142 members have voted

1. 1. Do you smoke weed?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 118
  • Views 68.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

man i did it 4 sum gooood years... but times get nasty and i did not see a joint 4... let me c... 7 years now... :| sometimes i miss the sensations it gave me when i had real god stuff&was with my best friends 'roud, all puffing it like there was no 2morrow then doing all kinda stuff... crazy or not. i remember 'twas a time i used 2 smoke it even in the morning, so i have a better appetite :blink: then eating pizzas&sweets like crazy with my friends. but thats all long, long gone. dont think i'd smoke now, even if i knew where 2 get it, even if i miss it. anyway, now that im weed-less, im hooked on sports&women, cant seem 2 break free of this addictions :) 2 bad we're all over tha globe, we should meet at a bong sumtimes and party like hell, i cant imagine wat will look like, 15 yrs olds 2gether wit students&ppl wit kids, indians, americans, brits, christians, muslims, hindus... all brought 2gether by a little plant :D

lol. I'm 16 now, and yes. But since I live in holland its 3 joints for 5 euro :)

(@ all americans here: PWNED)

Quite some time since I had one (a few months now)

Will have it soon...May be on 1st...

@ eBait : 3 Joints here in India is for 25-30 cents... So I guess u shold pwn the Indians too :blink:

Bolt_Gundam510

that makes me want to live in euro to just by all the pot that i want heh heh. i know some of you remember that one show that came on at one time called the PJ"S there was one char in there all you could see of him was a smoke cloud. i bet he was probley smokeing weed while he was talking to the kids on there. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
:( Not a weed smoker, I prefer to remain fully aware at all times. :sneaky:

I guess one bcomes Extra Aware 8) :innocent: :angelnot: :ganja:

:( Not a weed smoker, I prefer to remain fully aware at all times. :sneaky:

I guess one bcomes Extra Aware :innocent: :innocent: :angelnot: :ganja:

LookAround.gifOk, so some say its a certain kinda enlightenment...Like Timothy Leary 8)

Bolt_Gundam510

:( Not a weed smoker, I prefer to remain fully aware at all times. :angelnot:

I guess one bcomes Extra Aware :innocent: :innocent: :ganja: 8)

i my self have grew the stuff :innocent: it turned out real good. but i only did it for a little extra cash nothing more to pay for a bill. but the way that i grew it made it stronger than the normal plant though. lets all have a weed war shall we. in the end we all win couse we are all high. :sneaky:

What do you mean by weed ;) never tried it, never wanted, and I think I never saw it except on TV.

So I! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jedimasterzee

guess you're proof to the topic somone posted a while back. was about some scientist that was arguing how THC was actually IMPROVING brain growth in small mice, tho he couldn't prove it was the same for humans. i mean, imagin for second..."yes, here, smoke this joint for a few moments. now, i'm going to cut the back region of your skull open so i can have nice close look at the effects it's having on your brain". i doubt anyone would volunteer for that :rofl:

Well who ever does will be honored as a hero to all those Marijuana users. :P

Lol, but seriously I dont smoke cigs or weed. Cigs are disgusting in my opinion cause i know someone who does and its just sad in many ways. As for Marijuana, thats a no too. :D

But i honestly dont mind if others smoke weed as long as it doesnt hurt me in anyway. (unlike drinking and smoking cigaretts.):rofl:

in response to the following... "yes, here, smoke this joint for a few moments. now, i'm going to cut the back region of your skull open so i can have nice close look at the effects it's having on your brain". i doubt anyone would volunteer for that" ... well i might, depending on the quality of the pot and if there might be another joint?

lol im with ya nsane we should blaze up together sometime blunt and bowls is all i got around here

and btw the way it makes me is sleepy not usualy all that hungry but it makes your body tingle not to get gay n shit but its an awesome expierence if you got the right weed like makes me feel like i could control my heart and lungs and ect like i can feel them

• 4 months later...

Has anyone tried shrooms?

