Eset Nod 32 Fix for 3.0? (CONTINUED)

jofre

@ marsupilami

your Marsu 2.5 fix runs perfect on 3 pc's here :beta:

Thx. Good Job :D

It's a good thing that the issue with the update servers are now gone. ;)

• Replies 2k
  • Views 171.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
@ marsupilami

your Marsu 2.5 fix runs perfect on 3 pc's here :beta:

Thx. Good Job :dance2:

It's a good thing that the issue with the update servers are now gone. ;)

-------------------------------------------------

It`s true - Marsu.fix 2.5 works again »»» Normal conditions !

NEWS : -

= A new Marsu.Fix will come out soon (or later :D ) ! v.3 . :dance2:

= Same with NodEnabler, probably v.2.6 ! :dance2:

-------------------------------------------------

cheers

Jofre

Thanks Viktor, Bizarre™, & Jofre, for the update. Marsu.Fix 2.5 is running great.

@marsupilami

Thanks for your efforts

I had a hard time installing GetValid 2 by DenniZ but now its all fixed come to find out my pc Windows XP Dell was shiped without Widows Script .

So this how I got it working I 1st used a freeware program called XP Antispy Buy right clicking reseting Widows Script with it and rebooting .

Then I try run it again I get a diffrent error so I Google to see why says I needed to download Windows Script 5.7 so I did this Now I install this and reboot Now Its 100% working :dance2:

Many Thanks to DenniZ and hackblast I have been ruing this for a few days without a glitch and it does every thing you guys say it does very fast. :thumbsup:

Hope this may help some that is having a hard time .

ESET Generador Auto FIX V1.6 by kaspersky and SHELOMOTUVI

DESCRIPTION:

FIX FOR: ESET.NOD32.Antivirus / ESET Smart Security v3.0.xxx 32bIt/64bit

Get the latest updates automatically/manually without the need of username and password.

Make eset working without the need for u/p.

This simple tool will do the following:- Automatically install Uisessoft Generador v6.3 FOR 32bit or 64bit system.

(just run the file and click "Yes", it will auto find out if you have 32bit or 64bit system)

- This fille will create a special windows scheduler task to run Generador v6.3 (hidden method) every 30 minutes (before the minimum time between signature updates).

and than eset will be updated automatically from this folder every 60 minutes.

So you will constantly get the latest signature updates.

- Manual & Automatic updates are working fine.

- You don't need to do anything, the file will choose and add the "update" folder./clean license details.

wait several minutes, and update ESET.

- no nag screen, green tray icon.

- you will always get the latest signature updates.

- 64bit & 32bit systems support.

CHANGES:

- V1.6.0: long.ve deleted to re-do this fix.

- 64bit systems support.

- Scheduler task reduced to 30 minutes.

- Minor bug.

INSTRUCTIONS:

1) Run the file: ESET.Generador.Auto.FIX.V1.5.by.kaspersky.and.SHELOMOTUVI.exe

2) Wait untill Generador finish to download the update files (couple of mins)

3) Update ESET

4) Enjoy

you will constantly get the latest signature updates w/o u/p.

DOWNLOAD:

Uploaded to: www.mediafire.com/

Share code: download.php?tprertq2rm5

my Auto Fix is TESTED and found WORKING very nicely.

UNINSTALL:

if you want to uninstall Generador Auto FIX, just run Uninstall.exe and click yes.

Enjoy

ESET Generador Auto FIX V1.6 by kaspersky and SHELOMOTUVI

DESCRIPTION:

FIX FOR: ESET.NOD32.Antivirus / ESET Smart Security v3.0.xxx 32bIt/64bit

Get the latest updates automatically/manually without the need of username and password.

Make eset working without the need for u/p.

This simple tool will do the following:- Automatically install Uisessoft Generador v6.3 FOR 32bit or 64bit system.

(just run the file and click "Yes", it will auto find out if you have 32bit or 64bit system)

- This fille will create a special windows scheduler task to run Generador v6.3 (hidden method) every 30 minutes (before the minimum time between signature updates).

and than eset will be updated automatically from this folder every 60 minutes.

