ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4.2.67.10

jalaffa

OK, I've now got ESET NOD32 4.2.67.10 installed and running with TNOD 1.4.0.17. According to TNOD, the license I'm now using is good until 21/Feb/2011, but ESET NOD32 shows "Remaining trial period: 30 days". Did I use TNOD properly? If I run TNOD's "Recover data of current License.bat", it shows that I'm using the username and password that expire on 21/Feb/2011.

For the first time since I joined nsane, I'm not using the box, mara- fix. :sorry:

Did you install Tnod ?, usually comes as a installer.

On Tnod make sure you click on Check expiry dates, Should give you a serial for 3 months,

Where did you copy of Eset from, I'm using the Smart Security 4.2.67.10 and i dont see any remaining trial period i updated from a earlier version just yesterday, downloaded my copy from see lnk

might be something to do with the tnod 17 release, as i said i was using 1.4.0.15,

Eset Smart Security Direct download link.

• Replies 67
  • Views 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ andy2004:

No, I didn't install TNOD. There was no installer, it just came as file TNOD User & Password Finder 1.4.0.17 ( x86 & x64 ).rar (which contains TNODUP.exe, a few .bat files and a readme file that doesn't say too much). jofre's instructions in the post that dcs18 pointed to said

Nothing will be installed except the licenses.

Yes, I clicked on Check expiry dates — TNOD said my license was good until 21/Feb/2011.

I got ESET NOD32 Antivirus from the nsane.down download page. Do I have to click on "Upgrade to full version..."? I think that might be the problem. :unsure:

Ok i found the Tnod 17 build, and replaced the exe from my build 15, works exactly the same, I usedthe Tnod build 15 installer and changed the exe file to the new 17, but thats not the problem.

I think your right NightOWL, click the upgrade to full version. and recheck the serial make sure the expiry date, it should work. I looked at mine Eset and i havent got a upgrade to full version anywhere.

wonder if i should take a screen shot as proof? where on yours does it say upgrade to full version, menu?

Ok i found the Tnod 17 build, and replaced the exe from my build 15, works exactly the same, I usedthe Tnod build 15 installer and changed the exe file to the new 17, but thats not the problem.

I think your right NightOWL, click the upgrade to full version. and recheck the serial make sure the expiry date, it should work. I looked at mine Eset and i havent got a upgrade to full version anywhere.

wonder if i should take a screen shot as proof? where on yours does it say upgrade to full version, menu?

Thanks for looking into this. ESET NOD32 Antivirus says "Upgrade to full version..." at the bottom of two screens: 1) Protection status, and 2) Update.

cJ1Ns.pngucy22.png

Night Owl, click on Upgrade to full version. You might be required to reboot, but that should remove it. you also might need to run tnod again to get a new key,

2irlyx0.jpg

I have no idea where that attack came from.

Night Owl, click on Upgrade to full version. You might be required to reboot, but that should remove it. you also might need to run tnod again to get a new key,

andy2004, thank you so much for your daily help. +1 rep. :D Thanks for confirming my hunch that I needed to upgrade to the full version. I am so used to using the box, mara- fix which didn't require upgrading to the full version (it kept one at trial forever).

Upgrading to the full version just caused ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4.2.67.10 to download a 32,898 KB file, but then it upgraded right away without a need to reboot. Here's how it looks now:

QGN8N.png

PurplebeanZ, on 18 November 2010 - 06:58 PM, said:

Ok, here's the new version in beta form - there may be bugs so please take care with it.

Instructions for installation:

1) Run ESET updater & make sure forced mode is ticked.

2) Click 'Enable' and Install your prefered ESET product.

3) Reboot.

When you want to uninstall your ESET product:

1) Run ESET updater & make sure forced mode is ticked.

2) Click 'Disable' and uninstall your prefered ESET product.

3) Reboot.

Site: http://www.mediafire.com/

Sharecode[?] : ?h38x4t5o0b99fws

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@PurplebeanZ :-

Got 1st update without rebooting computer after installation of ESET AV 4.2.67.10 on mine WinXP PRO SP3 ( x86 ).

It`s a very, very good fix and as said before, people just have to follow instructions and all will be fine !

There is nothing else to explain --» Apply fix in 1st place, then the ESET in 2nd place and update.

My Congratulations ! You are a winner !

Jofre

Still on version 3? :blink:

EDIT: Wait, sorry I forgot about the UI of AV being different from 4.. LOL.. sorry..

my workplace PC is running v3. i have no problem at all with it.

Well when I ran version 3, I didn't necessarily have problems with it.. it just seemed a little bulky, from what I remembered. I think I had it worked out though in the way of the settings.. I was just surprised.. Then I realized the UI I was looking at was for the AV only.. and is different from ESS.. but yeah I never recommended 3 on machines that already had a need for better hardware.. It was ver. 2 or 4.. but that was quite awhile back... so my memory and how I feel about it may be for several reasons..

andy2004, thank you so much for your daily help. +1 rep. :D Thanks for confirming my hunch that I needed to upgrade to the full version. I am so used to using the box, mara- fix which didn't require upgrading to the full version (it kept one at trial forever).

Upgrading to the full version just caused ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4.2.67.10 to download a 32,898 KB file, but then it upgraded right away without a need to reboot. Here's how it looks now:

QGN8N.png

Cool, now you just need to update the key sometime when it says you have so many days left. and get another 3 months. probably start seeing the windows around 23/ Jan /2011 usually 20-30days notification thats its about to expire

New ESET-PureFix 1.51 for ESET AV 4.2.67.10 ( author --» @Purplebeanz ) :- ( v. 1.51 final )

Changes in V1.51 are as follows:

Removed some redundent steps from the fixing process.

Only one button needed now.

Improved detection of the current state of your ESET installation (no need for force mode check box).

If Safe Mode is detected then the fix will be applied/removed the old way, without waiting for the ESET installer.

Monitoring of install/uninstall now runs under different thread, so it doesn't freeze up and can also now be be cancelled.

If you accidently click close while an installation is being watched - it will just minimize to tray instead, and pop back up when finished.

Additional guidance messages where needed.

Will now report an error if you try and Enable without Administrator rights - thanks to nemanja065 for bringing that to my attention.

Download V1.51

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Site: ...................................... mediafire.com

Sharecode ................................................... /?aueecuynttvzzt4

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Instructions how to use included in README File.

ROMANTICGUY50

I am using the ESET purefix and tried tp upgrade to the FULL version and it asked for a username and password. With the fix is that even nessacary at all

I am using the ESET purefix and tried tp upgrade to the FULL version and it asked for a username and password. With the fix is that even nessacary at all

Don't upgrade to the full version with either the box, mara- fix or the ESET Purefix. Both of those fixes keep your trial version working forever.

• 6 months later...
hollafrontz

i just installed eset with purefix 1.52, it said failed but still says i already have unlimted updates. also what happens when the trial days count all the way down to zero? Will I still be able to use it?

Thanks

Archived