How to Register/Update Ad Muncher using TOR

Sl@pSh0ck™

Sl@pSh0ck™

If your using Ad Muncher, you might have been all over those proxy sites looking for a working IP just to be able to register or update :pirate: .... the bad things about these proxies are that they are not reliable, easily blacklisted and you end up frustrated just looking for a working one ... well look no more, I just installed Ad Muncher and I was having a hard time looking for a working Polish IP, so I thought..why not use Tor to register/update it, well why not! .... here are the steps:

What you will need to download:

Ad Muncher

Tor ... you can DL it at from the frontpage (go for the vidalia bundle)

Install Ad muncher:

1. Install Ad Muncher

2. Use this serial

site: http://paste2.org
sharecode: /p/829152

thanks to shajt for the serial

Now on how to register and update Ad Muncher:

1. Open Ad Muncher - About - Proxy Options: check "use proxy when contacting our server - type: HTTP - address: 127.0.0.1 - port 8118 click OK, but don't register/update yet.

UPDATE: If you are having problem registering/updating Ad Muncher using HTTP proxy, you can use SOCKS proxy instead - type: SOCKS5 - address: 127.0.0.1 - port 9050

post-23431-0-42821500-1289959852_thumb.j

Install and run Vidalia (tor) - go to settings - advanced - then click browse under "Tor configuration file" - then open torrc file w/ notepad.

post-23431-0-01736700-1289960100_thumb.j

now copy/paste these lines at the end of the torrc file:

for those using vidalia bundle final:

ExitNodes {pl}
StrictExitNodes 1

for those using vidalia alpha release:

ExitNodes {pl}
StrictNodes 1

Save torrc file ... stop vidalia and then run it again, once connected .. you can now register/update Ad muncher. :dance2:

*** Make sure that whatever you are adding/editing in your torrc file is being saved. Try to browse first using Tor and see if you are using a German IP before registering/updating ad muncher.

Hope this simple tut help you guys ... say goodbye to ads :rockon:

• Replies 168
  • Views 121k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if u dont use the TOR

use this proxy poland keep up to date

site : http://nntime.com
share code : /proxy-country/Poland-01.htm

Yes marshall39, Ad Muncher is amazing.

I'm a bit confused by this article though. :unsure: Ad Muncher is shown to connect to 127.0.0.1 port 8118, but Vidalia (Tor) shows 127.0.0.1 port 9051. And how does one of the ExitNodes specifications shown specify a Tor Polish exit node?

How do we come up with different Tor Polish exit nodes than these if the need arises?

Sorry if these questions sound stupid. I'm just trying to learn. :unsure:

Port 9051 is for the program itself..Control Port.. I believe for Vidalia to Tor..( forgive me if I am wrong I have many things venturing off to lately and never quite was able to dig in this )

8118 for normal proxy connect and 9050 for Socks 5.. For apps and Internet connections..

The thing I haven't yet ventured into is that, I install Vidalia.. make a few changes to Polipo.. and then run it ( after configuring my apps and/or system to use the proxy in Internet options.. ) But I never have modified Tor or its config... I wonder if there is something I should do there?

I still am clueless about the exit nodes.. LOL.. but I sometimes load sites in different languages.. LOL

Sl@pSh0ck™

Ok, you can actually configure tor to have a specific exit node (this will be the IP that would show as where you are connecting from), you can use either the IP, the relay name or the fingerprint, or the 2 letter country code. Try to click "view network" when you are running vidalia, it will show you all available relays, but not all of them are exit nodes, they are a combination of both exit and entry nodes.

justdontkill.png

Ok we are connecting to 127.0.0.1:8118 - HTTP, fastest way to do it - we are connecting to Poland by just using TOR, no circuit going to polipo. 127.0.0.1:9051 - slow - will use Tor and will go through Polipo through socks.

8118 - Tor HTTP proxy

9050/9051 - Polipo socks proxy

How do we come up with different Tor Polish exit nodes than these if the need arises?

Updated the entry for torcc file, I now used the 2 letter country code of Poland as exit nodes, it will now auto select any available exit nodes from Poland. :D

Sl@pSh0ck™

@nivrid05: Thanks, the original article is making a lot more sense now. :)

NP ... sorry too for not explaining everything, I did the tut in a hurry :lol:

Sl@pSh0ck™

Ok let me see what I can come up to. wink.gif

Anything you do would probably be more than the documentation I could find on it.. Seems all HUSH HUSH... LOL...

I did find some stuff in the installation documentation that I need to still go over.. but Something guided with insights into some of the more advanced features and mods would be nice.. :thumbsup:

Sl@pSh0ck™

there is a new update for the data base of Ad Muncher ... it would be a good time for you to try if this tut works ;) ... also I have updated the entry for the torcc file .. it is now set to connect only to any available exit nodes from Poland. :dance2:

@heath28m

I am now working on your vidalia tut ... seems too broad of a topic so will need some time to finish it :D

Good things come to those who wait ( reasonably speaking ) but in your case.. I would be willing to wait.. :P Like I was saying.. they go on for days about what yo can do with Tor.. but when it comes down to what exactly to enter in to the config.. Mystified..

I think I might be spoiled by Apache's documentation and configurations, and a few others out there I have used n the past.. It just felt as though they were missing something..

Sl@pSh0ck™

the tut re: vidalia is already posted here ... not much for now but will be updating it from time to time. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Sl@pSh0ck™

I was having some problem updating Ad muncher using http proxy a while ago, so if anybody of you is having difficulty registering/ updating Ad Muncher using http proxy setting (see first post) you can use socks proxy instead, just follow this:

post-23431-12699212893_thumb.png

• 3 weeks later...

@William Parkar:

127.0.0.1:8118, if you're using Privoxy.

127.0.0.1:9050, if you're using Tor + Privoxy.

127.0.0.1:9051, if you're only using Tor.

Sl@pSh0ck™

'm a bit confused by this article though. :unsure: Ad Muncher is shown to connect to 127.0.0.1 port 8118, but Vidalia (Tor) shows 127.0.0.1 port 9051. And how does one of the ExitNodes specifications shown specify a Tor Polish exit node?

127.0.0.1 port 8118 is for HTTPS proxy, if your having some issue updating/registering ad muncher using https proxy you can use 127.0.0.1 port 9050 w/c is a socks proxy .... for exit nodes you have to use ExitNodes {PL} and StrictExitNodes 1 and add it to your torcc file - PL being the 2 letter country code for Poland so we are instructing tor to only connect to any available exit nodes from Poland. 9051 by the way is the control port of vidalia.

Guys this is a spam bot.. it has quoted replies and posts all through the threads.. of previous posts.. you can find them if you read a little.. I have reported it but I would not waste your time.. It is word for word.. I noticed it when it quoted something I typed and went looking on up in the thread..

The real thing its after is that you go to the Term Papers link..

Not ONE original reply anywhere.

EDIT: shought addressed the issue

• 1 month later...

why wasn't this pinned yet...oh well, did it myself :evil:

• 3 weeks later...

WOW!!

I didn't use any proxy software;

just set

SOCKS 5

REALLY WORKED!

thx nivrid05 ;)

• 1 month later...
Jordan de Souza

Thank you for sharing this, it worked. Is Tor like Hamachi? I mean, a VPS?

Jordan de Souza

@Jordan de Souza:

This might give you more idea what Tor is: Link ^_^

Is it possible to use Tor to reduce latency variance(ping)? Like on MMOs and stuff like that?

Archived