So you will constantly get the latest signature updates.

- Manual & Automatic updates are working fine.

- You don't need to do anything, the file will choose and add the "update" folder./clean license details.

wait several minutes, and update ESET.

- no nag screen, green tray icon.

- you will always get the latest signature updates.

- 64bit & 32bit systems support.

CHANGES:

- V1.6.0: long.ve deleted to re-do this fix.

- 64bit systems support.

- Scheduler task reduced to 30 minutes.

- Minor bug.

INSTRUCTIONS:

1) Run the file: ESET.Generador.Auto.FIX.V1.5.by.kaspersky.and.SHELOMOTUVI.exe

2) Wait untill Generador finish to download the update files (couple of mins)

3) Update ESET

4) Enjoy

you will constantly get the latest signature updates w/o u/p.

DOWNLOAD:

Uploaded to: www.mediafire.com

Share code: /?yymmmljndo7

my Auto Fix is TESTED and found WORKING very nicely.

Does this program add anything to your windows startup?

Does this program add anything to your windows startup?

no.

I will be trying this then. I am currently going back and forth between 2.7 and 3.0 and can't find a good fix.

kaspersky, a few questions:

- Do you have to use the fix on a trial or a commercial version?

- How does it not make ESET show the yellow/red icon and the nag screen?

- Could you give any possible cons of your program? (A good producer knows the weakness of his product :thumbsup:)

This all for making it listed in the ESET Ultimate Topic.

The only difference from a trial and a "retail" installer setup is that the trial version comes with a preset login. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit:

For the sake of testing I just had my previous Business Edition uninstalled. Installed the latest trial version of Eset Nod32 Home Edition. Asked Nodlogin to stay put. Installed fine (but we are at 3.0.669.0). Opted for upgrading to full version (enabling NodLogin first). Did just that. So my first response might be wrong (have not had a trial version installed for ages), but I stand by first response that there is no difference. The login info produced by the various fixes may differ from a bought version though...

ESET Generador Auto FIX V1.6 by Kaspersky and SHELOMOTUVI, works great here on my winXP Pro SP3 (32bits) with ESET Smart Security 3.0.672 ...and v.1.5 was OK too .

All latest ESET 3.0.672 are at " ESET Ultimate Topic " »»»Page 8 . Post 145.

Once again , Congratulations to member Kaspersky.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE:- Vaccine must be applied with NET ON !

Cheers

Jofre

The only difference from a trial and a "retail" installer setup is that the trial version comes with a preset login. Correct me if I'm wrong.
The trial version of ESET NOD32 operates for thirty (30) days, during which time it downloads virus signature updates just like the licensed version. Trial versions of ESET NOD32 do not download program updates. At the end of the trial period, the program will stop downloading virus signature updates.

NOTE: During periods of heavy network traffic to our update servers, licensed versions of the product will receive priority.

This Info is from ESET I dont think they would lie and explans why folks useing the trial fixes cant update when the servers are over loaded. I had this pointed out to me way before the last time the servers were messed up.

The trial version of ESET NOD32 operates for thirty (30) days, during which time it downloads virus signature updates just like the licensed version. Trial versions of ESET NOD32 do not download program updates. At the end of the trial period, the program will stop downloading virus signature updates.

NOTE: During periods of heavy network traffic to our update servers, licensed versions of the product will receive priority.

This Info is from ESET I dont think they would lie and explans why folks useing the trial fixes cant update when the servers are over loaded. I had this pointed out to me way before the last time the servers were messed up.

I know this is the official ESET party line, however, I have definitely experienced receiving program "component" or module updates while using a trial version. Also I have never experienced receiving a "full program version number" update being pushed to me over the update servers while using either a trial or licensed version. Fact is ESET just doesn't push out program version updates that way very often, if at all. If you want to update from v. 3.0.XX to v. 3.0.yy, you have to do it yourself manually with either the trial or licensed version.

Regarding priority for receiving updates, that part at least sounds accurate, however, even licensed versions were having update problems during this latest server problem, but then the licensed versions started receiving updates normally quite a while before the trial versions update ability was brought back to normal.

