madeinheaven

• Replies 2.3k
  • Views 716.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Supremo Phantom

i am writing down the steps for those who have backed up files but are not able to get it working...

1. to begin with, i am assuming you are at the state where the registration is successful and the cow icon in the tray is white.

2. at this stage, you need to close ad muncher and backup these 4 files in a separate location:

a.) config.dat

b.) customstrings.dat

c.) license.dat

d.) registration.dat

location of these 4 files on win 7 systems is: C:\ProgramData\Ad Muncher

3. start ad muncher and check for updates => RESULT : license fails and cow turns red.

4. check for updates again => RESULT : you see the latest basic update available for download. DO NOT DOWNLOAD IT YET.

5. restore and overwrite the existing files with the backup files you had WITHOUT closing ad muncher.

6. NOW, check for updates again => RESULT : you see the latest basic update available for download. NOW DOWNLOAD IT.

Now, what you have is the updated, and still registered and enabled Ad Muncher. :)

Those who are still trying, please follow these instructions and let me know if this helps.

After much testing, and confirmation from other users as well, it has been confirmed that registered files from one system WILL NOT WORK on another system.

So, I have removed the files I had originally shared here as it becomes useless.

The best option for you now is that as soon as a key is shared, and you use it to try to register your product... if it is successfully registered, forget everything else and FIRST immediately backup the four files I have mentioned above.

ONLY THEN, when it comes to the point that the key is no longer valid, this backup will save your life.

Each time you use the instructions above to download the updates and keep your registration active as white, once its updated, make a fresh backup of these files (remember ad muncher should be registered and cow should be white when you make your backup).

For the rest, just stick to the instructions above and you will be able to enjoy a registered and updated protection till the time this method remains working.

Good Luck, and please share your feedback.

Enjoy!!

Brian Clegg

tried it your way and it still dont work.its still red

and tried with the backup you supplied too no chance

Supremo Phantom

@cleggy,

you ensured that you had completely closed ad muncher, and then replaced the 4 files with the ones i supplied and then relaunched ad muncher.

with those files, you should have launched a fully registered and updated working version.

Please try again...

Brian Clegg

did it that way and no good still red.however noticed your files are dated 15/4/2012.its still 14/4/2012 here in uk.will that make a problem

@ Supremo Phantom your method of updating with a registered version and backup files worked again. Thanks

Supremo Phantom

did it that way and no good still red.however noticed your files are dated 15/4/2012.its still 14/4/2012 here in uk.will that make a problem

though it should not, but anyways, here are the same files with a date of 14, so it should be ok for you..

Site: http://www.mirrorcreator.com

Sharecode: /files/SSGQNDHQ/ [?]

try these.

Backups from other PC's don't work afaik.

Backups from other PC's don't work afaik.

that what i remember to , so using phantom files to other users pc achive nothing :( or in other words RED COW :D

Supremo Phantom

not tested that, but in that case, if you have your own backup set, try the steps written above if that helps.

i am just checking your ways to register it , none working for me if i use other users 4 backup files.....

and for a legit license backup files i dont have :)

Brian Clegg

thanks to all.just gonna have to wait till i can get a working basic license to reset registration then

i am in same boat as demoneye

thanks to all.just gonna have to wait till i can get a working basic license to reset registration then

i am in same boat as demoneye

meanwhile u can use fanboy list like i do :D

Supremo Phantom

supremo is mine reg ? :showoff: :shy:

i did not get your question.. you already have it working, right ?

Supremo Phantom

@maston,

whether the key is sent one by one or shared in open, it will get blacklisted whenever the maximum no of activations for that key is crossed, so it would still mean first come first served.

the life of the key is not dependent on how it is shared, but how soon is it used to its max limit.

:fool: new key 5.5.2012 :fool:

suggest:

Send key by Message in forum one by one member, the key will live longer.

It makes no sense. In any case , this key will work a maximum of 1.5-2 hours.

The new key ( "basik" ) will be posted 05.05 at 03:00 - 03:15 PM (GMT).

It makes no sense. In any case , this key will work a maximum of 1.5-2 hours.

It makes a lot of sense IMO. The key I had shared through PM is still alive. I still get updates normally without having to go through the whole backup process.

But now that the AM devs have gotten to know 'bout at least one Russian and one Vietnamese forum, the keys might be blacklisted in a matter of minutes anyways, with or without PM's. The last key (Pupkin) got blacklisted in a matter of hours.

Dunno if they know 'bout the other Russian, Vietnamese and the Arabic forums though :P

EDIT: Makes me yearn for those good old days when a little change to the torrc file (Polish/German exit nodes) did the job without ever having to worry :(

Archived