ESET or Kaspersky?

vince150

• Replies 61
  • Views 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

God, this discussion will trigger WW3 among the fan boys.

The features on each seem comparable. On the AVs, the detection ratios are consistently pretty close. The difference is even more negligible if the user implements a little common sense every now and then.

I prefer ESET, simply because on my computer, there is a smaller resource footprint. I'm sure someone else can provide better insight than me on the subject though

The features on each seem comparable. On the AVs, the detection ratios are consistently pretty close. The difference is even more negligible if the user implements a little common sense every now and then.

I prefer ESET, simply because on my computer, there is a smaller resource footprint. I'm sure someone else can provide better insight than me on the subject though

Yeah ;) I use KIS 7 but I'm not an fanboy ;)

I think KIS7 got better firewall and they got more experience on this field but nod is faster in scanning and eats less ram than kis.

Try both and see which GUI is better for u.

In last year kaspersky has improved everthing in their software so don't look on the previous test results :) Eset has add firewall which also is a good thing :) The choise is yours :)

i personally prefer NOD like what was stated earlier it does scan much faster and well its caught anything that has ever tried infecting my computer, although i still prefer outpost for a firewall

Yeah ;) I use KIS 7 but I'm not an fanboy :spank:

I think KIS7 got better firewall and they got more experience on this field but nod is faster in scanning and eats less ram than kis.

Try both and see which GUI is better for u.

In last year kaspersky has improved everthing in their software so don't look on the previous test results :) Eset has add firewall which also is a good thing :) The choise is yours :)

I honestly don't know which 1 is better for me so I guess I'll just stick with ESET :)

I haven't tried the suite's being offered, but for the AV's... I'd stick with Kaspersky. I tried NOD32 a while back but I just never took to it.

I didn't try Kaspersky AV, ESET NOD32 2.7 was good for me, but the interface was not really easy, now with version 3.x it has a lot better interface.

My recommendation is to try both then decide for yourself.

Definitly NOD for me but i don't like the new interface... The old one was much better for experienced users, this one is more for people that want to have things easy and clear. I wish the advanced/standard mode showed a greater difference.

Definitly NOD for me but i don't like the new interface... The old one was much better for experienced users, this one is more for people that want to have things easy and clear. I wish the advanced/standard mode showed a greater difference.

This one is better for 'normal' users. But when you go into the setup tree, you can almost set every option.

This one is better for 'normal' users. But when you go into the setup tree, you can almost set every option.

Yes i know, but the interface looks so... commercial! I get a bit suspicious when a product goes all that. Things that look better don't have to be better. When the look changes people tend to think alot has changed but i really don't think alot has.

Yes i know, but the interface looks so... commercial! I get a bit suspicious when a product goes all that. Things that look better don't have to be better. When the look changes people tend to think alot has changed but i really don't think alot has.

I agree that it doesn't have to be better when it looks better, but to tell you the truth I never recommended nod32 to my "normal" computer skills friends ,with the new interface I think I can recommend it.

For an experiment user or a noob, Nod32 with Smart Security is definitely the best. The both have the same efficiently to protect your system, but Kaspersky is heavier than SS.

Try both and you will see :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Which suite is better or are they virtually the same?

Well for me.. i tried both...they both are reliable but considering the features i stick with kaspersky....coz i has convinient features although i scan longer than nod32 but dosnt matter its security features seems to be modernized but infairness to nod32 its also good...they only matter a little bit...but base it on rank bitdefender is number 1,2 is kaspersky,third is nod...but kaspersky and nod are much easier to handle than bitdefender............better try both to know for your self

I vote for Nod32 (either the AV or the Security Suite) over Kaspersky. It's a matter of personal preference as they are both excellent. I like the smaller footprint and the speed of Nod compared to KIS.

... :nono:

It's NOD32 (for me) - reason being it consumes far lesser CPU resources than Kaspersky.

I'm not at all sure of that. Try using procexp, than put them both on scan or other tasks on the same system while shutting down other apps. I did that myself and that's one of the reasons I chose Kaspersky. I'm ok with personal opinions, but let's try not to mislead ppl...

It's NOD32 (for me) - reason being it consumes far lesser CPU resources than Kaspersky.

I'm not at all sure of that.

I'm positive about that.

Try using procexp, than put them both on scan or other tasks on the same system while shutting down other apps. I did that myself and that's one of the reasons I chose Kaspersky.

I've been running Process Explorer from SysInternals long before they merged with Microsoft. No two individual's readings need to necessarily match - I might be running a set of completely different security tools as compared to yours. I don't dispute Kaspersky must be running lower CPU cycles than NOD32 in your given variable of sytem tools - request you to respect that it may not in other people's system variables.

I'm ok with personal opinions, but let's try not to mislead ppl...

So, who's misleading the people - do you see a single word anywhere in my post asking for people to change-over from Kaspersky to NOD32. For that matter, I'm contemplating change from V3 to V2, due to a slight loss of CPU resources.

No two individual's readings need to necessarily match - I might be running a set of completely different security tools as compared to yours. I don't dispute Kaspersky must be running lower CPU cycles than NOD32 in your given variable of sytem tools - request you to respect that it may not in other people's system variables.

So in the end it's not necesarry true that in every system NOD is faster than Kaspersky, yes?

Archived