Again, I'm not saying you are wrong. You are just correctly reporting what ESET has said about this issue. I'm just saying I don't necessarily believe anything ESET says. :thumbsup:

Yes I Dont think ESET pushes out many program updates myself I think you get most from the installer when its updated ..

I know this to be a fact w some of my mates are runing NOD 2.7 and they could not get a update with the trial fixes during the server issues I tested NOD LogIn with it and I got a update and they tested it and got a update too but now there saying trial fixes are going again .. :sneaky:

But in another way you still dont get program updates if your useing trial ver installer you have wait for program updates tell they come out with the new trial key to get updated trial installer some times trial keys last 2 or 3 mounths cause I have both keys here and they work in the retail ver tell they come out with a new trial key. The Trial lic that came out with 3.0.669.0 trial installer now has been expanded to run out Oct 15 when esstrial25 1st came out it was dated to run out Aug 20 2008 so they update the installers when there ready too.

Trial ver installer is at 3.0.669.0 While Retail Biz and home vers are at 3.0.672.0

So If you have lic you can update to 3.0.672.0 by going to the homepage and downloading it with your lic . That was written along time ago so they have changed it somewhat.

His ? was about the only difference from a trial and a "retail" installer.

Am I the only one wanting Denniz to continue work on his trial patch pushing it from version 6 to 7?

Oh and as expected due to the trial servers being fixed boxforever is also working fine again.

kaspersky, some things would be nice:

• Selectable automatic update interval(Generador).
  • Show/hide Generador icon option.
  • Selectable Generador update folder.
  • Automatically delete Update files after update has occured.

And I'd like to know how does your fix make ESET not show the nag screen/red icon? I mean no username/password is inserted so you have to patch it some way, I'm not asking technical details, but does it use the registry or does it patch the ESET program core? And does it work with trial versions as well as with commercial version? I tried it with a trial version and it worked, but does it work with a commercial version too?

Apart from that your fix is great!

And I'd like to know how does your fix make ESET not show the nag screen/red icon? I mean no username/password is inserted so you have to patch it some way, I'm not asking technical details, but does it use the registry or does it patch the ESET program core? And does it work with trial versions as well as with commercial version? I tried it with a trial version and it worked, but does it work with a commercial version too?

Maybe I can help a bit ;)

1 - That could be doable with a textBox or something.

2 - That would need reprogramming of generador or at least using some editing tool to make the icon disappear from generador.exe.

3 - I think option number 2 also applies, generador by default only stores the data in the "update" subfolder, would need some reprogramming of generador or moving the updates "by hand".

4 - I'd change it to "delete update files once autoupdate is started", since the updater has no direct way to know when Eset is updated/updates (btw : it does delete "c:\updates" if run it again).

5 - It does a registry change to "tell" eset that updates are located in "c:\updates" and adds a new server pointing to that folder too.

6 - As far as I know, it uses the "generador" core, so.. what you're really downloading is commercial files/updates (just like NodLogin does), It should maintain your trial version and your commercial version aswell.

Maybe I can help a bit ;)

1 - That could be doable with a textBox or something.

2 - That would need reprogramming of generador or at least using some editing tool to make the icon disappear from generador.exe.

3 - I think option number 2 also applies, generador by default only stores the data in the "update" subfolder, would need some reprogramming of generador or moving the updates "by hand".

4 - I'd change it to "delete update files once autoupdate is started", since the updater has no direct way to know when Eset is updated/updates (btw : it does delete "c:\updates" if run it again).

5 - It does a registry change to "tell" eset that updates are located in "c:\updates" and adds a new server pointing to that folder too.

6 - As far as I know, it uses the "generador" core, so.. what you're really downloading is commercial files/updates (just like NodLogin does), It should maintain your trial version and your commercial version aswell.

Thanks for your reply, the two Generador things weren't really priority, neither was the Update files deletion(now you told me it deletes them every time started), but I still need an answer to 'does it patch the ESET program core to show the green icon and no expiry date always?'