CARL SAGAN WAS AN AVID POT-SMOKER

When you're talking about scientists who achieved rock-star status in the second half of the twentieth century, the late astronomer and biologist Carl Sagan is right up there with Stephen Hawking. His Cosmos (1980) is one of the most popular science books ever written, planting itself on the New York Times bestseller list for 70 weeks and staying perpetually in print ever since. It was a companion for the PBS television series of the same name, which — along with numerous Tonight Show appearances — introduced Sagan and his emphatically stated phrase "billions and billions" into pop culture. His sole novel, Contact, was turned into a love-it-or-hate-it movie starring Jodie Foster as an erstwhile scientist searching for extraterrestrial life, with Matthew McConaughey as a New Age flake who, inevitably, makes his own form of contact

with her.

Besides his pop-culture credentials, Sagan was pals with numerous legendary Nobel Prize-winners while still in college, picked up a Pulitzer Prize for his book Dragons of Eden, and consulted for NASA, MIT, Cornell, and RAND. He designed the human race's postcards to any aliens that might be out there — the plaque onboard the Pioneer space probes and the record on the Voyager probes.

So it might come as a bit of a surprise that Sagan was an avid smoker of marijuana. Some might even call him a pothead.

In his definitive biography of the celebrity scientist, Keay Davidson reveals that Sagan started taking regularly in the early 1960s and that Dragons of Eden — which won the Pulitzer — "was obviously written under the inspiration of marijuana."

Davidson says of Sagan:

He believed the drug enhanced his creativity and insights. His closest friend of three decades, Harvard psychiatry professor Dr. Lester Grinspoon, a leading advocate of the decriminalization of marijuana, recalls an incident in the 1980s when one of his California admirers mailed him, unsolicited, some unusually high-quality pot. Grinspoon shared the joints with Sagan and his wife, Anne Druyan. Afterward, Sagan said, "Lester, I know you've only got one left, but could I have it? I've got serious work to do tomorrow and Icould really use it."

Perhaps letting Sagan bogart the pot was Grinspoon's way of returning a favor, since Sagan had contributed an essay to Marihuana Reconsidered, Grinspoon's classic 1971 book on the benefits and low risks of reefer. For almost three decades, the author of this ode to Mary Jane was anonymous, but in 1999 Grinspoon revealed that "Mr. X" was Sagan.

THE BAYER COMPANY MADE HEROIN

Aspirin isn't the only "wonder drug that works wonders" that Bayer made. The German pharmaceutical giant also introduced heroin to the world. The company was looking for a cough suppressant that didn't have problematic side effects, mainly addiction, like morphine and codeine. And if it could relieve pain better than morphine, that was a welcome bonus.

When one of Bayer's chemists approached the head of the pharmacological lab with ASA — to be sold under the name

"aspirin" — he was waved away. The boss was more interested in something else the chemists had cooked up — diacetylmorphine. (This narcotic had been created in 1874 by a British chemist, who had never done anything with it.)

Using the tradename "Heroin" — because early testers said it made them feel heroisch (heroic) — Bayer sold this popular

drug by the truckload starting in 1898. Free samples were sent to thousands of doctors; studies appeared in medical journals. The Sunday Times of London noted: "By 1899, Bayer was producing about a ton of heroin a year, and exporting the drug to 23 countries," including the US. Medicines containing smack were available over-the-counter at drug stores, just as aspirin is today. The American Medical Association gave heroin its stamp of approval in 1907.

But reports of addiction, which had already started appearing in 1899, turned into a torrent after several years. Bayer had wisely released aspirin the year after heroin, and this new non-addictive painkiller and anti-inflammatory was well on its way to becoming the most popular drug ever. In 1913, Bayer got out of the heroin business.

Not that the company has kept its nose clean since then:

A division of the pharmaceutical company Bayer sold millions of dollars of blood-clotting medicine for hemophiliacs — medicine that carried a high risk of transmitting AIDS — to Asia and Latin America in the mid-1980s while selling a new, safer product in the West, according to documents obtained by The New York Times.... In Hong Kong and Taiwan alone, more than 100 hemophiliacs got HIV after using Cutter's old medicine, according to records and interviews. Many have since died.

Archived