november_ra1n in particular and the community in general (including you jackieo and your tuts). :clap:

But sometime in mid 2012, that second thread was closed down for some reason by Bizarre, leading to a lot of bad blood between mih and the mods/admins leading to his leaving the site for a while and only returning later in a new avatar as november_ra1n. The Admins then gave him the OP of this thread (started by nr under his former mih avatar) upon request. :yes:

Phew! I hope y'all liked the brief history lesson LOL! :lol:

Edited by calguyhunk

There were two more threads before this, jackieo:-

The first ever Ad Muncher thread on nsane was started by Sl@pshock (then Nrivid05) in March 2010. It explained how to use the good old Komputer Swiat serial with Polish proxies. I joined nsane a little later, specifically for that thread and to leave a note of thanks for Nrivid05. Then as more and more Polish proxies kept getting blacklisted by the AM devs, he hit upon the ingenious idea of using the Komputer Swiat serial through German exitnodes (the famous blutmagie proxies). :thumbsup:

But as those too got blacklisted in the course of time, the second thread started by November_ra1n (formerly madeinheaven) helped us out and we haven't looked back ever since. :clap:

But sometime in mid 2012, that thread was closed down for some reason by Bizarre, leading to a lot of bad blood between mih and the mods/admins leading to his leaving the site for a while and only returning later in a new avatar as november_ra1n. :yes:

I hope you guys liked the brief history lesson LOL! :lol:

jackieo

Member Since 14 Nov 2011 - and I don't know how long i was here before actually becoming a member, probably not too long, because I like to get involved and participate, I even made a tutorial on how to install the older admuncher crack on xp which is now just an "alternative method" because its automated now and cracks itself. Good Times :)

I remember the tor trick with the swiat!! I used to do that too! and this is where I learned that

and madeinhaeven wow ok yes, I remember he had the m$ activator cracks, that became a staple of my pc existance!

thats the cool thing about anonymity online you can always be reborn! :)

Edited by jackieo

• 2 weeks later...

admuncher not working on IE 11

Internet Explorer 11 is not supported by Ad Muncher yet :)

JUST PICKED UP THIS ON A SECURITY FORUM :

Admuncher is officially abandonware.

Murray hasn't visited his own forums since 2011. Facebook, Twitter haven't been updated in 2 years.

No Gzip support, some sites can be 2-5 times slower due to existing bugs, no HTTP1.1. No support for Windows 8X, Internet Explorer no longer works in it (and they keep advertising it does). Some newer web browsers don't work right with it. Google+ and other apps don't function right with it. No HTTPS scanning - which is crucial these days. Promised features never materialized, some promises dating back almost half a decade still unrealized.

Murray hasn't made any public comment about Admuncher, has no interface for v5, has no development data, no alphas, no patch notes. He is deeply involved with other projects.

Conclusion - Admuncher is abandoned. Recommend Adguard as a superior alternative.

Edited by anuseems

JUST PICKED UP THIS ON A SECURITY FORUM :

Murray hasn't visited his own forums since 2011. Facebook, Twitter haven't been updated in 2 years.

No Gzip support, some sites can be 2-5 times slower due to existing bugs, no HTTP1.1. No support for Windows 8X, Internet Explorer no longer works in it (and they keep advertising it does). Some newer web browsers don't work right with it. Google+ and other apps don't function right with it. No HTTPS scanning - which is crucial these days. Promised features never materialized, some promises dating back almost half a decade still unrealized.

Murray hasn't made any public comment about Admuncher, has no interface for v5, has no development data, no alphas, no patch notes. He is deeply involved with other projects.

Conclusion - Admuncher is abandoned. Recommend Adguard as a superior alternative.

Yep, i agree, it's becoming too old now. I removed it for now, but alternatives? Honestly i don't like adguard for some reason atm but i ll see and ll try it again..

There is a working medicine for it?

***********************************************************************************************

Jeff has replied back on his forum on multiple threads as late as a couple of weeks back. They do provide filter list updates on a regular basis as well. Yes, they do not maintain the FB page anymore, but I don't think AM is abandonware as yet. ^_^

..... No support for Windows 8X, Internet Explorer no longer works in it (and they keep advertising it does). Some newer web browsers don't work right with it. .......................

They're struggling to accomplish compatibility with IE11 and it's nasty and deceitful of them not to mention that explicitly on their home page when they say "compatible with IE". It does support Windows 8.x, just not the official default browser on it (IE11). Firefox, Chrome, Opera and Safari are supported fully. Also, IE10 and lower are supported still. ;)

Promised features never materialized, some promises dating back almost half a decade still unrealized. Murray hasn't made any public comment about Admuncher, has no interface for v5, has no development data, no alphas, no patch notes. He is deeply involved with other projects.

Absolutely right. They keep promising magical features in version 5, but avoid giving a direct answer on the ETA timeframe by saying "it will come when it's ready". But that's no way to treat paying customers. It's rude, unprofessional and downright uncivilized. :angry:

The only hope for it I have is that ad definitions are still being updated on nearly a daily basis. So, it's not totally dead yet. But clearly, development for any new versions appears to be stalled. Too bad!

Gex.The.Nazgul

can i save my update premuim update file every time i install a fresh system or i should installed the lastest version

StealthyBoi

Jeff has replied back on his forum on multiple threads as late as a couple of weeks back.

They're struggling to accomplish compatibility with IE11 and it's nasty and deceitful of them not to mention that explicitly on their home page when they say "compatible with IE". It does support Windows 8.x, just not the official default browser on it (IE11). Firefox, Chrome, Opera and Safari are supported fully. Also, IE10 and lower are supported still. ;)

Absolutely right. They keep promising magical features in version 5, but avoid giving a direct answer on the ETA timeframe by saying "it will come when it's ready". But that's no way to treat paying customers. It's rude, unprofessional and downright uncivilized. :angry:

I believe Murray and his amigos are getting too little revenue to have a desire to continue AM development. That is probably why they charge their software so high and all they really can do is update the filter list.

Because of that, he became deeply involve with several new projects, ones that he has motivation in. AM future development is probably in the back of his head. I pity his difficulties: software pirated, given up on making protection mechanism, so moved on to newer projects (that Murray and his crew enjoys with a potentially better profit). To be honest, I stopped using ad blockers since new years.

can i save my update premuim update file every time i install a fresh system or i should installed the lastest version

There was/is a way of doing that apparently, but nothing that I'm familiar with. Just install the latest version from the official website, use the medicine from here and update away. Just a sub 1Mb download. Takes less than a second on most connections these days. :D

Gex.The.Nazgul

There was/is a way of doing that apparently, but nothing that I'm familiar with. Just install the latest version from the official website, use the medicine from here and update away. Just a sub 1Mb download. Takes less than a second on most connections these days. :D

hmmm..i gues that also :) thnx

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to get in another thanks to "madmasles" for continuing his fine work.

Showing 5232. Thanks and many appreciations!

dany007119966

somwthing wrong with AM adv list 5243 premium but on some sites it not blocking nothing

i use chrome Version 33.0.1750.154 m

Update 5245.

I don't see any ads at all when on YouTube, using IE8, FF28 or Chrome 33.

Sorry, I guess that doesn't help you.