It's working fine here, as far as I'm concerned this is the best fix, if it would for some reason stop working the Marsufix is the one for me.

but I still need an answer to 'does it patch the ESET program core to show the green icon and no expiry date always?'

As far as i can see, nope, no program core files are touched.

Will investigate. ;)

but I still need an answer to 'does it patch the ESET program core to show the green icon and no expiry date always?'

Will investigate. :pos:

Great ;)

How do I uninstall it? It no gives me some weird dialog about not being on the administrator account(in spanish or whatevah), but I am Administrator and I even tried to run it on the Windows default Administrator account, didn't work.

So I want to reinstall it, is there no simple uninstaller? That would be a great addition...

Will investigate. 8)

Great ;)

Got it.. apparently Generador downloads the commercial components, so, when you update your trial you make it a "commercial" one, but since no key is entered whatsoever you can't know the expiration date, hence... no expiry date. :fight:.

How do I uninstall it? It no gives me some weird dialog about not being on the administrator account(in spanish or whatevah), but I am Administrator and I even tried to run it on the Windows default Administrator account, didn't work.

So I want to reinstall it, is there no simple uninstaller? That would be a great addition...

No uninstaller, but i can tell you how to uninstall it manually (I'm a bit sleepy and don't want to code now... unless you want to risk getting your box formatted :battle:) :

1 - Go to Start -> Configuration -> Control Panel -> Scheduled Tasks and delete the "Generador 32bit" or "Generador 64bit" tasks.

2 - Go to your NOD32 update configuration and delete the "Server_00" update server.

3 - Delete "generador.ini", "generador.exe" or "generador32.exe" or "generador64.exe" (depends on your CPU architecture), the "update" folder, "update.ver" and "long.ver" from your "C:\" drive.

And that should do the trick. :pos:

Will investigate. :battle:

Great ;)

Got it.. apparently Generador downloads the commercial components, so, when you update your trial you make it a "commercial" one, but since no key is entered whatsoever you can't know the expiration date, hence... no expiry date. :D.

That's great again, so no messing with the files :pos:

No uninstaller, but i can tell you how to uninstall it manually (I'm a bit sleepy and don't want to code now... unless you want to risk getting your box formatted :hitit:) :

1 - Go to Start -> Configuration -> Control Panel -> Scheduled Tasks and delete the "Generador 32bit" or "Generador 64bit" tasks.

2 - Go to your NOD32 update configuration and delete the "Server_00" update server.

3 - Delete "generador.ini", "generador.exe" or "generador32.exe" or "generador64.exe" (depends on your CPU architecture), the "update" folder, "update.ver" and "long.ver" from your "C:\" drive.

And that should do the trick. 8)

Nice uninstall instructions. kaspersky, you should include these in a 'uninstall readme' or an included uninstaller :fight: I won't remove the fix atm, because now it did download the updates again, but ESET says Update not necessary. So I'll keep trying it for today and if it gives me the error again I'll go with Marsufix. (The only time it gave me the error was when I manually tried to launch Generador.exe(using either my own(Administrator privileges) account or the built-in Administrator account)).

(The only time it gave me the error was when I manually tried to launch Generador.exe(using either my own(Administrator privileges) account or the built-in Administrator account)).

My spanish skills are far from good, but with a screenshot of the error we might be able to troubleshoot it, anyway, from what you tell me the error seems to come from generador rather than the fix. ;)

I was under the impression that trial versions of nod32 did not receive module updates however my trial nod32 (3.0.650.0 with boxforever) came up with a message stating "The program modules have been updated"

Great... however I do intend to install the new version anyway but i just thought it was odd.

Has anyone else experienced a similar message?

I was under the impression that trial versions of nod32 did not receive module updates however my trial nod32 (3.0.650.0 with boxforever) came up with a message stating "The program modules have been updated"

Great... however I do intend to install the new version anyway but i just thought it was odd.

Has anyone else experienced a similar message?

Oh, as far as I know, the modules are updated in both versions, as long as you still are in your trial period (which you are using either box4ever or Marsu), I still have to check if the updated modules are different in the commercial and trial versions (they should be). Answering your question, yes, modules updated for me in the trial version.

Archived