HX1

• Administrator

@All: Anyone can contribute their own nsane related works here. So if you have something to share, don't hesitate. :)

• Replies 349
  • Views 437.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely.. and if there is something not included in the first post.. I'll add it to the list.. Like it says ' Anything else you can come up with...'.. Then of course add you to the listing on the second post... :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Thanks for the complement about my siggy heath28m. :)

I'll like to donate it here. ^_^

Just one question. Which one is better. First one or second one.

Posted Image

Posted Image

EDIT: Source image :secret:

I think the bottom one with fade out .. without actual definition of the outside line would be better for Left - justified usage while the top would look better centered so I think that it would depend on how its used on which one is better.. Good Job though +1.. :D

• Administrator

Thanks guys. :)

Well, I had put a week to make this one. Look at the source image. I was trying and trying to make that fadeout into another dark copy from the pic. But somehow didn't find the right color to match both the sides. Merging seemed impossible. Thought that it wont be much of a effort if I just copy pasted. Also, not to forget that line, even that is hard to remove. In the end, I didn't change anything, just enlarged the image to fit in the sig size. :mellow:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Shajt had asked me to change a background of my previous signature to something blue. So there you have it. Another one for the gallery. :D

Posted Image

To be honest. I didn't know I am so good at it, until Shajt used it. ^_^

EDIT:

Another one of my previous siggies. Only this one had DKT27 written. I've changed it to nsane.

Posted Image

EDIT(2):

Posted Image

• Administrator

Another (older one) one. It's exactly (or) almost same to the nsane banners on top. The only difference is I've tried bringing in the jeans looks. Also the first time I used the nsane font.

See my previous post for the image.....

BTW, I always wondered, also wished, if someone could make a Start Orb for nsaners. I've tried it myself, but ain't successful. Also lacking some ideas for that matter.

:lmao: I have all of the tools including PSD template to do it.. AND I have a little program that will allow you to plug in your images and create it.. then of course the patcher..

You know if we were customizing a system for someone to work on .. and manage the sites.. we could cover every aspect from the media player to the style and themes of windows... LOL

But yeah the logo/emblem would fit right it... little gradient or glow on mouse-over and when pushed.. make it look like a button depressed into a set.. :dunno: I found the little program on dA of course awhile back.. its in archive now.. I was going to make my own until I ran across something minimal, simple, and perfect..

Thing s I am so backed-up right now its nuts.. I just almost finished with Plone.. on my M&D's system.. totally different logo.. all this stuff then merged the wrong JavaScript.. packed the database.. keeping 0 days and now I have reverse engineer what I did.. and I can't remember... all in an effort to reduce the number of requests.. to the old system to keep resources down.. AND I have to figure out how to make it accept base64 encoded entries int he CSS... its refuses to right now.. plus I have this other project I hove been trying to work on.. and I have my own rewrite to do... I broke into sweat writing it.. :thumbsup: LOL

Call it the nsane.kiosk..

Start Orb PSD Template.. ( the one I mentioned above..

...and the program I was talking about..

Windows 7 Start Button Creator

...and I think I have finished Plone4.. ( fixed ) I have to play around with some tag entries.. ( thankfully it only takes one to remove all encoded CSS from the site.. easy testing ) ...New design, DNLA3, FTP, HTTP, and WebDAV, System Resource Monitoring -online Real time, Backup... - DONE .. Still a little content to add... easy ... So I may have some free time but I am not going to promise anything.. :D ..

• Administrator

Nice to hear the progress. :)

Well, I had used Windows 7 Start Button Creator for making a Firefox Start orb. And whatever I did, it failed to be a proper one. Probably because the pics I used. That's why I searched and found this and used it ever since. ^_^

Thanks for the template. Was something I never thought could exists. What are those light blue lines though. :unsure:

Well the whole purpose of the template is to lay something out for you.. so basically for normal DPI.. start orbs you would use those lines as guides for proper placement.. Then once you have made your image... you need to use Fireworks to transform into what file format.. and possibly optimize it.. then use the Start Button Changer to reshack it in..

Okay, I need a tester... really because my system is way too modded for testing this properly.

You will need the Windows 7 Start Button Changer and a Windows 7 OS installation..

This is a test nsane.forums.startorb ... you will need to download the attachment for the SO..

Main thing I am wondering about this time is how this looks on Aero and how well it integrates and works between states.. I want screenshots..LOL.. This is a test run.. AND I might add that if you use lower DPI numbers which change the files used in Explorer.. this my not work as it uses a larger file.. ( with a different number ).. So normal DPI.. unless you want to change and res-hack them yourself..feedback is good..

May do a few more versions if this turns out well.. just depends but at least a ND and NF version will be done..

Post edited.. to remove wrong image format.. Orb not working correctly..

• Administrator

Well, first it gave me memory error. Then tried another one and tried this one. Looks like this:

Posted Image

What version of the SBC are you using 4 or 2.6? ( 4 gave me real heartache...:P ) I repatched with 2.6 which I have if you want.. I just haven't tried this orb..

Have you used v4 for anything else since it updated? ( reason I say 4 is because you say 'memory' and that is the only version I have seen to do it.. ) The Attachment is a BMP file.. and the one image is the PNG i the post of the same thing..LOL.. looks like NF blew-up into little bits..graphically.. :D

• Administrator

Used v4. The other BMPs I tried worked fine.

Did you try the PNG? You know I think it could be the color profile I used.. RGB 32 instead of 8... I will be back with another one..

• Administrator

Well, the PNG did work, but the background it totally black.

Posted Image

Try this.. 256 Color Uncompressed BMP.. I may have to go back to the drawing board for this.. LOL

Its really odd.. I have used PNG's and JPG's with version 2.6... and BMP's and never had this happen..

EDIT Attachment deleted..

• Administrator

Same error at first. On second try, this:

Posted Image

Well.. I just tried it.. and it works on mine without Aero and using an Alternative Style.. BUT I noticed that when I run my cursor back and forth it leave black lines that disappear.. but the button did apply just fine.. so there is something else different in the file itself.. that I have created that is rendering some odd results...

I will have to delete those and start over I guess..find out whats different from mine and the others.. all of them are at 32 Bit depth so I dunno.. probably something else to work out.. So for all of the restarts and trouble.. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I am FAR from being any kind of artist, but I will continue

to work on sigs. I also plan on introducing the nsane name into other

sigs that I use in another forum, DarksideRG.

I mention this because this forum was the only one that was able to clew me in

as to what happened to that community. Anyway, as a show of thanks, when I am able to

communicate there again, I plan on thanking nsane in a post, and I will add the

nsane name to my sigs on that site.

Here in this post is my first nsane.down sig.

• Administrator

That's nice. You should post it cause we wont be able to see it again if you change your signature. :)

Archived