Essential FREE tools you need

rKAnjEL

• Replies 125
  • Views 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe you should add Firefox, Winamp and iTunes, WinRAR...

A lot of powerfull free apps is missing!

shought already answered the part regarding WinRAR and WinAmp.

iTunes, definitely not! It's horribly bloated, there are better alternatives out there, whether you're looking for a music player of media manager.

Sorry, I have no intention in adding Firefox, I tested it for a quite some time (both FF 2/3) and I HATE IT!

• BOTH FF 2/3 are memory hogs, especially FF3 (despite the claim that memory leaks are fixed).
  • FF relies heavily on addons, most -if not all- are made by 3rd parties, so they can be rather unstable sometimes.
  • The simple fact is, you need a dozen addons just to get the built-in features that comes in Opera!

That being said, Opera is better than FF in every aspect, but regarding Safari, when I tested it, I found it great, it's has a small memory footprint, fast, and very stable. That's why I recommend it as a 2nd choice after Opera.

As usual, this is my personal opinion and obviously it's based on my own personal experience.

Someone did try Google Chrome?

I didnt...

I did, but it was somewhat unstable, I guess we'll have to wait for the final release to make a proper judgment, but I think it's very promising.

mmmmmmmmm still prefer Firefox! Spam free (with add-on of course).

Tried Opera, just don' t like it, maybe not use to it though.

mmmmmmmmm still prefer Firefox! Spam free (with add-on of course).

Tried Opera, just don' t like it, maybe not use to it though.

Same here.

I will only change to Opera if they can make a add-on like Adblock Plus and NoScipt. (Yes I know there is a built-in adblock in Opera, but it wont block the things I want. And the Fanboy's Adblock List is not doing that either.)

iTunes, definitely not! It's horribly bloated, there are better alternatives out there, whether you're looking for a music player of media manager.

I am looking for a Ipod Classic manager.

Please show me a better alternative which can do the essentials things Itunes can do but is better.

I will be pleased.

Thank-you.

There was an manager LiNK, but its really outdated.

I use Winamp now for synchro with my iPod Nano 3rd generation.

I am looking for a Ipod Classic manager.

Please show me a better alternative which can do the essentials things Itunes can do but is better.

I will be pleased.

Thank-you.

You can try Songbird or YamiPod. Both are free to use.

Ah, did not notice your post BlackLine.

WE WANT FIREFOX!

Yeah BlackLine, wouldn't expect anything less from ya - Firefox rules (check this thread out and you'll find all the Pros. using it.)

ps:- Pros. stands for Professionals (not Prostitutes - I'm told told these invariably fall for Safari.)

WE WANT FIREFOX!

Yeah BlackLine, wouldn't expect anything less from ya - Firefox rules (check this thread out and you'll find all the Pros. using it.)

ps:- Pros. stands for Professionals (not Prostitutes - I'm told told these invariably fall for Safari.)

:) Yeah... We love Firefox! ;)

I didnt even try Safari.

LOL . . . . . . . why not, BlackLine? (. . . . . just genuinely curious - not to question your decision.) :)

I didnt even try Safari.

LOL . . . . . . . why not, BlackLine? (. . . . . just genuinely curious - not to question your decision.) ;)

What's Safari?

When I switched to from ie to Firefox, I was immediately hooked... just proves the greatness of Firefox :listen: .

Safari is a web browser made by Apple!

@ Donaldo: i did write the reason in my post... the same one where i wrote that I didnt tried Safari!

I didnt even try Safari.

LOL . . . . . . . why not, BlackLine? (. . . . . just genuinely curious - not to question your decision.) :)

Hey Donaldo, have you got yourself employed at Safari? :P

The man clearly states he hasn't been even tried Safari - he might have possibly tried to launch a google search for it that failed to show up any results for download (Sarfari isn't as well known as Firefox, you know.) :fear:

I dont need a second browser! I have Firefox.

BTW: Micro$oft made Internet Explorer only for downloading Firefox installer. Dont use it for something more!

I dont need a second browser! I have Firefox.

Firefox rules :win:

BTW: Micro$oft made Internet Explorer only for downloading Firefox installer. Dont use it for something more!

:lmao:

The Organization where I'm employed uses ActiveX and this is the singular reason why we're forced to retain Internet Explorer.

bearoninternet

Note: All links and data have been removed

Why?? :unsure:

:unsure:....

is he still upset?

He for some reason thinks humanity is after him. He always tries to do good, but in the end he always gets screwed. That's what he says, I say it's his attitude to everything and everyone that's wrong, but who am I?

I guess we can delete this thread soon, it has no value anymore.

I guess we can delete this thread soon, it has no value anymore.

This thread is Powered by ↓

6pc8jo.png

Archived