Essential FREE tools you need

rKAnjEL

Sorry guys, I'm no longer in the mood for being active here and frankly I'm not sure it's even worth it with the low repsonse/traffic.

Hey man, that signature of yours sucks!!!! :D

(It sounds quite condescending, too - maybe you'd like to change it.) :unsure:

Well, you're entitled to your opinion (I guess) but I don't belive it's condescending at all, and I have no intention to change it (unless I become active once again).

Anyways, don't go off-topic, if you got something to say you can just use PMs or something!

BTW the word 'response' is misspelled. Anyways carry on with your blissful hibernation. :)

Anyone else out here who knows of a freeware Spell-Checker to monitor one's spelling, especially on forums for WinXP?

Thanks in advance (grammar monitoring would be an additional objêt-de-desiré.)

• Replies 125
  • Views 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BTW the word 'response' is misspelled.

Thanks for the nit-picking, I'll correct it later.

Anyways carry on with your blissful hibernation.

I do NOT appreciate the sarcasm.

Anyone else out here who knows of a freeware Spell-Checker to monitor one's spelling, especially on forums for WinXP?

Thanks in advance (grammar monitoring would be an additional objet-de-desire.)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Firefox has this feature built-in? And for IE, I'm pretty sure I saw a spell check addon for it before.

Maybe you can be more specific regarding the browser you use?

Sorry guys, I'm no longer in the mood for being active here and frankly I'm not sure it's even worth it with the low repsonse/traffic.

Thanks a lot for thrashing that eye-sore - trust you've also emptied your 'Recycle Bin.' I'm sure the response/traffic will improve . . . . . . . now.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Firefox has this feature built-in? And for IE, I'm pretty sure I saw a spell check addon for it before.

Maybe you can be more specific regarding the browser you use?

Never mind, pal (I'm on ancient IE6) and don't wannabe be starting a lame browser war here in ya cute little thread.

Sorry guys, I'm no longer in the mood for being active here...

Adiós - it sure was euphoric knowing ya (sweet dreams) & do drop in for a chat once in a while . . . . . . bye.gif

On your way out, don't forget to bid farewell to einstürzende's horse (post # 30 on this very same thread) - he's got loads of tears stored up all for you in that very special container of his.

Thanks a lot for thrashing that eye-sore - trust you've also emptied your 'Recycle Bin.' I'm sure the response/traffic will improve . . . . . . . now.

Whatever.

Never mind, pal (I'm on ancient IE6) and don't wannabe be starting a lame browser war here in ya cute little thread.

IE6? Well, whatever floats your boat. In any case, you might wanna check ieSpell, but I haven't tested myself so I don't know how good is it.

Adiós - it sure was euphoric knowing ya (sweet dreams) & do drop in for a chat once in a while . . . . . .

On your way out, don't forget to bid farewell to einstürzende's horse (post # 30 on this very same thread) - he's got loads of tears stored up all for you in that very special container of his.

ENOUGH with the sarcasm, What part of "I do NOT appreciate the sarcasm" don't you understand?!

Whatever.

IE6? Well, whatever floats your boat. In any case, you might wanna check ieSpell, but I haven't tested myself so I don't know how good is it.

Adiós - it sure was euphoric knowing ya (sweet dreams) & do drop in for a chat once in a while . . . . . .

ENOUGH with the sarcasm, What part of "I do NOT appreciate the sarcasm" don't you understand?!

He's just making a joke...

I used KLCP for a long time but lately it started to cause lots of problem, so I tried Vista Codec Package and it works like a charm.

I did try CCCP before and it's not bad, but it's a bit minimal which doesn't suite me since I encode lots of stuff.

-----------

On a side note: I added 3 new categories, BitTorrent Client, Codec Pack, and Useful Utilities (which is a random collection of utlities that I find useful).

edit... and sorry

Commenting about my horse is off topic too?

:) Your horse and his overflowing 'FREE tool' have grown rather popular in this thread, 'Essential FREE tools.' :dance2:

BTW, a SMTP / POP3 server is a must-have-tool for email clients Users who prefer to access their mails through Outlook, Thunderbird, Outlook Express, Eudora, Pegasus, IncrediMail Xe and einstürzende's horse. (:>< snip snip ><: edited for suspected sarcasm)

Two freeware SMTP / POP3 servers that come to mind are:-

1. YPOPs!

http://ypopsemail.com/

2. FreePOPs

http://www.freepops.org/en/

edit... and sorry

Commenting about my horse is off topic too?

:) Your horse and his overflowing 'FREE tool' have grown rather popular in this thread, 'Essential FREE tools.' :dance2:

BTW, a SMTP / POP3 server is a must-have-tool for email clients Users who prefer to access their mails through Outlook, Thunderbird, Outlook Express, Eudora, Pegasus, IncrediMail Xe and einstürzende's horse. (:>< snip snip ><: edited for suspected sarcasm)

Two freeware SMTP / POP3 servers that come to mind are:-

1. YPOPs!

http://ypopsemail.com/

2. FreePOPs

http://www.freepops.org/en/

Personally I use Thunderbird coupled with YPOPs, I recall trying FreePOPs at some point but it was a lil buggy back then.

Incidentally, I access my Yahoo! account through Microsoft Outlook and also Mailwasher Pro with the help of YPOPs!

I have not yet tried out FreePOPs.

Any one tried CleanMem?

Working quite well!

Looks interesting, I have tried many mem cleaners/defraggers and most of them weren't practical enough to use for a long time. I'll give this a try and see how it goes. Thanks.

Instead of using memory cleaners, you can just manually flush your RAM.

FreeMEM=Space(128000000)

The example above is 128MB... customize according to your needs.

Here, I found something even better than mem defraggers (and may I say even more useful than mem cleaner): Bit recycler

and here you can find manual

must be on frontpage...

Is it me or this program is actually a joke (literally)? If that's the case, then I don't think it's funny at all and I suggest you grow up.

FreeMEM=Space(128000000)

I don't think that's wise, it might cause problems or slow downs.

FreeMEM=Space(128000000)

Nope. It will not cause any problems, as long as you flush the right amount of RAM.

You're right about the slow downs, but a simple reboot will do... if it ever comes to that.

BTW, don't ask me what the right amount is since I figured mine through trial and error.

FreeMEM=Space(128000000)

Nope. It will not cause any problems, as long as you flush the right amount of RAM.

You're right about the slow downs, but a simple reboot will do... if it ever comes to that.

BTW, don't ask me what the right amount is since I figured mine through trial and error.

I still think it's not wise, because (and correct me if I'm wrong) you're basically forcing the memory to flush/empty it's content, that's why it will cause slow downs...and about the reboot? when you reboot the PC the entire RAM is flushed by default so it doesn't make any sense to flush then reboot.

That's why I dont like memory cleaners, I prefer memory defraggers but still can't find a decent one.

I think you must include unlocker in utilities

Well, I do use it and find it rather useful but I'm not sure the average user would need it.

Archived