Eset Nod 32 Fix for 3.0? (CONTINUED)

jofre

when i download this file, i can only open it with notepad...how can i execute this file?

-----------------------------------------------------------

Pacca:

I use Firefox 3.0.1 and extension "Flashgot".

When I click on "Start downloading" I see 3 options :-

1 - Open with ;

2 - FlashGot ;

3 - Save File.

I choose FlashGot and that`s all. Once downloaded I can execute the file.

or

Where it says Notepad, change to Mozilla Firefox and download.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Hope could be helpful.

cheers

Jofre

• Replies 2k
  • Views 171.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
when i download this file, i can only open it with notepad...how can i execute this file?

Just rename it from .vbs.txt to .vbs (you might need to disable "Hide extensions from known filetypes" in "Tools -> Folder options".

Or re-download it and do Right click -> Save link as -> and chose "All Files" in the "Type" field of the "Select destination" screen.

Donaldo : What about DenniZ v.2 already posted ?-(it`s an exe.file).

How strange, Jofre - it was an .exe, was it. The one that I downloaded was GetValid_V2_EN.vbs.txt and I merely removed the last 4 characters .txt

Let me check back - I did run it as .vbs

thx to everyone, i just remove the .txt extension

EDIT: it gives me an error...probably i need some vb files?

EDIT 2: i have a picture of the error, but it is in italian...

errortx5.jpg

EDIT 3: i think that this is a problem of the difference between the name of the directory in english and in italian

EDIT 4: i'm really stupid...this is the solution

Tested, working pretty fine except line 95 that won't work with non-english XP versions :

Dim unpwfn : unpwfn = oShell.ExpandEnvironmentStrings("%USERPROFILE%") & "\Local Settings\Temp\" & "Nod32UsernamePasswordList.txt"

Changing it to :

Dim unpwfn : unpwfn = oShell.ExpandEnvironmentStrings("%TEMP%") & "\Nod32UsernamePasswordList.txt"

Seems to do the trick. :)

it works perfectly!

but wat are the differences between nodlogin, nodenabler and this?

thx to everyone, i just remove the .txt extension

EDIT: it gives me an error...probably i need some vb files?

EDIT 2: i have a picture of the error, but it is in italian...

errortx5.jpg

EDIT 3: i think that this is a problem of the difference between the name of the directory in english and in italian

EDIT 4: i'm really stupid...this is the solution

Tested, working pretty fine except line 95 that won't work with non-english XP versions :

Dim unpwfn : unpwfn = oShell.ExpandEnvironmentStrings("%USERPROFILE%") & "\Local Settings\Temp\" & "Nod32UsernamePasswordList.txt"

Changing it to :

Dim unpwfn : unpwfn = oShell.ExpandEnvironmentStrings("%TEMP%") & "\Nod32UsernamePasswordList.txt"

Seems to do the trick. :)

it works perfectly!

I must be dense as I can't get this puppy to fly.

I must be dense as I can't get this puppy to fly.

No Windows Scripting Host enabled ?.. check services in your control panel.

If there's an error, post what it says or a screenshot and we'll try to sort it out. :dance2:

- Nodlogin : Depends on updates posted by one person on one site, if the site goes down -> no updates, if the person chooses to stop finding and posting keys -> no updates.

- NodEnabler : Same logic as Nodlogin (also same compiler :dance2:), but using several webpages freely available in the net, if one page goes down, the next one is used and so on.

- GetValid by DenniZ : Same logic as NodEnabler but using another "compiler" (actually a program interpreter buit-in Windows 2000+) and another method to check valid serials.

Hope it helps.

- Nodlogin : Depends on updates posted by one person on one site, if the site goes down -> no updates, if the person chooses to stop finding and posting keys -> no updates.

- NodEnabler : Same logic as Nodlogin (also same compiler :dance2:), but using several webpages freely available in the net, if one page goes down, the next one is used and so on.

- GetValid by DenniZ : Same logic as NodEnabler but using another "compiler" (actually a program interpreter buit-in Windows 2000+) and another method to check valid serials.

Hope it helps.

thx very much for the explanation

now i'm using getvalidid by denniz, because it is faster and i think that is more difficult to not find a valid key with ten different licences pages.

but i have a suggestion for denniz: can you make the possibility to have a silent mode of you program? and i think that you could make an exe so this program can be scheduled...

but i have a suggestion for denniz: can you make the possibility to have a silent mode of you program? and i think that you could make an exe so this program can be scheduled...

About the silent mode, it shouldn't be too difficult but DenniZ will have the final word. :dance2:

The exe part... mhh.. i would prefer this to continue in the format it is, have you tried scheduling "wscript.exe GetValid_V2_EN.vbs" or "%systemroot%\system32\wscript.exe GetValid_V2_EN.vbs"? (taking into account the .vbs actual path, of course).

how can delete and GetValid_V2?

thank :dance2:

It's pretty clean, go to Start -> Programs -> Startup

Right click and delete. :D

--------------------------------------------

I've made some itsy bitsy changes in the script, including the "silent mode" and the temp folder for non english versions of Windows (actually it works for both and you should be able to use it in any windows version, no matter the language), it's not very well tested, it's not very nice but I tried to do it in the least obstructive way.

Copy_of_GetValid_V2_EN.vbs <- Normal mode

Copy_of_GetValid_V2_EN.vbs /s <- Silent mode

You can get it at mediafire, sharecode ?sze0jufman9

Of course, all credits to DenniZ, I hope you don't mind my intrusion. :P

About the silent mode, it shouldn't be too difficult but DenniZ will have the final word. :dance2:

The exe part... mhh.. i would prefer this to continue in the format it is, have you tried scheduling "wscript.exe GetValid_V2_EN.vbs" or "%systemroot%\system32\wscript.exe GetValid_V2_EN.vbs"? (taking into account the .vbs actual path, of course).

i tried to schedule it but it doesn't work...

I've made some itsy bitsy changes in the script, including the "silent mode" and the temp folder for non english versions of Windows (actually it works for both and you should be able to use it in any windows version, no matter the language), it's not very well tested, it's not very nice but I tried to do it in the least obstructive way.

Copy_of_GetValid_V2_EN.vbs <- Normal mode

Copy_of_GetValid_V2_EN.vbs /s <- Silent mode

You can get it at mediafire, sharecode ?sze0jufman9

Of course, all credits to DenniZ, I hope you don't mind my intrusion. :D

there isn't the silent mode file in the .zip file....

@hackblast

Thanks a lot for ur modified ver.

The reason why i only use the vbs file is like that, I hope ppl like u to modifiy my GetValid V2 and make GetValid be perfect!!

Err... there's no "silent mode file", it's the same file, but if you run it with the "/s" switch, becomes silent. You can't use doble click on it to be silent unless you edit line 17 and change from :

Dim Silent : Silent = False

To :

Dim Silent : Silent = True

I would rather prefer you make a shortcut to it and add a "/s" to the parameters, but hey.. whatever suits your needs :dance2:

@DenniZ

Thanks a bunch, but no need to thank, i just added a couple of lines, what is a fact is that we all owe you a big "thank you" for your effort. :D

This is really simple, "open source" and it really works !

Tried and your silent mode is perfect, no tray icon, no nag. This will be the nodenable replacement killer.

Kudos to DenniZ !

Err... there's no "silent mode file", it's the same file, but if you run it with the "/s" switch, becomes silent. You can't use doble click on it to be silent unless you edit line 17 and change from :

Dim Silent : Silent = False

To :

Dim Silent : Silent = True

I would rather prefer you make a shortcut to it and add a "/s" to the parameters, but hey.. whatever suits your needs :dance2:

@DenniZ

Thanks a bunch, but no need to thank, i just added a couple of lines, what is a fact is that we all owe you a big "thank you" for your effort. :D

ok sorry :P ...thx for the explanation, but what to u mean with the /s switch? (noob question...)

EDIT: changing the dim silent to true it doesn't add a copy in the windows schedule

ok sorry :D ...thx for the explanation, but what to u mean with the /s switch?

No need to be sorry, always happy to help. :dance2:

The "/s" switch works like this :

In a normal scenario you run GetValidID either by explorer (double click on the .vbs file) or via command line, like this :

1 - You run it (first splash screen is shown)

post-14431-1220976486_thumb.jpg

2 - It tells you that it has found a key and stores it in NOD so you can update

post-14431-1220976566_thumb.jpg

Using the "/s" (silent) switch, you run GetValidID like this :

post-14431-1220976615_thumb.jpg

And that's it, no messages are shown (except critical ones, like... you don't have NOD32 installed :P), the license is found and stored in NOD so you can update, no user interaction, don't ask the user anything, just find and store it. :D

EDIT: changing the dim silent to true it doesn't add a copy in the windows schedule

Oh.. nonono, silent ONLY works to update it, doesn't add anything to startup or anywhere else, I don't like anything that modifies my system without my consent . But let me help you, I'll create the scheduled task for you, when do you want to run GetValidID?.. once per hour ?

- NodEnabler : Same logic as Nodlogin (also same compiler :D), but using several webpages freely available in the net, if one page goes down, the next one is used and so on.

Hope it helps.

Thanks for the clarification hackblast :dance2:

Oh.. nonono, silent ONLY works to update it, doesn't add anything to startup or anywhere else, I don't like anything that modifies my system without my consent . But let me help you, I'll create the scheduled task for you, when do you want to run GetValidID?.. once per hour ?

no problem, i can schedule myself

thx very much

Archived